Automatic home irrigation with washing machine pump and Dutch buckets

xaomoreno

Hello friends of 420MGZ, .... I saw myself in the need to manage to water my garden when I leave home for days.
One day replacing the pump of the washing machine, it occurred to me to use that large flow of water to water my plants and ... EUREKA !! I found the solution to my problem and to this day it is working without stopping hahaha ...

The materials are very easy to find in hardware stores and fitting stores:

5 and 4.5 gallon plastic buckets
New or used washing machine water pump
Drain hose for washing machines 2,5 mts.
PVC fitting: Hi 25 x 3/4 elbow, 40 x 25 reduction bushing, 25 x 3/4 pond outlet, 25 mm PVC pipe.
Plastic bottle with lid (remedy type)
Drip irrigation connectors for microtube
Microtube
Box outlet or 16mm cable pass (orange tubes)
Electric cable 2 x 20 AWG
Male plug steering wheel 10 amperes
Pear switch (optional)
Silicone

I hope it serves you as much as it has served me during these 2 years of use and that it will last much longer.

Very easy to assemble, threaded parts must be insulated. The buckets should be placed aligned to the ears of the handles and drill the pond outlet the buckets together.

We present first the armed system and we mark ... to have access to the stopcock and the hose, we must open it with a custom-made glass saw.

To place the assembly, it must be laid along the floor or on the table or someone who helps and thus hold the nuts firmly.

Now the flow system with microtubes, a plastic bottle with lid, electrical box outlet, silicone and ready

System in use ... video YouTube

Automatic control plus timer

Materials and construction

Materials and construction

Extension

No gas or the shower is bad?

This system has enough strength to raise the water and emulate a shower, to save the situation is very good.
Fill always with the stopcock closed, the cold water first and then the hot one and go warm.
Place the switch inside a bag and leave it by hand with caution.

Thank you for posting a DIY thread explaining how you created this! I can see that you are a very creative and ingenious person.

Hello TorturedSoul, thank you very much for your words and good vibes. I've been very restless with the mechanics of things since I was a kid, here's the result. I hope you try to do it because it really works and is powerful.

Again, thank you very much for the visits.

Health over there TorturedSoul ...

xaomoreno This is a nice idea well done man. I'll be looking into this for my next grow. I see you have a timer on it. I assume i can use a bigger bottle to distribute the water to other bottles. I mean this can be modified to really send water to many plant if your water bottle is big enough. And when swith is on with timer you feed the plants then goes off a minute later.
Interesting so in the video you can time how long it took to water example 10 plant set timer on it goes and then turn off
That's cool man:goodjob:

Hello K. puff&stuff sorry to late... thanks for moving on to see ... the container can be bigger as long as it has good support, the principle would be the same. I have 12 individuals to water in pots of 3 liters, so 1 minute fits me very well. The container I left full and when returning home is half full, that tells me that I can leave 2 waterings, good point in favor. I can think of a large container with two or more pumps ... I am monitoring the quantities of water per plant, soon the results. There is a lot to investigate with flow rates, pressures, length of microtube hoses, number of droppers in the tips of irrigation ... I hope it has served you.

xaomoreno you came up with a good idea. you can really improve on this plan I'm going to look into this for sure for my next grow thanks for posting your idea fantastic imagination man keep them coming

Hi folks ... thank you K.puff&stuff ...

The photos of the autonomous irrigation system with microtube

I cut a section from the distributor, I add a couplet, the next section the microtube with the water outlet holes to which I put a drop of silicone on the tip. The union with the copla is for when the micro tube is twisted by the position of the plant, it can be rotated ... you will see when they do that it is very important.
The wire occurred to me a turn on the side of the silicone, a turn around the copla, straighten the wire that is left over and we use it to bury it and thus hold the irrigation ring ... let's see

And the result is the best homemade automatic irrigation, made in Chile

Considering that they are the cheapest water pumps for washing machines on the market, the power is more than enough.

Thank you all for your visits, I hope I will help you in those moments of despair ...

Man thats just all good xaomoreno I know who to ask for help when I get mine started nice pictures as well as good instructions

Hello friends, thank you for your comments and your visits ...

Autumn Winter Australis season and the system works perfect. I miss several days and without this system i would not have these results ... I have really put all my trust in these jars with motor and they have not let me down, when I arrive everything is working and a healthy green color.

Autumn Winter Australis Season

Regards

Back
Top Bottom