Auto Mania: 17 Autos

nickeluring

I've got 17 autos cooking. I initially planned on only doing the 3 from Fast buds, then added the Glue Gelato from Barney's Farm, and then I somehow was able to reason that number up to 17! That reasoning took place under the influence of some of my newly harvested buds I suppose...:rolleyes:

I have classified them in 4 priority groups. Group 1 gets the best growing conditions, and the rest get gradually less favourable growing conditions.
I'll only top 4 of the plants, the rest I don't want to grow too wide, as the'll be more in a SOG like grow.

Group 1 - 19 liter pots, quad-lining and best spots in the grow tent. Automatic irrigation
Fast buds Purple Lemonade - born on January 16
Fast buds Sour Diesel - born on January 17
Fast buds Zkittlez - born on January 16
Barney Farm's Glue Gelato - born on January 25

Group 2 - 9 liter pots, no topping, currently get a spot in the tent but might be moved outside if needed. Hand fed/Auto irrigation
Eurogrow's Blueberry - born on January 30
Eurogrow's Rocky Dirck - born on January 30
Growbarrato's Critical - born on January 31

Group 3 - 3 liter fabric pots, no topping, get squeezed together with many plants under a small grow light in the living room, no tent, get best positions under the light. Hand fed
Eurogrow's Blueberry - born on January 31
Eurogrow's Rocky Dirck - born on February 1
Growbarrato's White Widow - born on February 1
Royal Queen Seeds Royal Creamatic - born on February 3

Group 4 - 1 liter fabric pots, no topping, get squeezed together with many plants under a small grow light in the living room, no tent, get the least favourable positions under the light. Hand fed
Growbarrato's Critical - born on January 31
Regular seed from a breed of Fast buds Gorilla Glue and unknown father #1 - born on February 2
Regular seed from a breed of Fast buds Gorilla Glue and unknown father #2 - born on February 2
Regular seed from a breed of Fast buds Gorilla Glue and unknown father #3 - born on February 2
Regular seed from a breed of Fast buds Gorilla Glue and unknown father #4 - born on February 3
Regular seed from a breed of Fast buds Gorilla Glue and unknown father #5 - born on February 5

Attachments

• Tent autos.jpg
    Tent autos.jpg
    952.2 KB · Views: 381
  • Small autos.jpg
    Small autos.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 342
I've got 8 autos (6 Mephisto genetics) all different strains and all going into 3 gallons pure coco coir started -
I orginally wanted only 6 in my 4x4 - in 3 gal. but 3 seedlings were struggling for over a week so I decided to pop 2 more and just like waiting, waiting, waiting for a bus and lighting a cigarette and it comes (I used to smoke for 40 years and lived in NYC:}) the 3 look like they are recovering and so 8 it is for as we reap so do we sow :lot-o-toke:
How large is your tent?

Haha, yes, I've done the same in the past. I panicked when the seeds didn't pop, and planted a few more and ended up with more than I bargained for. At least this time it was all planned.
Sweet to have 8 autos. What strains?

I've only got a 2x4 tent. Ideally I'd grow 2 plants in there, but usually end up with 3 because I want some variety. Now I've got 4 + 3 in there. But will do less training this time and let them grow taller.

But will do less training this time and let them grow taller.
I was thinking the same thing..
I am growing All Autos
Mephisto Genetics - Samsquanch, Chemdogg, Cosmic Queen, 4-assed monkey, Double Grape, and Sour Stomper, then an MSNL GDP, and an 420 Amnesia that I call virgin Amy (she was a freak seedling that grew in my Amnesia auto pot - I think I light stressed her slightly earlier and she dropped a seed and gave me a gift <smile> -

I was thinking the same thing..
I am growing All Autos
Mephisto Genetics - Samsquanch, Chemdogg, Cosmic Queen, 4-assed monkey, Double Grape, and Sour Stomper, then an MSNL GDP, and an 420 Amnesia that I call virgin Amy (she was a freak seedling that grew in my Amnesia auto pot - I think I light stressed her slightly earlier and she dropped a seed and gave me a gift <smile> -

That sounds like interesting strains. I've never tried any of them.

How do autos perform in a sog? I got space for about 18 plants in my 2x4 in 1gal pots with about 2week of veg. Just an option if your looking for variety.

I think it would have been better if they were all the same strain, and in the same size pots. Otherwise I think a SOG is perfect for autos, but expensive if you have to buy seeds...

I think it would have been better if they were all the same strain, and in the same size pots. Otherwise I think a SOG is perfect for autos, but expensive if you have to buy seeds...
This is my first grow of Mephisto genetics gear - They are supposed to be one of the top auto breeders - I wanted to try a variety of their strains to see what they are like - I know that this may not make them good candidates for sog - I'll just have to see how the canopy develops - Last couple of grows I had different strains in the mix as well which is why I haven't used my netting yet <smile>.. I think I will have to get another tent so I can satsify all my desires....

This is my first grow of Mephisto genetics gear - They are supposed to be one of the top auto breeders - I wanted to try a variety of their strains to see what they are like - I know that this may not make them good candidates for sog - I'll just have to see how the canopy develops - Last couple of grows I had different strains in the mix as well which is why I haven't used my netting yet <smile>.. I think I will have to get another tent so I can satsify all my desires....

Yes, variety is awesome!
I stopped using SCROG after my first grow. To me it's just a hassle, and it makes it hard to take care of the plants. Same effect can be achieved solely by LST and super-cropping.
I actually do have 2 tents, but both are tiny, and I currently only use the frame of the smallest one to hang my light in the living room. I wish I could fit a larger tent in here...I need a new house.

Attachments

• PL Veg - day 24 - LST.jpg
    PL Veg - day 24 - LST.jpg
    771.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Z Veg - day 24 - LST.jpg
    Z Veg - day 24 - LST.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 312

Attachments

• GG Veg - day 16 - Topped 2.jpg
    GG Veg - day 16 - Topped 2.jpg
    900.3 KB · Views: 316
Photo Feb 09, 5 41 24 AM.jpg
Photo Feb 09, 5 42 07 AM.jpg

Your plants look fabulous :hookah:
- I have had trouble with every single one of my seedlings, but they seem to push through and recover - The thing about autos is that they don't give enough time for recovery the way a photo does so it is more stress prone - In the tent are the 3 struggling seedlings that are on the road to recovery and Virgin Amy - a seedling that grew out of my Amnesia Auto pot in my last grow and I extracted it on New Years Day..

Thanks for showing your plants. They'll get there :thumb:
From the pics they do look a bit light in colour, though. Perhaps a bit more feeding is needed? How often are they fed?

This is the first grow I am doing using Nectar for the gods nutes - so I am working on dialing them in - I just up-ed their portions - I have been feeding them only once a day but I may start a 2 times a day regiment - they are in 3 gallon pure coco coir and last grow I was on a 3 - 4 per day fertigation schedule - NFTG is too thick to use in a drip or halo line so hand feed/water is the only option - but I like the line and the idea of a calcium based line -

Yes, feeding is tricky. If you start feeding your girls more often, you'll see improvement in growth. I feed mine every 3rd hour during lights on.
No dripper is needed for an auto irrigation system. I just have the hoses ending at the base of the stem. The coco will absorb all around anyway.

once I get these girls a little further along I will look into perhaps setting up a system like you described - I never had 8 in the tent and in order to stay sane I built an automatic drain to waste system that lets me water . feed by hand but it drains out and pumps of the tent so I don't have to move the plants every time for runoff. I am not sure where everyone will end up so I can't lay the tracks yet- Thank you for the idea,,,:Namaste:

once I get these girls a little further along I will look into perhaps setting up a system like you described - I never had 8 in the tent and in order to stay sane I built an automatic drain to waste system that lets me water . feed by hand but it drains out and pumps of the tent so I don't have to move the plants every time for runoff. I am not sure where everyone will end up so I can't lay the tracks yet- Thank you for the idea,,,:Namaste:

My number one tip for improving growth in coco is arranging for automatic removal of the run-off. So if you've already got that in place, feeding the plants multiple times a day will be super easy - even when hand feeding. That's what I do with my 10 plants in the living room.

10 plants in the living room Would love to be able to do that but I don’t think my wife with agree.

Haha, yes I don't think many partners would accept a blurple light, next to the tv, on a 20/4 schedule. :laughtwo:
One benefit of being single I guess...:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom