Autoflower not in flower at 6wks

Thanks for the advice I'm in no hurry it just feels like it's taking forever lol. I did remove some lower leaves and branches a few weeks ago. Was pretty conservative though as didn't want to cause too much stress. Should have taken more but will know for next time.

I had been under the impression that stressing anauto once flowering began, could reduce my results so was super cautious. The sister plant (2wks younger) I have absolutely tortured just as a grow comparison. Outside 24/7 in the rain, cold and wind. Looks totally different but is into flower and somehow continues to survive. Won't produce much but just wanted to know what they could take and still live. Will take a pic and attach soon.

Much taller probably 140cm, much less dense and yet still living and flowering. Don't expect much but will see what happens. Daytime temps of 10-18 degrees Celsius and overnight of around 5-10

20220911_175846.jpg

Hi all starting to wonder if seeds supplied were reg fem and not auto. I've never grown auto or indoors but something seems off. Had a little heat stress which I have sorted but this plant is 6wks from breaking soil and shows no sign of flowering. 7 nodes and under 20/4 light in tent. Approx 50cm or 20inches and nothing happening. Breeder list was 9wks from soil and under 100cm at harvest. Don't know if I should cut the light or just wait it out.

20220804_173426.jpg

20220804_173513.jpg
my auto flower just started flowering after 4.5 months my clone has 2weeks left and i planted them at the same time some auto flowers take awhileeeeeeeeee also my autoalso went all this time being 2ft then the last 2 weeks it shot up to 4.5 ft i have pics under perry

I had been under the impression that stressing anauto once flowering began, could reduce my results so was super cautious. The sister plant (2wks younger) I have absolutely tortured just as a grow comparison. Outside 24/7 in the rain, cold and wind. Looks totally different but is into flower and somehow continues to survive. Won't produce much but just wanted to know what they could take and still live. Will take a pic and attach soon.
You are aware that plants like to grow outside right? Wind, rain, and sunshine are the things we are only *attempting* to replicate on indoor grows - that is not stress :ganjamon:

Your plant looks very healthy, it should yield just fine. The only visible stressor I see is the small pot it is in.

What I meant I I would never usually try and grow any young plant outside in the end of winter/start of spring. Days are short and temps are cold. Will be a month or so before things begin to warm up here.

You are aware that plants like to grow outside right? Wind, rain, and sunshine are the things we are only *attempting* to replicate on indoor grows - that is not stress :ganjamon:

Very true but keep in mind, not all outdoors are created equal or ideal for every genus of every plant. What grows well in one area may not grow well in another.
Storms, long periods of rain, drought, etc. regularly ruin crops... and good luck trying to grow tropical plants in sub-tropical climates.
Where I am we're experiencing very irregular weather due to climate change, weeks straight of rain uncharacteristic to the season so I'm very hesitant about growing in the ground outside.

Man has improved agriculture to be far better than what you find in nature, e.g. bananas had large seeds you had to spit out till humans genetically engineered them to have very tiny or no seeds. Commercial bananas are all clones.

Currently we're doing similar with cannabis, interbreeding, etc. to get the best plants for human consumption.

;)

j

Looks like you are now in the harvest zone as all of your white pistils have darkened and crinkled in. Do you have a loop or strong magnifying glass that will let you look at the trichomes on the buds?

They will start out clear which is too early, then turn cloudy/milky which is peak THC and more of an 'up' high, and then turn amber as they start to degrade into CBN and produce more of a couchlock effect. When to harvest along that spectrum is really grower's choice depending on what effect you like.

I'll bet you're at least partly into the amber phase now. Many growers like between 25-50% amber.

Thanks, I do not have a loupe but using magnifying app on phone does an OK job. All trichs are cloudy on mid to upper buds but none amber. Most of the lower sites are still fluffy white pistils, not sure if it's worth waiting on them or not?

Thanks, I do not have a loupe but using magnifying app on phone does an OK job. All trichs are cloudy on mid to upper buds but none amber. Most of the lower sites are still fluffy white pistils, not sure if it's worth waiting on them or not?
That then gets to my point about grower's choice and, as @Mountainman80 suggested you could do a staggard harvest if you want every part of the harvest to have essentially the same effect. Or, by harvesting all at once you'll have a mix which you could actually separate at harvest and have a variety of effects to use depending on your mood at usage.

Yep comparing this one to her 2wk younger, outdoor grown sister is like night and day despite same strain, soil, fert etc. Will have to take a pic and update this thread

Back
Top Bottom