Autoflower grow outdoors having issues

Texasguy61

hi, im new to the forum and was windering if anybody could help me out with my outside grow. i have it in miracle grow organic soil which i know isnt the best medium this is my first grow in a 3 gallon pot with drainage and im experimenting so i really dont know what im doing wrong if anything, i dont over water the plant i live in texas and its an outside grow. i have it facing south at all times gets 12-13 hours of natural sunlight its been sprouted for 1 and a half weeks already and the 1st set of fan leaves are taking long to form and grow. Like minimal growth, ive read that they are can and usually grow a bit faster. not sure if the the heat its usually around 90 degrees around here or i am i just over thinking it. Could really use some input

Re: Autoflower grow outdoors having issues,

IMAG005819.jpg
IMAG005525.jpg

Are you able to get anything but miracle grow soil? i heard its not good cause you can't flush out the nutes that it has in it when its time to flush. I use the fox farm or 420 recipe soils seem to be good enough to get something decent. are you planning on moving it to a bigger pot? i started 6 seeds and all in different sized pots and the one i put in a 20 or 30 gal pot got way bigger than all the others. but i don't know if auto's are different in that they only get a certain size and thats it. you can check out my grown down below but the real big one is planted in the ground from seed so it got huge. but I'm sure more people will let you know as more people read this. good luck and have fun with it.

90 degrees is a bit high and might stunt growth, according to most things you read about temps. As long as the leaves aren't burnt (by too much nutrients) I wouldn't mess with the soil. Maybe give it some shade?

Hello, Texas. :welcome: to :420: I think you'll find - as I have - that this is a terrific community with some absolute experts out there who are really generous with their knowledge. I'm sure someone much more experienced than me will help you. (Also, here's full of just Good People).

I'm on my first grow, which is also outdoors and in pots with autos. I can say is that quite a few of my autos have been slow starters - and I'm getting about the same amount of sun as you. I suspect having lights for the night would help, but I'm not there yet. Just a couple of other things that I've learnt (to my cost) - they like the sun but when the temperature here gets in the 90's+ they get brown and crispy. Not good and green. :cheesygrinsmiley: Dappled shade in the heat of the day is my answer. Secondly, they do not like their pots being stood on stone - I've roasted roots like this. And I've been clearly advised to plant them straight into their final pots - they don't like being potted on. (Realise that's a bit late for you now. I had the same issue!).

Oh, and finally, starting a journal has been my plants' life-saver. It's a great way to get help. The 420 cavalry ride over the hill like the end of a John Ford movie.
:goodluck: :cheer:

Thanks for the input guys i really appreciate it. i ordered some fox farm organic and the trio nutes. i'm gonns try to move it in the shade in the mornings and the sun should be in her for 8-9 hours instead of the 13. maybe i will see a bit more progress. its a cream caramel auto. i will start a grow journal as soon as she starts to grow.

you can also use screen the same one u put on your window to help block out some of the sun but still let some breeze thru. also if you can get the 420 recipe i heard its a lil better than the fox farm. and the general hydroponics seems to be better also i use to use all fox farm but switched out to general hydro and it seems to last a lot longer cause its not watered down like fox farm nutes. but thats just my opinion.

Im probably going to different soils for my other grows, but for sure organic and ive heard good things about the general hydro products, im probably not gonna give feed her while shes vegging cause i know the miracle grow has alot of nutes by itself which i didnt really want cause it would take forever to flush but beggers cant be choosers

Didn't I tell you about the cavalry, Texas - didn't I? :love:them, each and every one.

And I doubt the wood the pot is on is a heat problem. Lawd knows I'm no scientist, but I do know that wood doesn't retain heat like stone. (Otherwise there would be hot wood therapy in health retreats. :rofl: I know - I shouldn't laugh at my own jokes. But someone has to).
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom