Autoflowers - White Widow & NL x AK

Narg0th

Hey guys and gals, here we have a fem auto White Widow from Dinafem, and a fem auto Northern Lights x AK47 from G13 Labs.

Both were planted into soil as germinated seeds on 23 Dec, and sprouted the next evening, Dec 24.
The NLxAK showed her first pistils 4 days ago, 18 Jan, but the WW is still happily in veg, and she is a MONSTER.
Thank god because i need a decent harvest after my last grow lol.

They have been under a 20/4 light regime with 200w of CFLs in a small cupboard, but the i moved the NLxAK in with some of my other flowering plants in another cupboard with a 400w HPS, at 12/12, just to see the difference this would make to flowering. I like experimenting :).

I am using "Growrite" and "Budrite" 2 part ferts, once a fortnight.

Sorry if i have missed any vital info, here are some pics.

Any tips/hints/criticism is welcome :)

White Widow on the left, NLxAK on the right. I have taken off the NLxAKs fan leaves, but before i did this they were of a very similar size.
CAM00142.jpg

An upskirt shot of the Widow
CAM00146.jpg

And here is the NLxAK
CAM00145.jpg

Peace all :D

Re: Autoflowers; White Widow & NLxAK

Here are some more pics, taken today.

The NLxAK has been put under a 400w HPS, and the WW is still under CFLs.
WW got its first pistils today.

Northern Lights x AK47
auto_NLxAK.JPG

White Widow
auto_ww.JPG

The NLxAK unfortunately had to be pulled early, i had to shut down one of my cupboards.. It was a tiny yield, about 5g but i know i fucked it up by using far too small of a pot. Was completely rootbound when i pulled it, at only 6 weeks. I have another seed im keen to try again when i can, im sure it can do better.

The WW is still in, but again, it is in far too small a pot and has pretty much stopped in its tracks with half formed buds lol, but due to how much i have it tied down, swapping pots at this stage would be damn near impossible. Only expecting 7-10g off her.
Will put up a pic of the WW before she comes down/

So all in all, a very disappointing grow, but some valuable experience gained.

Those pots don't look so small, what was the volume?
About the transplanting -> completely agree, it is a pain in the ... to transplant heavily LST'd plant and the transplanting would hurt the plant a little, so I would also let it grow in the same medium!
I wish you good luck for the next grow !

One more question about the lights, how close was the HPS? they look slightly stretched (I don't want to offend you, just want the information :Namaste: )

Haha no offense taken, they definitely were stretched. The light was about 40-50cm above the plants, i was having heat problems, and this allowed more air circulation in there.

I have a Cream Caramel just starting to flower, pretty excited to see if she does any better.

If you talk with expert auto growers that have been growing them for many years, they say not to stress the plant at all. No lst, no topping, etc. Stress lowers yeild in autos big time. Just let them do their thang naturally. You can tuck leaves, though to expose buds. You can take a leave or two off here and there.

Some strains handle lst okay, though.

Oh I have never heard that, thanks heaps man :) my cream caramel did a lot better, not as much pruning but I did still have to let a bit due to space restrictions

That is completely right, autoflowers don't cope well with stress, because they have a limited flowering period and if something disturbs it then obviously those flowers will be smaller. for the LST, I think a well executed training can increase yield, not decrease for autoflowers also!

Thanks for all coming aboard guys, love the amount of support on here.

I have had to get rid of my hps for now, all of my growing will be done with cfls for the immediate future... :( ill see what I can do.
No autos growing atm, just an regular LSD that is a couple of weeks into dflower now. Smells scrumptious.

How do we give out these rep points? I have wanted to a couple of times now. Cheers :)

Sorry guys, the Cream Caramel is already down, but another seed is germinating as we speak, ill put up pics from the last one though, hopefully to show the improvement with the next girl.

Everyone is so open and friendly on this site, I have been on some others and they are full of wankers. They obviously don't smoke as much as we do :) you guys are tops

Sorry guys, the Cream Caramel is already down, but another seed is germinating as we speak, ill put up pics from the last one though, hopefully to show the improvement with the next girl.

Everyone is so open and friendly on this site, I have been on some others and they are full of wankers. They obviously don't smoke as much as we do :) you guys are tops

Sounds good!

Just to jump in about transplanting. If you are planning on tying the plants down, pot them up into their final pots before hand, make sure it's big enough, and don't worry about transplanting.

Here are some pics of the White Widow auto the day i cut her down, early i know, but she just didnt seem to grow at all for about 10 days, there was no change, and was completely rootbound when i pulled her.

WW_Auto.JPG

WW_Auto_before_harvest.JPG

Also here are some pics of another auto i have grown since, 'Cream Caramel' by Delicous Seeds. It went better than the WW, but i have a lot of learning to do yet about autoflowers, have yet to grow one close close to delicious. Yet.. :)

Cream_Caramel5.JPG

Cream_Caramel_Crown_2.JPG

If you can, you should try a bubble bucket grow, 5 gal. My dwc ww auto is twice as large, at least twice as my same strain ww auto in hempy style grow.

I am totally sold that dwc with good air and stones, using lucas formula or 6mL micro 9mL bloom kicks the ass out of anything else I've tried, coco, coco perlite, hempy perlite, soil.

I would love to bro, but my living situation doesnt really allow for it. Im trying to be a bit stealthy, and that will just get harder with the added noise of pumps etc..

One day :)

Back
Top Bottom