Autoflower too big

drgreen628

if the autoflower gets to big for grow area is it OK to cut the top shute during first week of flowering? I have 6 and the 1 guy is massive and is almost invasive to other guys there. I just don't him to surpass the lights if that can happen.

Fanleaf is correct. Autos have only one chance to flower, and if you top them, they lose that chance. Wait till the plant is slightly wilted between waterings, then tie down the branch(s) that are too tall. This will not only preserve the growing tip, but you may get some auxiliary growth and buds.

Autos love to be topped but not in flower.i say bend her over or supercrop her will work and if the plant is strong and healthy wont affect her 1 bit;)

sorry I'm new to this first time hydro. when you say bend it over and tie it down just bend it and tie down to the main stem or does it not matter just as long as it is out of the way

Image_0395.jpg

Something like this... you bend lightly.....

Yep. Bend lightly though. More and more over several days. In veg you can just bend all the at once but in flower the stems hardencand become more brittle. If a stem does break but there is anything at all still attaching it to the other part don't cut it off but instead secure it in place it will recover.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

the problem with bending this one though is that it is already double the size of the other 5 in the small stealth box and the stems are huge as fuck I never had stems outdoor as thick as this one here bending I think out of question I'll try and rig something up. thanks for the solid advice as I will try those techniques next time

the problem with bending this one though is that it is already double the size of the other 5 in the small stealth box and the stems are huge as fuck I never had stems outdoor as thick as this one here bending I think out of question I'll try and rig something up. thanks for the solid advice as I will try those techniques next time

Bending may be out then so supercrop it. Pinch and squeeze in the spot you need to bend. Pinch and squeeze until it's lost it's rigidity. Fold it over and tie it up in place. Surely you can do that.

Defiantly SUPERCROP her!!! If done right it won't slow her down much if any at all!!! Pinch the stem between your fingers till you feel the fibers get a little mushy(real technical) and then bend it over!!! It will stay for a couple days if you don't tie it down after supercropping but IT WILL grow back towards the light! Can you tell which one got the Supercrop job?
8-13-16_Blueberry_sisters.jpg

Here she is as of today! Didn't slow her down much if any!!
9-4-16_inside_group.jpg

Good luck!!
OG79

Back
Top Bottom