Auto Northern Lights: Nutrients advice please

s7avamava

Hi guys im a first time grower so need some help please.
the situation is this... i have 3 northen lights autos from royalqueenseeds i have a bottle of plant start, ph up and down a bottle of take root and A and B.. is there anything else i can give them and how much should i give them. Any help would be awesome.. thanks..s

grow medium- coco, perlite and coco balls
temp between 68 and 74
lights- 2 mars hydro 300 wats
humidity 70%
enviroment- 4x4 grow tent
air flow- ducted into the loft with an inline fan and carbon filter.. due to noise issues iv had to get creative..
ive and installed a cieling fan in the tent also ive taken the fans out of my lights and left the cases open suspended under the cieling fan to cool them im going to time a fan to come on in 15 min intervals later on to blow the plants about during the day when i can make more noise.
20171002_031809.jpg
20171002_031803.jpg
20171002_031745.jpg
20171002_031734.jpg

Thanks
yeah sorry i missed that info out i have ph tester soil ph tester and a digital meter for temp and humidity. Basicly the buying equipment part has been the most enjoyable part so far so i have plenty of tackle and some back ups... My seeds have just sprouted but im down to 2 plants as my third failed.

my A and b formula are dutchpro aarde and say autoflower on the bottle. will they be sufficient or should i buy something else..

Thanks for your reply.. s

If the "ph tester soil ph tester" you have is one of the combination units that you buy at the garden store, you would do well to set it aside and get a real pH pen, the kind with the glass bulb sensor, and a bottle of pH 7.0 calibration fluid and learn how to use it.

Also, I highly recommend a PPM meter. Once you have one, you will never want to be without it!

The only reason I recognize the Dutch word "aarde" is from the English word "aardvark," which I believe translates to something like "earth pig" in Dutch/Afrikaans. ;)

For fertilizer, you want to be able to reduce nitrogen and increase phosphorous and potassium as the plant flowers.

When I look at the chart at the link below, I am not certain that your fertilizer will allow that.
Try to find a fertilizer calendar that goes for 12 weeks (or so), from germination to vegetative growth to flowering, and that changes the dosing each week.

Dutch Pro – soil-Auto-Flowering-feed-chart-black – Autoflower Portal

420-magazine-mobile1826009923.jpg
420-magazine-mobile956498279.jpg

Here's my northern lights autoflower. I fed her pretty heavily her whole life. Some days I'd venture above 1500ppm. Just watch the leaf tips for burning. Also grown in 100% coco no perlite.

Nice plants :thumb: Thats great advice thanks.. so i dont have to worry to much about over feeding. The ph pen i have is an essentials 1. blue case.

Do you think i should treat them like a non auto and feed them with the 3 different feeds that cater to the growth stages ( i forget what its called)..

That would make it simpler for me, this is the part im going to struggle with.

Do you think i should treat them like a non auto and feed them with the 3 different feeds that cater to the growth stages ( i forget what its called)..

I don't know what you mean by "treat them like a non auto." Pretty much everyone feeds their plants differently over the course of the grow to optimize the nutrients for each growth stage.

Just for an example, here's General Hydroponics 12-week nutrient guide. (Every manufacturer has one of these, to the best of my knowledge.) It lists a bunch of products, but the only ones I use are FloraGrow, FloraMicro, FloraBloom, and CALiMAGic.

General Hydroponics – Grow indoor. Grow outdoor. Grow with us.

Yes when they go into flower mode feed them flower nutes. Everything about them is the same except having a predetermined flower schedules. They also respond weirdly to LST, so research before you do any training.

Yes when they go into flower mode feed them flower nutes. Everything about them is the same except having a predetermined flower schedules. They also respond weirdly to LST, so research before you do any training.

Folklore is that autos need less fertilizer and you can burn them more easily. I don't know if that's true or not.

I have grown a couple of autos that did fine with LST, by which I mean they responded well to me yanking on the branches with wires.

Hey there@s7avamava
Hope the worlds treating you well.
I’m a nube myself to the growing community ( which had been ace , I might add)
Only chipping in ( if I may)as I’ve not long finished NL autos from RQS.
I lstd a bit( tied a few branches down) a bit of exfoliating as I went.
I think I only used a root accelerator and guard for the first 2 weeks( maybe cal mag too)After that I had a good response with keeping the nutes down to 1/3 of the manufactures recommended, through most of the grow, alternating between feeding and watering(ph’d)
During flowering I pushed the nutes up to full strength, 2 of the ladies responded well, the other 2 not so well.. no clue why.
I was using GHE veg, micro, bloom for initial stages but reverted to canna bio Flores before flowering.( for no other reason than ease of use). I’m still loving the smoke
But as I’ve said I’m a total nube, and I wouldn’t want to miss inform you in any way.

DE47C532-5601-4EF3-9E07-C0A8A0BFC3AD.jpeg
4EE83873-8606-4F4A-8FE2-366C96D57134.jpeg
Peace an love
Bud

Back
Top Bottom