Auto X Photoperiodic: What percentage of the offspring will be autos?

I started with two plants. Plant one is an original cut of Gorilla Glue #4 to which I applied colloidal silver to in an effort to reverse the plant and produce some S1 feminized seeds. After applying the CS for 31 days the plant finally started to show me some pollen sacks so halfway there. This plant is obviously a photoperiodic plant.

Plant #2 is a beautiful Sour Diesel Haze auto from @SeedsMan . About the time the GG#4 started giving me some pollen the Sour Diesel Haze auto was in full flowering with a ton of beautiful pistils. One morning I collected some of the GG#4 pollen and dusted two big buds on the Sour Diesel Haze auto plant.

Fast forward 6 weeks to Monday of this week. I harvested the Gorilla Glue #4 plant and collected the seeds on her. So that was a success.

Yesterday and today I harvested the GG#4 X Sour Diesel Haze auto cross seeds.

I know I'm long winded but here finally is my question. I've asked several different people this question and gotten several different answers.

With this cross of the photoperiodic GG#4 to the Sour Diesel Haze Auto the resulting seed can produce what % auto flowering plants, what % photoperiodic plants, and what % fast flowering plants?

My personal belief is that the cross will produce zero auto flowering plants/seeds.

I've asked several different people this question and gotten several different answers.

I don't know why you would have, at least for the first two parts of your question.

With this cross of the photoperiodic GG#4 to the Sour Diesel Haze Auto the resulting seed can produce what % auto flowering plants

0%.

what % photoperiodic plants

EDIT: 100%.

100% of the seeds will carry one copy of the autoflowering gene, because one of the parents had a pair. Incidentally, both this and my above statements are based on the assumption that the photoperiodic parent did not have a single copy of the autoflowering gene (it's technically possible, since it's a recessive thing). If this isn't the case, it'll change the answers.

and what % fast flowering plants?

I couldn't begin to speculate (and would imagine that this part of your query requires more data).

My personal belief is that the cross will produce zero auto flowering plants/seeds.

:thumb:.

Apologies; the fingers heard the brain mumble something, but didn't expect it would be very important, lol. I'll edit my previous post, but I meant to type 100% for the "what % photoperiodic plants" portion of your question. They'll all be that way unless the photoperiodic parent carried one of the recessive autoflowering genes.

Apologies; the fingers heard the brain mumble something, but didn't expect it would be very important, lol. I'll edit my previous post, but I meant to type 100% for the "what % photoperiodic plants" portion of your question. They'll all be that way unless the photoperiodic parent carried one of the recessive autoflowering genes.
So does it have to be a pure ruderallis you use with the photo to make them autos naturally then?

I will make a stab at answering that question. 13.5% auto 36.2% fast and 50.3% photo.

If you are searching for the TRUTH. I don't have a clue. Breeding history says there will be a combination of each. Auto is a hard thing to repeat without a solid ruderalis plant. If those genetics are strong enough if the strain you used for the hybrid I am sure some of the Auto gene will pass through. The very best outcome would have a 50/50 mix. That is probably not going to happen. Most are going to be in the photo period range. Even the fast ones are mostly photo if they show up.

For the most part you should treat the seeds as a photo. It is what to do with the Autos as they show up if you are growing photos at the time.

Free seeds are free seeds so it is a win for sure. Nothing wrong with making more seeds. I don't see breeding auto's with photos as a solid idea. To much grey area in the middle of what the outcome will be.

Back
Top Bottom