Auto Strains any advise

tk86high

Hey 420 peeps ,
I got a few strains growing , 2 of which are auto strains , does anybody have any experience with auto strains and how they are suppose to grow ?

1 of the 2 looks kinda deformed (retarded even) the other one looks like a runt .
Compared to my other normal strains growing they both look so tiny and not proper like.

They r only in the first 8 days of growth , but still i have some normal strains that look beautiful at the 8 day mark.

I guess my question is do Auto strains look like lil runts the first few weeks of growth ? and then finish with a big bang or what? And do all Auto's stay very small ?

Thanks

Yeah it seems everybody ive spoken with said Auto strains suck . I guess now im seeing that for myself , wish i didnt pay 9 seeds of auto's damn waste of my time and money .

Check out some other threads. Do an advance search for autos. Their are pics posted and information on yields, density, etc..... I am currently starting a small grow of 4 autos. From all of the opinions I have received and advice I feel good. My grow is for personal use and I am not looking for a huge yield.

Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out for you.

how do you determine that,by the number of green squares by your name?

No.
You determine that by doing your research.
That will give you a base to compare facts gained from actual experience with off the cuff opinions.
Google is your friend.

I'm sorry i should have prefaced my comment ,that this was my actual experience

Your comment was not what I was posting about.
I was telling the original poster to gets lots of info to better be able to filter out the useful facts from the useless crap.
Like this: "Yeah it seems everybody ive spoken with said Auto strains suck."
That's an opinion, not a fact.
Your comment, "my own experience w auto have been,they grew very small ,no taste and very little kick.", is a couple of notches above flapjaw opinion, but would be more valuable as "legitimate info" if you gave a few more details like the particular strain you had such bad luck with.

PTG seems to know something we don't.

Everyone who I have talked to and every thread ive ever found dealing with auto strains had much to be desired. Be it small yields, sub par buds, or the plant simply not being a real autoflower.

So out with it PTG which strain does give good yields with good bud? I would love to find one but so far only have seen duds.

PTG seems to know something we don't.

One thing I know is that comparing Autoflower strains with Photoperiod strains is like trying to comparing Watermelons and Cantalopes because they are both melons.

Everyone who I have talked to and every thread ive ever found dealing with auto strains had much to be desired. Be it small yields, sub par buds, or the plant simply not being a real autoflower.

Autoflowers are becoming a major part of the MJ seed business and many of the better weed growing sites have serious Autoflower sections. There are also whole sites dedicated to growing Autos.

Do you think they would be so popular if there weren't good reason?

I have been growing weed, both for fun and profit, since I found seeds in my first lid that I bought in Golden Gate Park in 1965. I only grow for myself now.

For the last couple of years, I have been growing Autoflowers exclusively.
I use a traditional E&F tray with rockwool blocks and coco mat which makes the system a hybrid E&F/SWC system. Occasionally I will use DWC buckets, but find that they are a lot more work than my E&F system.

Some of the auto strains I have grown are, Speed Devil, Diesel Ryder, Lowryder 2, Hindu Kush, Assassin, Jock Horror, AK-47, White Widow, and a few others I can't recall.

My favorite so far is Lowryder2.

However, I have also experienced "small yields, sub par buds, or the plant simply not being a real autoflower", but I have had similar, and worse problems, over the years regardless of what kind of plants I'm growing.

I see many threads about auto flowers. More positive than negative. I believe the auto meets a specific section of growers. Also possible is a new specific section has been created. I have not grown for over twenty years. I was going through threads and discovered the Auto flower. I was sold from the results and opinions of other growers. So much so I was brought out of retirement! Not sure what will happen but I start my grow in a week or two.

Spring, that was pretty much the way I got into Autoflowers also.

And I'm glad I did.

I would rather grow regular plants outdoors in a garden, but my climate is not weed friendly.

So I grow inside hydroponically in a 2x4x7 ft cabinet.

I have grown photo plants in that setup, but manipulation of the plants to fit into the space gets to be a major pain.

Generally, Autoflowers are smaller, more compact, and grow faster making them perfect for grows in restricted spaces.

As far as the esthetic quality of auto vs photo bud, I can't really comment on that.

All I know is that, making allowances for different strains, I can't tell any difference from the auto I grow and the photo I buy at the weed store.

Back
Top Bottom