Auto Mania: 17 Autos

Hi Nicke, when you say unknown father, is the father still known to be an auto, or could it equally be a photo? I just wondered as I had thought about trying to force a fem Gorilla Glue Auto to produce pollen and wondered what the outcome would be if some of that pollen landed on one of my photo plants, would it likely be photo or auto? Cheers

Hey Stunger, no I don't think the father is an auto. I believe that if your seeds have any genetics from Ruderalis, they will autoflower. I believe that if you get pollen from an auto and make seeds from a photo, it will be autos.
We'll see how my gorillas go, they should start to flower shortly if they're autos. I check them for male balls every day.

Wow Nick you have really got your hands full with that little lot.

You seem to have a grip on it though. You'll certainly end up with the variety you seek .

Just read through your journal, know next to nothing about hydro, so it's been an educational breakfast.

I'm subbed up and will be following along.

Hey Stunger, no I don't think the father is an auto. I believe that if your seeds have any genetics from Ruderalis, they will autoflower. I believe that if you get pollen from an auto and make seeds from a photo, it will be autos.
We'll see how my gorillas go, they should start to flower shortly if they're autos. I check them for male balls every day.
I had assumed you'd have to breed autos with other autos, but makes sense what you say, I hadn't looked into it and didn't realize the probable ease of crossing an auto with a photo for some auto seeds, as I could have then dusted a cola or two of my Widow if I had reversed sexed my Gorilla Glue Auto. A pollen chucked GGa and White Widow probably wouldn't be too shabby. I might set off a couple GGa's once my current lot are out of the way as I don't really want to push the numbers when it's 'frowned upon by the law' and there'll be a bit of potential aroma coming off soon. Good luck with your's and cool to watch the progress!

I had assumed you'd have to breed autos with other autos, but makes sense what you say, I hadn't looked into it and didn't realize the probable ease of crossing an auto with a photo for some auto seeds, as I could have then dusted a cola or two of my Widow if I had reversed sexed my Gorilla Glue Auto. A pollen chucked GGa and White Widow probably wouldn't be too shabby. I might set off a couple GGa's once my current lot are out of the way as I don't really want to push the numbers when it's 'frowned upon by the law' and there'll be a bit of potential aroma coming off soon. Good luck with your's and cool to watch the progress!

White Gorilla sounds like a good breed - it would be very frosty I think. I'm curious about my gorillas with the unknown father, if they're any good I have plenty of those seeds.

I hear what you're saying regarding the numbers. I start to regret my decisions that made me end up growing 17 plants. I believe I will have some serious smell issues next month. I live 2 floors over a very popular coffee shop where the cops stop on a daily basis. When I have dried plants in my bedroom, the smell has been super strong down at the street some days. Miss Zkittlez is starting to show some frost now, and she has a lovely sour smell, but it doesn't really smell outside yet.

The low priority plants in the living room are growing. The GGAs in the small 1 liter pots hasn't shown any signs of flowering yet. They're now around 4 weeks old.
The retarded Royal Creamatic is live and kicking at 30 days old. It has 2 tops and is only 3 cm tall.

Attachments

• Retard - day 30 - 1.jpg
    Retard - day 30 - 1.jpg
    990.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Day 33 - Flower.jpg
    Day 33 - Flower.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 48

Attachments

• Z day 47 - Flower 1.jpg
    Z day 47 - Flower 1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36
  • Z day 47 - Flower 2.jpg
    Z day 47 - Flower 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • PL day 47 - Flower 1.jpg
    PL day 47 - Flower 1.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 38
  • PL day 47 - Flower 2.jpg
    PL day 47 - Flower 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • SD day 46 - Flower 1.jpg
    SD day 46 - Flower 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • SD day 46 - Flower 2.jpg
    SD day 46 - Flower 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • GG day 39 - Flower 1.jpg
    GG day 39 - Flower 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
  • GG day 39 - Flower 2.jpg
    GG day 39 - Flower 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 39

Attachments

• Tent autos 11.jpg
    Tent autos 11.jpg
    934.8 KB · Views: 39
Nice and green Nick, with some tasty looking buds coming on.

How's the smell level? :yummy:

What neuts are you using in your coco?

I've decided to try out Hempy Buckets with perlite. I'm moving my grow outside(ish) so watering to run off will no longer be a problem for me. :cheer:

Been busy reading up on it. I've nearly made it through the Hempy Headquarters thread on here, some beautiful plants in there. Think the style of growing will suit me down to the ground.

Waiting for stuff to arrive, hit 21c round here today, so getting super keen

:Namaste:

Nice and green Nick, with some tasty looking buds coming on.

How's the smell level? :yummy:

What neuts are you using in your coco?

I've decided to try out Hempy Buckets with perlite. I'm moving my grow outside(ish) so watering to run off will no longer be a problem for me. :cheer:

Been busy reading up on it. I've nearly made it through the Hempy Headquarters thread on here, some beautiful plants in there. Think the style of growing will suit me down to the ground.

Waiting for stuff to arrive, hit 21c round here today, so getting super keen

Hey Piña, You used to grow in soil, right? You should see a major improvement in growth with the Hempy buckets. I've never tried them myself, but I've seen some nice plants growing in hempies. Awesome to have them outside. They'll grow big with the sun we get here. If you start any photo plants now, they'll get massive!!

The smell is not that strong yet, but I expect that to change in two weeks or so. I'm starting to think it's a bad idea to have 10 plants in the open in my living room. I might put the whole second tent up on the weekend, with extractor fan.

I'm using the Advanced Nutrients line up of nutes, including all their expensive additives. I feed very sparingly though. about a third of recommended dosage. The reason I'm using Advanced Nutrients is due to their pH perfect technology. I never haver to worry about checking or adjusting the pH again. Whatever it is when mixed is what the plants get and they love it! The pH is usually 7.2 for my mix with my tap water.

Hey Piña, You used to grow in soil, right? You should see a major improvement in growth with the Hempy buckets. I've never tried them myself, but I've seen some nice plants growing in hempies. Awesome to have them outside. They'll grow big with the sun we get here. If you start any photo plants now, they'll get massive!!

This is why I'm going Auto's all the way LOL I don't need any trees.

I'm using the Advanced Nutrients line up of nutes, including all their expensive additives. I feed very sparingly though. about a third of recommended dosage. The reason I'm using Advanced Nutrients is due to their pH perfect technology. I never haver to worry about checking or adjusting the pH again. Whatever it is when mixed is what the plants get and they love it! The pH is usually 7.2 for my mix with my tap water.

So glad you said this :D, they're the nutes I'm going for. PH perfect sounds too good to be true, but I thought I'd give them a try. I've always hated checking Ph. I've only gone with the cheap stuff though. From your experience it sounds like it does :D:):D

Attachments

• Z day 51 - Flower 1.jpg
    Z day 51 - Flower 1.jpg
    956.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Z day 51 - Flower 2.jpg
    Z day 51 - Flower 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • Z day 51 - Flower 3.jpg
    Z day 51 - Flower 3.jpg
    910.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Z day 51 - Flower 5.jpg
    Z day 51 - Flower 5.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43
Zkittlez is getting really fat buds at day 59

Sour Diesel is starting to build decent buds at day 58. She's was accidentally starved for some time due to blocked irrigation parts and started to show some brown spots on her leaves. She's been flushed and should be okay.

Purple Lemonade hasn't turned purple yet at day 59

And Glue Gelato is starting to look good

2nd and 3rd priority girls in flower. 2nd priority plants are crammed up badly in the main tent. Dorcky Dick is starting to show a considerable amount of trichomes, and I believe Critical will follow shortly. Blueberry in the back is flowering more slowly:

Dorcky Dick

Critical

3rd priority girls in living room in flower.

The other 3 and 4 priority plants have been removed from the living room light and put in exile on the balcony. They will be left here and will live under torturous conditions as punishment for not showing any signs of flowering. They have really strong winds some days and they keep falling over. Now I'm trying to pin them upright by keeping them pressed against the wall with chairs. They'll get sunshine for a few hours a day, and they get soaked in the rain. I only feed them occasionally, which is really bad when growing in coco. We'll see how long they'll last....

Back
Top Bottom