Autopot flushing

Hrenklin

So this isnt a run plain ph water through the resevoir question. I'm more curious about if you mess up, get nute lock and need to fix your plant.

Flushing a regular grow is a top down flush. With auto pots, pouring water from the top down in late stage veg pushes the salt build up down towards the roots and causes a lock out.

My question is, would it be more logical to do a dunk, where you dunk your autopot into a basin of water to push the salt to the top?

I am auto pot curious.
I like the idea but I really want to make the leap into dwc.
Im going to share my thoughts and opinions for what theyre worth Im not an expert.
Far as flush goes the salt will not go to the top and be flushed out. If your plants well rooted the pot is full of roots top to bottom theres no such thing as flushing the salt down into the roots the salt will be where the roots have used what they need from the nutrient solution and salts left behind to slowly buildup and concentrate. Ideally you would do a proper flush 3 times your soil volume of ph adjusted water with a 1/2 nutrient dose would be my choice. Honestly I water to waste weekly or biweekly and dont have issues so I never have needed to do a huge flush.
I could see needing to do a proper flush atleast monthly with auto pots many factors to consider ie nute brand, plant size, soil comp ect.
Let them dry out and set it up so you can water from the top down to waste and flush the soil once its naturally drained reset the auto pot water it as normal and as the plant uses up the moisture left from the flush she will go back to drinking as before in nice flushed soil.
I hope this helps
Happy420!!
:yahoo:

8833616C-68AD-4EDD-A205-F56F6AD21B3B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom