Auto Mania: 17 Autos

Wow you have some spectacular plants/yields. I am about to grow 12 autos and a couple of photos outside this summer. The two photos (Bubba Kush high thc clones) are being grown in plots in the ground while the 12 high CBD autos (Somolescence or something like that dont rightly remember) will be planted 2 to a planter in my large 3.5 x 3.5 x 3 foot planters outside that I built several years ago specifically for growing weed.

I've only ever done one auto and I had no idea what I was doing at the time. I have a better idea what to do now with those little suckers!

So I should be re reading a lot of this journal over the next few days to see what I can learn. I know quite a bit about growing outdoors having done it twice already now, but I'm new to autos so I have a bit of a learning curve to take at breakneck speed down thus unravelled highway I'm a out to embarke upon. So wish me luck if you will.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hej Magnus! A fellow country man perhaps? I'm Swedish.
Good luck on your grow. It sounds great! So those plants in the planters can grow up to a height of 3 feet? They've got plenty of space sideways. I suggest you top them. Some people say not to top autos, but I've never had a problem with it, rather the opposite.

One of the gorillas has hermied. This girl has been seriously stressed. She had her main cola amputated half-way through flowering due to some monster living inside her stem eating her from the inside. Then the high temps and the foxtailing. I've picked a few nanners the last couple of days. She might have pollinated a little bit and I might see some seeds in the other plants. I will keep her as long as I can manage to keep the nanners from maturing, and then I'll chop her a bit early.

Do you ever defoliate your outdoor auto flowers? I have 3 auto blueberries that are 7 weeks old and have finished stretching. I'm wondering if I should fuss with them or just let em go.

Yes, I defoliate all my plants, but I typically defoliate a bit less outdoors since the sun is moving and penetrates the foliage better.

Blueberry #2 went down today. Finally my tent is quiet, I have it in the living room.
This is a big lady for an auto - very big! She'd be big for a photo as well...

Root wash before hanging to dry

Drying in daylight for the first 3 days. Not in direct sun light.

The first of the little gorillas went down today. I found some early stage bud rot on a few branches. While cleaning the bud rot out I found 2 seeds. They are my second generation auto seeds, probably self pollinated. I'll try them one day and see what they're like. I assume I'll find some more...
The girl smells good and is sticky. She'll be good to vape I think.

Bud rot

Some nice sticky looking colas there Nick.

It does get me with strain names, so many completely different looking plants from different breeders sharing the same names. I know there are many different phenotypes that will cause that, but I keep wondering how close all the different plants with the same name actually are, what's the likelyhood that they aren't sharing much. The Gorilla auto I grew was a darker green leafed plant compared to the 2 photos I grew, not darker from nutes or anything as I gave the chop to a softer green male that had been growing in a 50L container and planted the auto into his soil. So it was interesting to see how the auto's leaves grew a darker shade of green in the same pot. So I look at your Gorilla which I am sure is missing nothing and they're a much softer green. But hey all good, just waffling! :hookah:

It does get me with strain names, so many completely different looking plants from different breeders sharing the same names. I know there are many different phenotypes that will cause that, but I keep wondering how close all the different plants with the same name actually are, what's the likelyhood that they aren't sharing much. The Gorilla auto I grew was a darker green leafed plant compared to the 2 photos I grew, not darker from nutes or anything as I gave the chop to a softer green male that had been growing in a 50L container and planted the auto into his soil. So it was interesting to see how the auto's leaves grew a darker shade of green in the same pot. So I look at your Gorilla which I am sure is missing nothing and they're a much softer green. But hey all good, just waffling! :hookah:

Cheers, Stunger. This plant is a bit lighter green than the others due to the flushing. The other 4 that are still going are coloured a bit differently, some darker than others. I noticed now after they have foxtailed that the buds forming on the foxtails look different on different plants. Some look more like sativa.
Also, you mentioned your gorilla smelled of fuel. After you said that I have smelled my plants a bit more, and you're right. There's definitely a fuel smell to them. They still smell good, though. I also checked the genetics and it's all fuel tasting strains.

Bud rot Is the white thingy in the middle?
Ty

It's more the brown parts. The buds and plant materia decays and it all turns dead....

Also, you mentioned your gorilla smelled of fuel. After you said that I have smelled my plants a bit more, and you're right. There's definitely a fuel smell to them. They still smell good, though. I also checked the genetics and it's all fuel tasting strains.
That's interesting and reassuring. The very strong diesel/chemically smell has now matured, it is still there but has melted into diesel/old leather type of aroma. I actually quite like the smell now. I would draw an analogy with the whiskey known as Laphroaig, some people cannot stand it because the strong peaty taste. I feel this GG diesel fuel smell is a bit like that, with the plant I grew that smell very noticeably stood out during the grow and the dry.

That's interesting and reassuring. The very strong diesel/chemically smell has now matured, it is still there but has melted into diesel/old leather type of aroma. I actually quite like the smell now. I would draw an analogy with the whiskey known as Laphroaig, some people cannot stand it because the strong peaty taste. I feel this GG diesel fuel smell is a bit like that, with the plant I grew that smell very noticeably stood out during the grow and the dry.

Mmmmm ... Laphroaig - I believe you hit the jackpot there :high-five:

Here are two of my other gorillas. The first one has foxtails that look a lot like sativa while the other's look like indica. There's 2 of each. Up until they started foxtailing they all looked alike - weird....

Sativa foxtails
Sativa foxtails

Indica foxtails
Indica foxtails

I left town for a few days over the weekend, so I set my girls up for auto-feeding on the balcony. When I came back home yesterday they almost looked dead. The filter was clogged and the feeding didn't work. Sitting in 1 liter pots there's no reserve, they need to be fed a few times a day. Most of the few fan leaves I had left have dried and died, but the plants seem to have recovered ok. I also found more bud rot on 2 plants, so I had to chop those colas.

On a side note my apartment smells lovely of Gorilla Glue at the moment. I just put 40 grams of buds from last year's growth in the oven to decarb. I'll have it for eating. If it's any good, I'll do the same with some Amnesias buds I have.
I felt sick from eating too much oil when I infused in coconut oil so hopefully it'll be good if I just eat the dry herb instead.

After one day of recovery. The lower parts of the rightmost plant is especially bad. This plant also had two colas chopped due to bud rot. They've been fed a weak nute mix for the last weeks, and after tomorrow they'll be flushed.

With eating, I understand even a tiny spread of butter will help assist transport the THC for better absorption, no need for a huge amount. I have read of folk eating decarbed herb dry and then later on eating something containing oil and suddenly getting a big hit from it even tho the herb was consumed 2 or 3 hours earlier.

So, I just ate 2 grams of decarboxylated gorilla buds mixed with olive oil. We'll see if it's any good in a couple of hours....
I'll try to stay away from the vaporiser and give it a chance to kick in.

I started a grow journal yesterday for the Zamnesia Spring Cup, but it was deleted because Zamnesia isn't a sponsor. But I now have a photo Banana seed growing in soil outdoors.

It will be interesting how that kicks in. :surf:

I went night fishing from the shore a couple of months ago with my brother and he bought some canna butter spread on rolls. I got so totaled that for almost an hour I couldn't even fish, and had a mega case of cotton mouth. All good tho. :hookah:

It will be interesting how that kicks in. :surf:

I went night fishing from the shore a couple of months ago with my brother and he bought some canna butter spread on rolls. I got so totaled that for almost an hour I couldn't even fish, and had a mega case of cotton mouth. All good tho. :hookah:

That sounds like fun fishing

Back
Top Bottom