Autoflower help

supertroy1974

420 Member
Total n00b so sorry if i’m Breaking a rule or two unwittingly, but I recently grew a crop of 5 sour girl autoflowers from crop king. It could not have been more disaterous. The plants grew super slow, were always burning and now I have 5 inch plants in flower, so I may be able to get a joint out of this harvest.

My question is, I really want to keep on with the autoflowers, because I like the idea of not having to worry about photoperiod, and just really want the ease of a grow during the summer months in my garden window grow box. So what sort of ideas do I need to take on board for a successful autoflower grow?

Also I understand that you’ll want to add fewer nutes, but I’ve currently got a bag of happy frog for soil, can I use that, should I cut it with something to dilute the nutes in the HF, or should I just get a different soil altogether?

Hello Super and welcome to :420:

You best bet is to start a journal once you get everything ready. See below my signature on Helpful Links for New Members.
Do a search for the seeds you are going to drop and you'll find all kinds of Journals others have done to help you out.

Once you start a Journal, others will join in and help out as needed. you came to the right place. I would suggest heading to the Introduce yourself section and make a quick post there as well.

:goodluck:

Also I understand that you’ll want to add fewer nutes, but I’ve currently got a bag of happy frog for soil, can I use that, should I cut it with something to dilute the nutes in the HF, or should I just get a different soil altogether?
HF is fine for autos. Always start at 1/4 dose of manufacture doseage and increase from there. The first few weeks you most likely wont need to feed. Get autos in their final pot as soon as you can and don't overwater. Read the link below on the Proper Way to Water a Potter Plant. Make sure your planters are 3gal min, preferably 5gal. Fabric pots are ideal as opposed to plastic but both work as long as plastic has drainage.
That should help for now I would think.

I mixed the Happy Frog and the Ocean Forest 50/50 for a better mix of nutrients.

I have done the same 50/50 soil mix for my first grow man. did you add any extra perlite? I think the bags of HF and FFOF say 5% perlite, is that enough or should I add some for better drainage? I’ll be growing in pots outdoors in FL. just got the seeds in the mail today and getting my water cups ready for germination now.

Yes I did add perlite. I think I ran it around 25%. You kind of got to watch adding to much perlite. Drainage is good but with too much you can lose wicking. Better to do 25% of 50/50 perlite/vermiculite I think.

Good luck when you get up and going.

Total n00b so sorry if i’m Breaking a rule or two unwittingly, but I recently grew a crop of 5 sour girl autoflowers from crop king. It could not have been more disaterous. The plants grew super slow, were always burning and now I have 5 inch plants in flower, so I may be able to get a joint out of this harvest.

My question is, I really want to keep on with the autoflowers, because I like the idea of not having to worry about photoperiod, and just really want the ease of a grow during the summer months in my garden window grow box. So what sort of ideas do I need to take on board for a successful autoflower grow?

What kind of lighting are you using? I used Happy Frog without any added nutes on my recent first grow of 4 White Widow auto’s. Dried and now curing harvested 81 grams off 3 plants 14 in. tall. The last plant was a photoperiod and still flowering. It sounds to me like a lighting deficiency in your case. I have HLG 260 led light and lots of fresh air. If you are relying on window lighting you may want supplemental lighting. Maybe call Erik at LED grow light depot; i think they sell small HLG light would be ideal to help. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Jackalope this is my first autoflower grow with quality seeds. I will be growing outdoors in Florida with 5 gallon buckets. Put seeds in cup of water for 20hrs, then paper towel method inside ziploc bag. got tap roots on all my seeds and planted them Friday night. left them inside lights off while I went out of town this weekend. I came home to 3 of them having sprouted already and looking great. the Jack Herer is just about to break the soil I can see it. so far so good! here’s my real question:

since I’m growing outdoors, I’m trying to find out how much sun or filtered sun to give them throughout the first few weeks of life? I know seedlings are much more vulnerable and I don’t want to cook them. just wondering if anyone can expand on a general rule of thumb for sun schedule on an autoflower seedling that has sprouted? thanks SO much

Back
Top Bottom