AutoFlower Test Grow

Bobzilla

When i awoke this morning, to my delight, i found all of my seeds from Worldwide Marijuana Seeds had successfully germinated.
I planted them in a mix of:
Fox Farms Ocean Forest
Happy Frog
Perlite
Worm Castings
a dash of Dolomite Lime and Kelp Meal

The strains I will be growing are:
AutoMazar from Dutch Passion
Vertigo from Paradise
Auto Big Bang from Green House, which was free with my order.

I plan to be growing them under a 400w HPS in a 3x3 tent that is on its way to my doorstep as we speak. In the meantime they will be hanging out in my 4x4 tent with my veging plants and a 600w HPS. The lights are on a 20/4 cycle, and will be for the remainder of the plants life cycle.

This is my first go at auto flowering strains. I started this journal because i don't know much about them and will have some questions as time goes by. All of your input and comments are welcome and appreciated.

They're not very exciting yet... but here they are.

100_03025.jpg

And here's my dog Harvey being awesome, as usual.
100_03015a.jpg

Thanks for the kind words HempRocket. My dog and plants appreciate it.

The tent didn't work out, so a friend of mine bought it. I whipped up this 3x3x5 cab instead. I think it will work out well. It's equipped with the 400w HPS i was planning on putting in the tent, as well as 12 26w CFL's as side lighting.

100_03091.jpg
100_03101.jpg

Still haven't seen any of the seeds sprout up. Hope they do soon.

I am glad to see your work Bobzilla on Auto's... :goodluck:
Do you think the box will heat up a little when the plant get bigger...?

MV...;)

I expect it to because I have a fairly small exhaust fan in there at the moment. It's still pretty cold in my neck of the woods, so i probably don't have much to worry about right this second. I may install my larger exhaust fan in a month or so.

My expectations of Autoflowering plants is that they don't get very large at all. If this turns out to be the case I don't plan on changing much. That is, until i save up that thousand dollars for a mini split AC....

Five of the six seeds have successfully sprouted. One of the Mazars decided not to grow. I'll try to post some pics tonight or tomorrow. Been super busy with work and getting ready for a trip to Mexico on friday.

Looks good, but im just a novice. I too ordered from there and got the vertigo and the auto big bang for a freebee. count me in on watching this grow. I plan on starting my auto indoor and moving to the outdoors, right now i have 3 plants in seedling stage.

Day 33 (I think) from seed:

Things are coming along quite nicely with the autos. Their growth rate seems to have picked up a bit. Both Mazars and both Vertigos have begun to flower. The big bang has shown no signs.

These plants are very interesting. Not knowing what to expect has added an extra layer of fun to this grow.

A few pics:

The crew:
100_04833.jpg

Vertigo:
Untitled-153.jpg

Mazar:
Untitled-222.jpg

I picked up some Bio Flores from Canna for this group.
100_04852.jpg

I started feeding it to my non-auto plants, they are a few days into flower, and they absolutely love it. I plan on getting the two additives
in Canna's "bio" line to supplement. I use only RO water. Does anybody know if i need to use CalMag with this line of nutes?

Day 36 from seed:

Not too much to report but I figured I'd share some new pics anyway.

One of the vertigos. These ladies are the happiest of the bunch. Although it's hard to tell from the pictures, they are growing considerably faster that the rest.
100_04931.jpg

Here's one of the mazars. They are both doing well.
100_04941.jpg

And the big bang. She has still not shown any signs of flowering. This is very odd. The other four plants are way further along than this one. It's still looking good though.
100_04922.jpg

Here's a quick shot of my other space. They got a little too big while i was away. I'm hoping they don't stretch much more...
100_04984.jpg

Back
Top Bottom