AutoFlower Strains, Flowering Time Questions

Tim

I'm new here ladies and gents!! Also new to growing. Very excited to produce my own medicine!!.

I have a 38 day old Blueberry Auto that is 23 inches tall and have not shown any signs of flowering at this point, I'm 4 days away from week 6. I know some people say flowers can start at week 4 some say they can start flowering between 6 and 8. I just want to know if my plant looks to be in good health and should be flowering soon. Can anybody please help me, this is my first grow I'm very excited, at the same time a little nervous. One thing I did do on day 36 was did a defoliation to get light through the plant. Whoever responds please be gentle, I did a pretty heavy defoliation...lol.. first picture is before defoliating on Day 36 the other pics are day 38.

I am using 5 gallon smart pots, under a 1500w Full Spectrum King LED light, temps between 76 to 79 F during light hrs, 64 to 68 F at night. Lights schedule is set at 18 on 6 off. Humidity always between 55 to 65 %.

Attachments

• 20181222_101639.jpg
    20181222_101639.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,231
  • 20181224_223326.jpg
    20181224_223326.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,079
  • 20181226_201335.jpg
    20181226_201335.jpg
    589 KB · Views: 1,105
  • 20181226_201342.jpg
    20181226_201342.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 8,203
  • 20181226_201126.jpg
    20181226_201126.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 987
  • 20181226_201154.jpg
    20181226_201154.jpg
    733.4 KB · Views: 888
I'm new here ladies and gents!! Also new to growing. Very excited to produce my own medicine!!.

I have a 38 day old Blueberry Auto that is 23 inches tall and have not shown any signs of flowering at this point, I'm 4 days away from week 6. I know some people say flowers can start at week 4 some say they can start flowering between 6 and 8. I just want to know if my plant looks to be in good health and should be flowering soon. Can anybody please help me, this is my first grow I'm very excited, at the same time a little nervous. One thing I did do on day 36 was did a defoliation to get light through the plant. Whoever responds please be gentle, I did a pretty heavy defoliation...lol.. first picture is before defoliating on Day 36 the other pics are day 38.

I am using 5 gallon smart pots, under a 1500w Full Spectrum King LED light, temps between 76 to 79 F during light hrs, 64 to 68 F at night. Lights schedule is set at 18 on 6 off. Humidity always between 55 to 65 %.

Yes, she's healthy and it does look like she's starting to flower, or you have LOTS of pre-flowers! :welldone:

Hi Tim, welcome aboard. Looks to me you are flowering. It should start to be more every day now. Cheers.

Yes, she's healthy and it does look like she's starting to flower, or you have LOTS of pre-flowers! :welldone:
Thank you Mr.Krip. I appreciate it brother. I looked this morning and the small leaf's standing up in those pictures on the main cola have started to fall so hopefully she on her way now after the stress from the defoliation!!

She looks just fine, be patient flowers should appear soon. I am at day 47 with white widow and pistils are starting to appear
I appreciate the feedback and yes I will be patient! Lol. Just excited for my first grow and hope she flowers a ton!!

Thank you Mr.Krip. I appreciate it brother. I looked this morning and the small leaf's standing up in those pictures on the main cola have started to fall so hopefully she on her way now after the stress from the defoliation!!

All those white "spikey/hairy things" at the base of the leaf nodes are pistils/flowers forming! ;)

They show well in this pic:

20181226_201342-jpg.1681882

Hi Tim, welcome aboard. Looks to me you are flowering. It should start to be more every day now. Cheers.
Thank stoneotter, I appreciate the welcome! I'm so used to seeing other people pics of the round white hair flower ball at the tops . This is why I was worried. Thanks for the feedback and I will update with pictures when she starts blooming into a beauty!!

All those white "spikey/hairy things" at the base of the leaf nodes are pistils/flowers forming! ;)

They show well in this pic:

20181226_201342-jpg.1681882
Yeah, like I was telling stoneotter. I'm so used to seeing other plants and pics of the pistol flower balls at the tops of the colas is the reason I was worried. I though I fu@#ed her up with the heavy defoliation .

She looks just fine, be patient flowers should appear soon. I am at day 47 with white widow and pistils are starting to appear
Yo Alienpus. Would you be opposed to posting a pic of your 47 day white widow? I would love to see it!! It she an Autoflower as well?

Yeah, like I was telling stoneotter. I'm so used to seeing other plants and pics of the pistol flower balls at the tops of the colas is the reason I was worried. I though I fu@#ed her up with the heavy defoliation .

Best time to defoliate is at around 21 days of flower and a 2nd one around 45 days of flower, if desired.
After the first 21 days, buds are formed and after another 3 weeks, you'll be grown back in from the first defoliation.

Best time to defoliate is at around 21 days of flower and a 2nd one around 45 days of flower, if desired.
After the first 21 days, buds are formed and after another 30, you'll be grown back in from the first defoliation.
Thanks for the advice bud!!

Yup they are autos, my first, nothing fancy but you can check them out in my journal , here is a pic anyway
IMG_3496.JPG
Man I'm so new to this!! Where do I go to see journals?

Ok yall I'm now at week 43 days, (week 6) Still no cotton balls here .. I can say that since I started this thread 5 days ago she grew taller to 28 damn inches (5 inch) growth. So I've been seeing and hearing things about Autos tend to stop growth at 6 weeks. Is this true? How much longer should I give her before "maybe" giving her 12 hrs darkness.. I know autoflowers are supposed to flower on their own regardless of light cycle but I hear the 12-hour thing can possibly jump start flowering. I don't fucking know. Another question I have is once it starts flowering is that when the main Cola and all the other colas start growing taller and producing the small sugar leaves?

Please help!! Advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• 20181231_190440.jpg
    20181231_190440.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 396
  • 20181231_190537.jpg
    20181231_190537.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 380
  • 20181231_190248.jpg
    20181231_190248.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 374
  • 20181231_190301.jpg
    20181231_190301.jpg
    725.1 KB · Views: 509
  • 20181231_190237.jpg
    20181231_190237.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 394
Ok yall I'm now at week 43 days, (week 6) Still no cotton balls here .. I can say that since I started this thread 5 days ago she grew taller to 28 damn inches (5 inch) growth. So I've been seeing and hearing things about Autos tend to stop growth at 6 weeks. Is this true? How much longer should I give her before "maybe" giving her 12 hrs darkness.. I know autoflowers are supposed to flower on their own regardless of light cycle but I hear the 12-hour thing can possibly jump start flowering. I don't fucking know. Another question I have is once it starts flowering is that when the main Cola and all the other colas start growing taller and producing the small sugar leaves?

Please help!! Advice would be much appreciated

They're doing great, Brother! :goodjob:

Just keep doing what you're doing. They're in flower now. At 43 days, it likely only something like 2 weeks of flower. You'll get your cotton balls in another couple of weeks. ;)

That growth spurt is part of what's called "the stretch" which happens the first few weeks in flower. The plant can double, or even triple, in size during this few week period.

They're doing great, Brother! :goodjob:

Just keep doing what you're doing. They're in flower now. At 43 days, it likely only something like 2 weeks of flower. You'll get your cotton balls in another couple of weeks. ;)

That growth spurt is part of what's called "the stretch" which happens the first few weeks in flower. The plant can double, or even triple, in size during this few week period.
Even on auto's? I know there is the growth spurt for photo plants. I just hope I didnt screw up with the defoliation and end up with smaller yields

Even on auto's? I know there is the growth spurt for photo plants. I just hope I didnt screw up with the defoliation and end up with smaller yields

Well, not all auto's have the same finishing times and some can take quite long (longer than some photos!). However, you obviously have auto's because they're definitely in flower and you haven't dropped the light schedule. The plants are all healthy and good size for autos, so your yield should be good.

The only REAL problem is that nature is taking longer than you expected and it's making you nervous! :rofl:

I totally understand this, especially since it's your first grow. I've been around for a while, and, if I were you, I wouldn't start stressing unless/until you start seeing signs of stress in the plants. In the mean time, you'll see them continue to develop and pack on weight.

That being said, please feel free to get additional input from some other growers. I'll keep monitoring in case you have additional questions.

Happy New Year! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom