Autoflowers in hempy buckets?

bertie40

hows things lads,
first off kudos to everyone that posts here,have gotten priceless info so far.
im starting a new grow with 15 auto flowering fems.5=ak47(auto),5=white russian(autos)and 5=hymalaya blue diesel(autos).
i like the hempy bucket method,have 4 ladies doin their ting in the flowering room at the mo,and look really good and healthy,and want to know has anyone tried autos in hempy buckets before???
il b using biobizz nutes as i already have the complete set.il b usin the paper towel method to germinate and once popped il plant in 3 inch pots of miraclegro potting mix with perlite and vermiculite.
wen rootbound il transplant into 2gal buckets wit a half inch hole drilled 2 inchs up from bottom.the grow medium then will be 3parts perlite and 1part vermiculite plus the small bit of potting compost from the 3 inch pot.
the lighting will be 400wts hps from start to finish.(will that be ok???)
has anyone used this method before? or close to it?this is my second grow op.first usin this method from start to finish.id be very grateful if someone more experienced would look at my plan and let meno if itll work or any other tips that would benefit my op.cheers lads :thanks:

If the strains were similar to a Taiga for example, where one main cola is present and little branching is involved it could be possible to squeeze them into a space small enough to get adequate light coverage for your girls. There are some examples here of SOG, which is similar to single cola autoflowers, where small diameter containers were used succesfully in tight spaces. The Himalaya looks possible but the AK and WR seem to branch out a lot still, and I think you might have space/light issues when they explode into flowering.
As far as using hempy pots for autoflowering...Very good question, in theory there should be no problem, at least none I can think of.
If the budget doesn't allow for an immediate purchase of a new light if needed, you may want to consider a smaller grow of all 3 varieties. And then, if the autoflowers don't respond well to hempys either, you will have not wasted all your seeds in one shot. Wish I could give you a yes or no answer, but that's the best I can do.

Back
Top Bottom