Are autoflowers a wise investment for a cash crop situation?

• Total voters
also...just to finish a point i missed...i reccomend regular and not fem.

can u please explain your opinion on the feminized auto seeds ...ive been looking at gettin these #7 on the page

! Herbies Seeds - Autoflowering Seeds

as far as i am concerned the jury is still out on auto.
they only mid shelf at best. if that floats the boat by all means grow some. if looking for killer shit dont bother with autos.
as far as feminized autos
they just dont want to let you breed your own. get reg seed every chance ya get and breed your own seed.

also as far as a cash crop is concerned with autos. cant beleave there are so many stupid fucks voting that it is a wise investment.
it has no yeild to even the smallest yeilding badass non auto. also i can get 5 to 7 grows per year per tray and out yeild anyone willing to bet me crop for crop. i have grown lots of autos and they are very fun to grow. but not medical quality at all.

all my stuff was passed down and im building a rv grow . i was also givin around 200 mixed seeds. this man grew good weed but he is no longer with us so i dont know what seeds would b the best to grow with so thats y i decided to look at auto/fem seeds for my first grow . not looking to yield lbs but i would atlest want on oz a plant for my time and $.. hell im smokin nasty mexican brick weed now so im sure it will be great compared lol

I have a sativa auto in week 9 of 12/12 from seed, it's already looking like a 2oz plant with 3 - 4 weeks to go due to the lighting schedule, and even with the additional time, it is still much less costly to run than 20/4 for 8 weeks :Namaste:

So far with all the auto's I work with they produce mid level quality and yields are actually pretty decent. One auto I use is the strongest meds I get from my dispensary , average plant produces 1-8 ounces.

I don't like autos, and don't see the advantage they offer when a 12/12 from seed photo plant will produce much better quality meds, whilst consuming much less power due to running 6+ hours per day less :peace:

I've found a major problem with marijuana forums is uneducated people attempting to answer questions with pure bullshit like the folks above. Autoflowers are great fun. They are the only plants I grow now. I'm doing a grow now with some plants that yield 22% THC. If that won't get it I don't know what you could ask for. If you are going to grow an Indica it will be a short plant, Sativa will grow taller. Keep in mind container size dictates the size of the plant. Today I buy only feminized seeds. You will waste grow time if you are using a mixed bag and a male jumps up. My advice would be try growing them at least once. Get your pH right, use quality nutrients, use Cal Mag or Epsom Salts. And read your ass off.

I tend to agree.all I like to grow now are autos femmes... The THC level I got was close to 19% and the effects were great. I am a daily user for fifteen years and the white widow auto and blueberry auto are amazing!!!!The pH is 6.5 and I get a happy yeild of 3 and 2 oz dryer plant and being in 3gallon I can fit a lot more of them in the tent.Loads of trichs! I won't grow anything else now! Also I feed actually when they were 2weeks in I started on advanced nutrients grow\ bloom..then big bud, overdrive,b-52.ii would surely recommend autos too grow. I thought your advice was great accurate just a little to blunt, some can't take it lol.happy growing all!!!

I need as much yield as possibly possible, but I also desire way above average quality.

Some questions I have are :

If I buy seed packs that are not feminized, how many females should I expect to get in a stable, warm, humid environment? (is it even possible to guess?)

What light cycle would be the best medium between taking less time and the most quantity possible?

Is it possible to keep different ages in the same light cycles and still have them in the same room from start to finish without altering the light cycle, in order to harvest every couple of weeks?

Do they really stay around 2ft? Do they really produce between 1 and 2 ounces, cured, per plant?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you for letting me take up your time...

Coupe de Coupe
First of all, IMO autos are not for first-time-growers. It's more difficult to grow an autoflower then a feminized one if you have no idea of what you are doing.
Autos have a designed life cycle (i.e. 75 days), you can't decide to switch them to flowering and if you have any kind of issue (nutes, temps etc.) there is no remedy, your crop will be probably wasted or at least largely smaller then expected. They are a great choice if you are "expert" and if you want a perpetual grow in the same space.

ATM i'm growing 4 autos in 60x60x140cm growtent with an apollo-4 led light. 2 plants are close to the harvest (1-2 weeks to go), 1 just begun flowering and 1 is 7-10 days old. everything is going great, but a lot of attention is needed (do not fert too much, do not hst) they are fragile!
with my 136w light I've reached 30-35g per auto, not much but they were really potent, as much as many of other feminized plants

If you have enough space to veg your plants in a different space, you will have a greater reward in the end.

Anyone else ever try Trans Siberian Auto from Auto Seeds? This was my first grow ever...and this is what I got.
12650.JPG
31566.JPG
41202.JPG
6855.JPG
7684.JPG

It was over 5 feet tall, came in at just over 4oz dry plus another OZ of trim that went into 1 batch of brownies(5 hr ride from crazy town) The breeder says 20% THC...didn't have mine tested, but I can tell you this, I literally couldn't move off of the couch...it was very impressive after a proper cure. Now the fun fact...she was grown under a single 45x3 knock off led. I have 3 seeds left and plan on growing 2 in a 4x2 both in their own 5 gal DWC, both under their own Platinum P300. When I do I'm sure I'll have the journal to go with it, but again only speaking from personal experience...the majority of people on this site seem to like telling people how hard this is, and what wont work....not what actually does. Anyways good luck.

Nice first plant. It's crazy how many people are still ignorant concerning autos. They have just as much THC as photos and can yield awesome amounts.

Anyone else ever try Trans Siberian Auto from Auto Seeds? This was my first grow ever...and this is what I got.

It was over 5 feet tall, came in at just over 4oz dry plus another OZ of trim that went into 1 batch of brownies(5 hr ride from crazy town) The breeder says 20% THC...didn't have mine tested, but I can tell you this, I literally couldn't move off of the couch...it was very impressive after a proper cure. Now the fun fact...she was grown under a single 45x3 knock off led. I have 3 seeds left and plan on growing 2 in a 4x2 both in their own 5 gal DWC, both under their own Platinum P300. When I do I'm sure I'll have the journal to go with it, but again only speaking from personal experience...the majority of people on this site seem to like telling people how hard this is, and what wont work....not what actually does. Anyways good luck.

Dude I literally just bought these seeds from that same website. I will be starting my first grow in about 3 weeks as wel And I would hope with your expertise you can help me out a whole lot

I grow Autos for my space limitations, and my lack of patience.
A positive for me is the fact that since they take about 8 to 10 weeks to harvest, I can plant a couple every 4 or 5 weeks for a non-stop harvest every month or so... which is more than enough for my personal stash.
My little-ladies each return-the-love with anywhere from 1 to 2.5 oz. each, dried.
As far as their potency... with trying out different strains I have harvested buds that look, taste , smell and "smash" me as well as their photoperiod bloodlines.
Today breeders have some auto-strains that contain T.H.C. levels as high as 22% but I can agree with those who have had less-than-desireable experiences with auto strains as some have alot to be desired in the "stone" department. I have found that by sticking with the more "indica-dominant" strains, I get the best results regarding potency.
With all this being said, the REAL truth is that I have yet to find an auto that I can put on MY personal "top-shelf-list"
Aloha No

So I have a question for you I've been doing my research and I can't seem to find. Good place for auto flowering seeds could you give me some suggestions

not a cash crop at all, autos are a very mild type of strain combos. for personal use and in small gardens are a good choice.

Hi I'm a new grower and and stated with autos I have grown 2 Blue Mammoth by Barneys Farm & 1 Blue Cheese by Dinafem. The first plant i finished was the Blue Mammoth & was a very nice smoke never got to weigh this plant for yield but it was under an ounce and took 70 days.
The Blue Cheese was nice smoke & i got a bit over 23 grams after 65 days from seed.
The second Blue Mammoth was a great plant, got over 30 grams and when smoked time stands still a pleasure to smoke took 75 days from seed.
I'm now growing normal plants too try some flavors ive been wanting to try but i will defently grow autos again that Blue Mammoth is Top Shelf....

Subscribed.
I'm trying auto for what I thought would be convenience. First grows were White Widow fem. 5 grows, one plant at a time. Went from dead at transplant to a couple oz each for the last two. Now I'm out of town all the time. My wife can water, but I have to do the lights and arrangements on the weekend. My first auto is turning out okay. But I'm chasing without knowing what the plant needs.
I planted and grew her with 6400K lights at first, and she started budding at about 6 weeks. Two weeks later, I changed the lights to 2700K, and a week later I went to 12/12. That week, she stopped getting taller. Now, two weeks later, she's about 3' tall, and leaves are starting to look like they are dying. Looks like about 1+ oz total buds.
I have a new seedling in the same space. 1.5 inches, looks the same as her sister. She's in 12/12, 2700K lighting. Where am I :)

i am glad your having fun with the autos , i had alot of fun growing them. and i am surprised that the autos you have are very stable, if your growing for yourself then i wold buy next time auto regular seeds and breed your own stock[let them seed] you can revive autos beck to veg state after you take the main buds off, go to 24hrs for 3days then back off to 16/8 they should reverse then let them veg for a week, then 12/12. autos will flower no matter what but the regular cycle works better.

black berry strain is done in the same time as autos and is not an auto , done in about 6 to 6.5 weeks. small plants with nice colorfull buds and much stonier then autos,and they yield about 1 to 3 oz depending on lighting and airflow. if your not useing fabric pots you should invest in them, they trick the plant into thinking it has unlimited resources, and put some earth worms in your soil, old school trick all the masters do and never talk about. lol and with soil you dont need ro water, just ph adjust it to 6.8 to 7.0, they love tap water and the ph down powder releases the ammonia from the chlorine, BY THE WAY ,'PLANTS NEED CHLORINE FOR CELL DIVISION'. AND A CARBON FILTER REMOVES FLORIDES AND HEAVY METALS.

I have been seriously been considering a crop of autoflower. I have been doing some research on them and keep hearing reviews, of which vary, across the board. I guess I just have a few more questions that may seal the deal for me... so it would be great if anyone could shoot me some advice/ info/ warnings... what ever you know - I want to know, too.
So... here is my setup :

Room : 4.5' wide, 6' deep, 6' tall.

Light : One 400w Metal Halide with a 600w HPS at the same time (I like the results of running them together) and a 27k CFL for good measure.

Medium : Soil mixed with worm castings, perrilite, vermiculite, and peat moss.

I need as much yield as possibly possible, but I also desire way above average quality.

Some questions I have are :

If I buy seed packs that are not feminized, how many females should I expect to get in a stable, warm, humid environment? (is it even possible to guess?)

What light cycle would be the best medium between taking less time and the most quantity possible?

Is it possible to keep different ages in the same light cycles and still have them in the same room from start to finish without altering the light cycle, in order to harvest every couple of weeks?

Do they really stay around 2ft? Do they really produce between 1 and 2 ounces, cured, per plant?

Any information would be greatly appreciated and thank you for letting me take up your time...

Coupe de Coupe
Autos are strange when your use photo. I got 5 autos started the and all different stages at the same. Some I guess will finish quicker. I got my beans from the Vault. Their good ppl but Im just like wtf. Ok Scotty beam me up pleez. Stay blazing. Im new here.

Back
Top Bottom