Autoflowering Acupulco Gold

******Bonehead Alert******

*********I just realized which plant this was. This is my first, it is actually growing in straight Vigoro Triple mix, with the Blood and Bone meal sown in after. All my others are in Pro Mix HP, just not the first one*********

Far from advanced, just a beginner with a leg up.

This one was started for its first few weeks under a "100 w" LED bulb I bought online. It is very bright, and great for seedlings. Certainly had it, and a tomato plant, doing just fine for the time being (about one and a half weeks total). Bought a much better light, but still an under powered one, and ran with it. This is the end result, and I am more than happy with how it is going so far.

By the sounds of it, you are setup better than I was.

Had the cheap light hanging under a small metal framed greenhouse, without the plastic cover. It was just sitting in the corner of my bedroom, had the timer set to go off just before my alarm for work. Prefer that over a normal alarm any day. The tomato plant was two weeks older, so I had Jorge on top of my toolbox to be roughly the same height. Once the new light arrived in the afternoon, I immediately set it up. Ordered my tent two weeks later, but for some reason waited another two weeks before setting it up.

My two other Acupulco Golds are a combination of Blood and Bone meal in one, and outside sourced nutrients for the other. Blood and Bone meal is winning me over so far, love the ability to just water it. Doesn't even have to be me, could be anyone. This was a budget grow, and I only had enough money for those two amendments right then. Keep upgrading my setup every two weeks. Will be making better soil in the future, but until then, its Pro Mix.

last night, right after I tied them down.
DSCN6227.JPGDSCN6228.JPGDSCN6230.JPGDSCN6231.JPG
DSCN6233.JPG

And then again this morning
DSCN6242.JPGDSCN6243.JPG

Here is a side view of one of them, you can really tell it had made the turn upwards
DSCN6244.JPG

***Not just bending, tie the branches down so they stay in place***
****You do not necessarily need to go the full 90 degrees, just enough until the canopy is evened out. Meaning, you do not see one stem much higher than the other, they are about the same height.****

I waited too long, so mine needed slightly more than 90 degrees, but just barely. Very much doubt it had any negative affect, as it bounced back over night.

I used what I had, until today when I found out I have some proper plant wire.

I already had some pipe cleaners around, so I took my lighter to the fuzz and melted it down. I just didn't want any loose fiberes in any bud.

Drilled holes in the side, then just pushed the wire through, formed a hook, then placed it around the stem. Then fastened it down by crimping it

Thanks Brutha (I'm from Boston )
When the tinge Comes ill take some pics
And see what ya think. Basically what ever it takes to make conopy all the same height regardless of what i use right? I would imagine i wouldnt want anything too tight astound stems though correct?

I have no idea what SCROG is but ill look it up hahaha. Newbie! Anyway a little about my set up
2×2×4 tent...5 gallon pot filled three qurters of FFOF and the rest perlite.
1000 watt LED. (not sure actual wattage it says it only pulls 120 from wall)
With 2 plants!

Other question is can i put 2 plants in the same pot or seperate? I have them seperate now but just wondering

I have thought about two in one larger bucket myself, perhaps that is something I will try out sometime for myself. Cannot wait to see how yours go.

The light I currently have is listed as 108 actual watts, while the new one will be 252. I am wondering if the low power of the light helped keep these so short. We will find out soon enough, Friday is not far off now.

Greetings, long time reader, first time contributor. While these are my first plants I have been growing of this type, I do have a background in horticulture, so its not that difficult for me to pick up on.

My first seeds (one Acupulco Gold AF and one Snow White AF) were started back in late November, both had sprouted good sized roots before planting, but only the Acupulco Gold had emerged from below. I tried sprouting some more Snow White seeds, but they do not seem to want to germinate. So far every Acupulco seed I tried, has germinated. I lost two sprouts to human error, and have two seedlings starting their second set of true leaves. The first plant is now exactly 3 weeks old, and he is very small. I know I had stunted it by starting it in a peat pellet, rather than my current method of right in the pro mix. I am not worried though, he flourished under the new light. First light was a single 100w led grow light I gor off amazon, it worked great for a small area. My new Phlizon 600w LED light is amazing, all plants, including my tomato, love the amount of light it produces. Grow space is a 2ftx4ftx5ft Vivisun grow tent. 2 gallon Home Depot buckets are being used for the pots.

First plant is in Vigoro Triple Mix with some blood and bone meal at surface level. Seedlings are in Pro Mix Mycorrhizae HP, one with pre mixed bone and blood meal, and the other will be getting some Root Farm Base+All Purp, and then some Bloom. I purposely want to try several methods to see which is best and easiest.

December 10th
DSCN5104.JPG
December 20th
DSCN5467.JPG
and the last two were this morning on December 22nd
DSCN5488.JPG
DSCN5492.JPG

Still have over a month to go before its time to harvest, but I will certainly be keeping up with the daily growth, and pictures will certainly follow.
New 420 Guy Seeds
Looks great keep in mind that autos love to swim around a bit in the soil before she starts to show up top

Back
Top Bottom