Autoflowers: please help!

Dr Pepper

I have 3x autoflowers that i have germinated and sprouted. They are as followed: 1x AUTO AK47, 1x AUTO Critical and 1x Kannibia special.

CONDITIONS
*125w CFL veg light
*400w HPS flowering light
*Humidity and temperature are all under control (fan, extractor)
*PH stabilizers
*Space and height is not an issue (have plenty)
*Timer set at 24/0 (24h light 0h darkness) for sprouting period then switch to 18/6 for ENTIRE duration throughout veg and flowering period.

Just a quick post for gathering all your handy info, hints and tips ... THE MORE THE MERRIER!

Basically just I'd just like to know of some nutrients to use (brands and dosage) and if anyone has grown any of the above strands? If so please throw me ALL the knowledge you have gained, good and bad, as this is only my 2nd attempt at AUTO flowers. (1st attempt was actually pretty good but I had trouble with some slight stretching during veg stage and that I ran out of nutrients and wasn't able to get more in time LOL. I know I know, slap my wrists for being a bad father to my babies!).

Also is low stress training applicable to AUTO flowers/lowryders? ... If so how and when would you go about doing it ? ... I've only ever had to top a few of my previous (normal) plants and don't really know a whole big deal about any stress related training ... (I'm kinda thinking not to as they have very short veg periods and are usually easy to control).

I know about light cycles and all the boring stuff (the 3 strands above have very similar veg periods), I just like to see what all my fellow growers/smokers have to say on the topic.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read my post!

Thanks to 420 for making this possible!

Much appreciated,
Keep calm and stay high !

Yours,
Dr. Pepper :love:

50/50 light warrior and ocean forest they need almost no nutes.

They are so easy to grow. I use light general organics and tap water and always get 2 oz per plant and up to 5oz.
I use a 1000W HPS.

Dont over think autos. Think easy.

Hey my friend welcome to 420 and happy growing to you!

Your set up sounds good, haven't got experience of your strains, so sorry cant help there. You can use the slightest bit of LST on them but only really to spread out the plant a little for even light penetration. Nutes are a personal thing do you want to go organic etc?

Thanks for your comment sir Light Addict, much appreciated ...

What would I go about using to tie them down so it doesn't hurt/damage them? I'm thinking along the lines of wool or maybe some soft pipe cleaners? Also the lights I'll be using have more of a 'spread' aswell as 'intensity' so I'll let them veg, wait a week into blooming and see how they go but I've taken in everything you've said!

About the nutrients, I'm not bothered about using organics etc ... I just want a really nice, trustworthy veg and bloom supplement that I can rely on and continue on using in the future. I've found the list of nutrients on here and would love to hear peoples recommendations.

Thanks again Light Addict

Dr. Pepper

They are so easy to grow. I use light general organics and tap water and always get 2 oz per plant and up to 5oz.
I use a 1000W HPS.

Hi Hank and thanks for your comment.

I have always used tap water on all of my babies and have never had one problem. Though I keep the water stored in open bottles in the same room/tent (or whatever people use nowadays), because they prefer water of the same temperature as the conditions they are being grown in, eg, 26 degrees (give or take).

1000w HPS is slightly too much for me but I've used a 600w HPS for previous crops and they seemed to absolutely love it! But this 400w I have now has a rather large spread capability aswell as high penetration so again with the LST maybe I wont have to?

Thanks for recommending me some nutrients, I'll have a look at them when i get some free time. Any websites that ship nutrients to the UK?

Many thanks,

Dr. Pepper

Ok I have some great news ! ... All seeds have sprouted and are doing very well ! ... I'll start a journal as soon as possible and upload some pictures daily/weekly and share my progress with you all ...

Thanks for everyones support.

Dr. Pepper :love:

Ahh your a UK grower like myself. I use Plagron nutes, simple to use not that expensive and good results. 1st hydro carry them on the web. If you check my first page of my Tutt journal, (in sig below) shows what I use from them.

Haha I am indeed my fellow 420! ... Yeh I've used plagron to recover a few of my babies before but never thought to try their nutrients. I've been following you and reading most of your posts they are great and very helpful! ... Thanks for taking the time to help me dude!

I'm currently reading and looking at your tutankharmon and how you're LST'ing it ... Any hints and tips you can throw me about LST? ... Never done it before so anything would help! :)

Thanks again,

Dr. Pepper

subd, its good to see some growes form this part of the world, theirs a few of us lurking about,

for lst i use pipe cleaners, you can uy them off the rainforest site for next to nothing and you get a bag full, what i then do is poke holes all the way around the tops of the pots and poke the pipe cleaners through then twist them around the branch i want to pull down,

if your growing autos i wouldnt do anything to them as it will stunt growth and produce smaller yields, some minor lst will work but i only do this to make sure the whole plant is getting light, but i wouldnt use hst,scrog, topping or fim on an auto as the lost growth will badly affect the yields,

OZ is here :). Think I'll pull up a chair and enjoy the ride :high-five: Let the show begin and good luck my friend :thumb:

ok, what you do is have 2 tabs open again, one on your pics, make sure the pics are big on the screen and not small little icons,

then right click on the pic and choose copy location.
or right click and choose properties and then it gives you the url of the pic,

then come back to the tab your journal is on and above the box you type in you use the icons, the one you want is the 4th from the end, click on that and a small box opens, then copy n paste the location of the pic into that small box, then it will enter the pic in code until you click post reply, then it should show your pics.

so get pics up on 1 tab, right click on it and choose copy location, or choose properties then highlight and copy the url.
come back to journal, use icons above box and click on 4th from the end that looks like a pic, then copy the link into that small box and hit ok, you wont see the pic until you have finished writing what you want and then when you click on post quick reply you should see your pics

I use a 1000W HPS.

What size pots do you use for autos?

What size pots do you use for autos?
Good morning @Nellie Hope your having a fine day.
That member has been gone since 2016 and probably won't answer.
Date is in the top left corner.
There are a few members currently growing autos who would be more than happy to answer questions.
Here is a good one.
Try a newer journal for better feed back. :thumb:
Good luck with your autos my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom