Autoflower question

nico piff

Hi everyone I deceded to make an account here because I had ordered some seeds to start my first grow but needed a little help with the process. Im sorry if this has been asked before but I searched and didnt see anything, so my question to you is do autoflowering strains need different nutes at different times or do they require less maintainence like they require less changes in light? if they need nutes does anyone have good suggestions? also can you suggest a good soil please. thanks for the help.

From everything I've learned, autoflowers DO have a 2 to 3 week veg window. so some good vegitative fertilizer is recomended. After week 3 you can start with a good blooming or flowering fert. Avoid miracle grow soil and nutrients like the plauge. And for growing medium any good "soilless" mix should be fine. that can be found at home depot or any gardening center.

Oh one more thing, I suggest Blue Planet Nutrients. Although I have never personally used their products, but believe me, I would love to, just as soon as finances allow. I have however been watching most of the active grow journals and there nutrients seem to be out-preforming all others. Just do a search for them here on the forum. The company owner is actually a member on here. Seems like a cool guy. im sure he would be more than happy to answer any Q's you may have. :thumb:

Actually you can grow an autoflower without any nutes but more than likely yield will suffer.
With the ones I've tried, if you are going to feed, feed very lightly and especially go real easy on the bloom boosters.

Actually you can grow an autoflower without any nutes but more than likely yield will suffer.
With the ones I've tried, if you are going to feed, feed very lightly and especially go real easy on the bloom boosters.

Agreed completley. Always a good idea to take it very slowly with the nutes. Oh I totally spaced it :rollit: I was gonna mention to start out at 1/4th strength nutrients. thanks gonnagro!!

you should make a journal of your grow, i just started 3 big bud autoflowers a week ago. i'd like to see some pics of your grow along it's way, so i can kinda compare to mine, lol since were both first time growers.

ha funny you mention it ive got a pair of "Auto #1's" they will be 2 weeks old this friday... they sure dont seem to be growing as fast as everyone elses plants lol

ha funny you mention it ive got a pair of "Auto #1's" they will be 2 weeks old this friday... they sure dont seem to be growing as fast as everyone elses plants lol

could you post a pic or 2 of what they look like as of now? i have 3 that are 12 days from seed and i was just wanting to compare, cuz it seems mine aren't growing all that quick either.

Sure thing buddy...I'm going to sleep right now actually lol. Check back in 10 or 12 hrs I'll try and put one up then

any specific soilless medium i should use? thanks for all the help guys i appreciate it , and i will deffinatly take lots of pictures because i also would like to compare grows with other new growers and document the process for future grows, i just need these seeds to get to my door already!:lot-o-toke: theyve been in customs since the 13th

if u grow autos in fox farm ocean Forest with light warrior is that enough nutes for veg or should u add more ? people say it has enough good stuff in it for about a month but im not sure with autos ..

Hi everyone I deceded to make an account here because I had ordered some seeds to start my first grow but needed a little help with the process. Im sorry if this has been asked before but I searched and didnt see anything, so my question to you is do autoflowering strains need different nutes at different times or do they require less maintainence like they require less changes in light? if they need nutes does anyone have good suggestions? also can you suggest a good soil please. thanks for the help.
Before I got in to autos deeply I spoke with a few viable auto breeders and they all say use veg nutes start to finish and give a 2-3 week flush near the end. They also mention do not transplant too much so once you germinate they suggest planting in final pot right away. Hope that made sense lol

Before I got in to autos deeply I spoke with a few viable auto breeders and they all say use veg nutes start to finish and give a 2-3 week flush near the end. They also mention do not transplant too much so once you germinate they suggest planting in final pot right away. Hope that made sense lol

veg nutes till the end? no bloom nutes ?

No bloom nutes :) just veg. that way you don't need to flush midway either and their metabolism keep going hard.

These outdoor autos only get 20-20-20 from start to finish
HS_OD.JPG

90-100 day auto's planted June 1st from seed harvested September 1st.

Back
Top Bottom