Autoflower Topping

yyc420

I pose this question to anyone that may have an informed opinion.

Some do and some don't top, try or don't try, experiment and see what happens...I get that.
What I've been thinking a lot about is, does it not (seem) to make sound sense that it would be somewhat less risky if a person was to try topping a sativa dominant strain, like Amnesia Haze? My thinking here is, sativas grow taller and lankier as opposed to the indica chubbies.

I'm wondering if anyone has had this same thought or if they know of any research done on it.

I know this is a "contentious" issue. Anyone who want to weigh in, the opinions would be more than appreciated.

:Namaste::green_heart::allgood:

I pose this question to anyone that may have an informed opinion.

Some do and some don't top, try or don't try, experiment and see what happens...I get that.
What I've been thinking a lot about is, does it not (seem) to make sound sense that it would be somewhat less risky if a person was to try topping a sativa dominant strain, like Amnesia Haze? My thinking here is, sativas grow taller and lankier as opposed to the indica chubbies.

I'm wondering if anyone has had this same thought or if they know of any research done on it.

I know this is a "contentious" issue. Anyone who want to weigh in, the opinions would be more than appreciated.

:Namaste::green_heart::allgood:
I'm about to top my first ever plant top. In this case nyc diesel from Cks. Day 21 Saturday. Right now ot is starting a fourth node. So I'll top that shortly.

Topping and F.I.Ming your Cannabis plants - YouTube how to top and Lst.

my journal
Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow

Really looking forward to seeing this .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Not the greatest camera sadly s4 mini. But mega zoom. Pro . Not a very good photographer. But here they are candy cane and nyc d first time topped seemed to have bounced back good lst light tomorrow. Definitely see how they let more light in main stem. Cheers

420-magazine-mobile2041198042.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2109240712.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1597472979.jpg
420-magazine-mobile969805676.jpg
420-magazine-mobile151410682.jpg
420-magazine-mobile368917049.jpg
. . . . .

my journal

Not the greatest camera sadly s4 mini. But mega zoom. Pro . Not a very good photographer. But here they are candy cane and nyc d first time topped seemed to have bounced back good lst light tomorrow. Definitely see how they let more light in main stem. Cheers

420-magazine-mobile2041198042.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2109240712.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1597472979.jpg
420-magazine-mobile969805676.jpg
420-magazine-mobile151410682.jpg
420-magazine-mobile368917049.jpg
. . . . .

my journal

Looking great.

Autos have come so far, and I've done all my homework. Experience like you're showing here says a lot about the value of autoflowers.
Too many people crap on them w/o seeing things like this.

I am beyond excited to try topping w/LST Auto Pounder in a few months.

Looking great.

Autos have come so far, and I've done all my homework. Experience like you're showing here says a lot about the value of autoflowers.
Too many people crap on them w/o seeing things like this.

I am beyond excited to try topping w/LST Auto Pounder in a few months.
I'll be there for anything I can help with . Even just support. Let's grow some monsters. Lol. Fingers crossed with 6 plants if all get passed seedling phase then I hope to take in 1-2 ounce dry per plant . But this is a first true grow. Think I understand watering. My question is when a day one to day 14 should I be soaking enough water to see water in tray is that run off? The other say I flushed a 3 gallon ish 10 litre pot and my 8 inch saucer held water around it like it was going to Overflow. But next day pan Bone dry. I'd that how I should be watering then leave to I am Confident enough. Feel like my route system is stunted on a few or am I paranoid.

my journal

I'll be there for anything I can help with . Even just support. Let's grow some monsters. Lol. Fingers crossed with 6 plants if all get passed seedling phase then I hope to take in 1-2 ounce dry per plant . But this is a first true grow. Think I understand watering. My question is when a day one to day 14 should I be soaking enough water to see water in tray is that run off? The other say I flushed a 3 gallon ish 10 litre pot and my 8 inch saucer held water around it like it was going to Overflow. But next day pan Bone dry. I'd that how I should be watering then leave to I am Confident enough. Feel like my route system is stunted on a few or am I paranoid.

my journal

I'm sure with topping and LST you'll average more than that?
I'm hoping someone else reads and weighs in on this also. Truth be told I've only ever grown DWC...I like being able to see the roots. Too much or too little water is never an issue in my world. :sorry:

I'm sure with topping and LST you'll average more than that?
I'm hoping someone else reads and weighs in on this also. Truth be told I've only ever grown DWC...I like being able to see the roots. Too much or too little water is never an issue in my world. :sorry:
All good .. I am thinking about looking into other options. There just are so many fantastic ideas and ways to grow now it's overwhelming at times.

If you can grow a photo you should be a pro at autos. Just don't give any nutes to week 4. They usually have enough nutes in premix soil to get it through I still add my root secret stuff. And a tad bit on week two three of cali mag. Introducing it is recommended I read. By week 4 quarter doses. I ha e in my journal a picture I believe of Mt feed schedule fir autos. Flora series.

my journal

All good .. I am thinking about looking into other options. There just are so many fantastic ideas and ways to grow now it's overwhelming at times.

If you can grow a photo you should be a pro at autos. Just don't give any nutes to week 4. They usually have enough nutes in premix soil to get it through I still add my root secret stuff. And a tad bit on week two three of cali mag. Introducing it is recommended I read. By week 4 quarter doses. I ha e in my journal a picture I believe of Mt feed schedule fir autos. Flora series.

my journal

Gonna germ/sprout in rockwool so they can be placed in the net pot for DWC after... since they don't like to be transplanted I hear. Maybe 1/8 nutes in the 2nd or 3rd week in that case I'm thinking? I've read/heard how sensitive they can be to nutes the first few weeks.

Gonna germ/sprout in rockwool so they can be placed in the net pot for DWC after... since they don't like to be transplanted I hear. Maybe 1/8 nutes in the 2nd or 3rd week in that case I'm thinking? I've read/heard how sensitive they can be to nutes the first few weeks.
Yes that info is correct I can say with confidence. They are super sensitive to nutes however i have nt got a chance to know if all autos or certain autos are easier to take nutes on. Guess time will tell. I can't say to confirm 1/8 on 2nd third weeks would even be needed. I'll ask someone for you PENNYWISE help needed!! Lol

my journal

I topped all 3 of my autos on my last run and will top both I have going now.. You can even top them down from say the 5th node to the 3rd node and plant the top and get a nice nugget out of that since they both will be on the same life cycle/timeline. ....

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

I topped all 3 of my autos on my last run and will top both I have going now.. You can even top them down from say the 5th node to the 3rd node and plant the top and get a nice nugget out of that since they both will be on the same life cycle/timeline. ....

I love hearing experienced success stories like this. It's inspiring and also goes to show that autos can be real contenders if you're looking for both strength and yield.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ima try planting that sucker next time. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom