Autopots, 600W LED, Island Sweet Skunk

re: Autopots - 600w LED - Island Sweet Skunk

I can get that shot up to you a little later today, no problemo, its a little weird but it works.

No worries about the questions ive been on a few different fourms myself searching for info on these lamps. I cant notice the ballast making any noises at all, especially with the inlines going at full blast, it doesnt produce too much heat either, in case you didnt know the ballast hangs up next to the light. I think the only reason it might get a little warm is because of the light being right next to it. It doesnt get too hot though just warm to the touch.

Also i had a lot of trouble doing research on these lights as well but i saw one grow, i think it was sponsored but this guy pull 1gpw dry, and i also did some research on the company gavita before investing. They provide a lot of lamps to dutch greenhouses, and theyre working with phillips on these lights so i think that in itself gives them credibility.

Other than that i think the grow is right where it needs to be right now and the lights seem to be working great.

Yeah they seem like an awesome company. they've been around for like the last 30 years. Way longer than most of people making shit for the "hydro" market. I've seen plenty of them talking about their own product (couple good videos on youtube) and honestly I'm already sold. What I haven't seen is any consumers talking about them anywhere so that's exciting for me. I'm going to order mine in like 6 weeks or so! :high-five:

I really like that these guys are hardcore engineers. It really shows in their product and in how they talk about it. Even their customer service is really good. I contacted them about filling a 20x20 space (didn't end up getting the job oh well) and within a day they had sent me 3 emails and a bunch of diagrams and equations I didn't really understand. lol

Salty, good luck with gavita. I have never used them but I have heard good things about them, mainly the small increase in lumens, quieter ballast and longer bulb life. I am not sure why you didn't buy the type with the remote ballast, the extra weight having the ballast connected to the reflector wil make raising and lowering the lights more difficult. Why you buy a greenhouse style?
Your question about the chiller. I use a chiller for the reservoirs during the summer to keep nute mix temps down to 68f. I use the chiller on aereoflo grows and rdwc grows. I don't use chillers in ebb n grows, only certain type of hydroponics.

Can I get a shot of how you have the lights hung? What are your impressions so far of the Gavita? Is it noisy like some ballast?

Sorry for so many questions. I just haven't been able to find any consumer product reviews and I've been dying to get my hands on my own.

i posted a shot of the how the lights hung its not the greatest picture, or method for that matter, its a little different to hang these because the ballast and the light are offset a little bit so the light needs to be hung a little lower than the ballast. so i have the side with the lights attached to a light hanging ratchet to allow it to sit a little lower than the side with the ballast, I'm posting some shots of it and the progress now. Hope this helps

Salty, good luck with gavita. I have never used them but I have heard good things about them, mainly the small increase in lumens, quieter ballast and longer bulb life. I am not sure why you didn't buy the type with the remote ballast, the extra weight having the ballast connected to the reflector wil make raising and lowering the lights more difficult. Why you buy a greenhouse style?
Your question about the chiller. I use a chiller for the reservoirs during the summer to keep nute mix temps down to 68f. I use the chiller on aereoflo grows and rdwc grows. I don't use chillers in ebb n grows, only certain type of hydroponics.

Ya i was thinking about getting a chiller too but ended up just putting a oxygen bubbler in there because i am refilling the res every few days or so, and the water going in is pretty cool i figure the oxygen in the res and in the airdromes in the pots will offset slightly higher temps, i think they stay in the low 70s. I used to be involved in the aquarium hobby a while back, and there are a lot of things that relate to hydro, marine depot sells some really good chillers, thats where i bought my ro unit.

I bought the greenhouse style ballast because its attached to the light, and i figured it would be easier to manage, you're right about the hanging it is a little more involved than what it would be just to hang the light by itself but the ballast stays relatively cool than other ballasts, i used to have a remote ballast for a 150 metal halide for my fish tank and that thing got extremely hot compared to this one.

UPDATE Day 21 of Flower

Things are coming a long nicely, comparing to my last led grow, I'm extremely impressed with this gavita, i am growing some of the same strain (WW Clones) three of them in the back of the tent and they are looking much better under these than under the LEDs at the same time. It took over a month for my grow to look like these plants although these are hydro and my other ones were grown in miracle grow soil, that could make a big difference. I may be using LEDs for veg./breeding from now on.

Its blurry i know i just thought it was cool looking :thumb:
IMG_079713.JPG

Heres a couple of shots of how the lights are hung for heisenburg
IMG_080513.JPG
IMG_080412.JPG

under the canopy
IMG_08029.JPG

And a grow shot, i don't mean to toot my own horn but thats a pretty good spread for a 4x4, thats what topping twice and vegging for five weeks will do i guess, I'm going 12.12 from seed on the next one to see how the time/yield ratio compare
IMG_07999.JPG
IMG_079811.JPG

under the canopy
IMG_08029.JPG

Whats good salty!!!

I think you need to go through and clear all the debris out of there!!! that is an invitation for any pests to live in free of charge!!!

:peacetwo:

Hey salty... just curious.. how far above canopy are you running the 800W DS during veg and during flower? Did you do the 1 week at 1/2 power the manufacturer recommended? I'm on my first run with them so I'm curious how other people are using them.

I think I kept them about 20 inches from the canopy during most of the grow but as it progressed my sativas grew right into the light. As a plant gets older the leaves aren't as efficient at converting light so they can get closer progressively through the grow.

As for running them on veg or bloom mode I would turn both switches on after about two weeks from seed or right after the clones root ir you're using cuttings.

Whats good salty!!!

I think you need to go through and clear all the debris out of there!!! that is an invitation for any pests to live in free of charge!!!

Ya you're right man it's hard getting in there that tent is packed to the brim. I think I might be getting over a gpw on this grow looking at how things are panning out.

UPDATE Too soon ? oh well I'm knda bored day 24 on 12.12 regime. Here are are also a few shots from my first successful grow (LEDs). The tent is very overcrowded i was thinking that was a good thing at first but i would hate to see bud rot or mold show up, i have a fan on full blast all day, I'm hoping that works
IMG_08199.JPG
IMG_081516.JPG
IMG_08147.JPG
IMG_081313.JPG

Here are some shots of the ones about to be harvested, the long ones leaning over are WW the shorter fatter ones are Jock Horror
IMG_081010.JPG
IMG_080714.JPG
IMG_08068.JPG

Here an update, i think that the nutes are settling at the bottom of the res after a day or so, so the plants may be getting nute burn due to the high concentration build up that happens over time. I will be getting a pump to circulate the water for my next grow for now I'm just trying to stir the res every once in a while to keep things mixed as best as i can here are some photos!
IMG_086711.jpg
IMG_086512.jpg
IMG_086412.jpg
IMG_086010.jpg
IMG_085918.jpg
IMG_085812.jpg
IMG_085712.jpg
IMG_085610.jpg
IMG_085412.jpg
IMG_085213.jpg

whats good salty,
just checking, are you snapping those shots during lights out??? and also, you don't have a airstone in your res? this is very important so as the nutes stay mixed...

whats good salty,
just checking, are you snapping those shots during lights out??? and also, you don't have a airstone in your res? this is very important so as the nutes stay mixed...

Ya i take these shots when the lights are out. I do have an airstone, i don't think thats sufficient enough to keep the nutes mixed do you think? The res is about four feet tall do you think on airstone would keep everything mixed? Maybe I'm overfeeding them.

you know in the flower mode, you are causing a light leak... you can get the possibility of getting hermies from the light stress... unless this is what your trying to do to get some seeds out of them...

you should never show the plants any light when in the dark period.

about the airstone, yes, get the bar one...

you know in the flower mode, you are causing a light leak... you can get the possibility of getting hermies from the light stress... unless this is what your trying to do to get some seeds out of them...

you should never show the plants any light when in the dark period.

about the airstone, yes, get the bar one...

Ive got an air stone but are you sure, thats really enough to move the water around?

Thanks for the advice with the lights I've been wondering about that for a while now I'm definitely going to stop now!

Back
Top Bottom