Genetics Auto Mazar x NYCD
Sex Feminized
Height Medium
Flowering Time 9-10 weeks
Seed Bank Midweek Song
Yield Medium
THC Level Unknown
Type Indica Dominant

i harvested 2 of three plants at 9 weeks and 1 @ week 10.5 the plants were def ready to harvest as they met all the usual criteria ....... i was very disappointed by the yield and bud quality......after drying and cure i have about a 1/2 z per plant.........2 were raised outdoors and 1 indoor, no big differences that i can tell. this is so far off from regular seeds and their yields. am i doing something wrong ? any help would be great. bud taste is nice and a decent high...... i guess it is ok for your own stash.............thanks for any input.

I'm finishing up 2 Early Miss autos and yeah, I'd say the yield looks less than what I've been getting off the regular ones. I haven't grown autos enough to know if a lower yield is typical but that's what I read too.

Yield looks to me like it'll be around 3/4 of an ounce each, as compared to the 1 oz plus I have gotten with the regular. I have bad growing circumstances so I'd say a kinder gardener would pull an oz easy of each. I wouldn't even be surprised if like you I only get 1/2 from each.

They do finish quicker though. I'm at 9 weeks plus (CropKing ad states they finish in 7 weeks...not far off my experience but would have been a real skimpy yield if I took them at 7) but the trichs have been mostly cloudy for at least a week. I don't hang around waiting for amber anymore because some plants don't go amber at all and some go brown instead of amber which, from what I read, is not valued the same at all. So cloudy is ready for me now. I'm leaving them on the vine a bit longer because they are still getting visibly fatter each time I check.

So probably you're not doing anything wrong. I think we need to accept autos for the good they do prove: quicker, easier vs bigger yields and potency in most strains. However, my Early Miss's promise a THC count of over 20% so that sounds good to me. Enjoy your smoke!

With autos its part of the deal there smaller plants which usually means less bud...
i have a 60 day and a heavy weight vast and fast i havent harvested yet but i am getting close and it looks to me like i should get close to a ounce off lemon and like a half ounce ish off vast and fast they both had nutrient problems in flowering too.

these are my guesstamites for my plants...

but with autos i feel like the average to get off a plant is between a half ounce to a ounce
depending on growing conditions and strain.

this was my second grow ever and my first time with autos and I dont think its something I am going to stick with I feel like I can get so much more off a single plant just growing non auto strains.

On the other hand though I feel like autos are a good type of plant if you need some bud fast.
I think next time I might try mixing a single auto in with the rest of my NON auto plants...
That way I can have something to last me for the flowering of my NON auto plants ya know what I mean.

I hope some of this info helps man.

I'm going to be growing a couple of autos myself, what soil did you guys start with?

I was going to start with FFOF but I'm gonna have to cut it down with some coco and perlite so it's not too "hot" with nutes for the seedling.

I've seen vids on YouTube of autos yielding 1.5-2.5 oz per plant dry. So Im guessing your grow space may be limited although idk. My space is fairly small but I'm thinking there's plenty of room to get a good yield.

I am using ffof with 35-40% perlite just to loosen things up, moisture retention and better aeration.

Hot soil is just a misconception. Why super soil isn't hot, what makes ffof hot? I am sure no one has a logical answer for it.

Those early leaves tip burns are the first signs of nutrients deficiency. Blaming it on soil and nutes and not feeding them for weeks, sure you gonna end up with good yeilds.

I am using ffof with 35-40% perlite just to loosen things up, moisture retention and better aeration.

Hot soil is just a misconception. Why super soil isn't hot, what makes ffof hot? I am sure no one has a logical answer for it.

Those early leaves tip burns are the first signs of nutrients deficiency. Blaming it on soil and nutes and not feeding them for weeks, sure you gonna end up with good yeilds.

Quite frankly I'm not sure what makes it hot. It's just something I was told by another grower on this site. If you think it's safe to grow an Autoflower seedling in uncut FFOF, then I got no problem giving it a go. Should I just add some extra perlite?

thank you all for your input !!! i found out the other day that the strain i am working with is a new auto strain and this could be the reason for poor yield, the genetics on my strain are......
Genetics Auto Mazar x NYCD
Sex Feminized
Height Medium
Flowering Time 9-10 weeks
Yield Medium
THC Level Unknown
Type Indica Dominant

can anyone recommend an auto strain that has worked well for them ?
thanks, cbgb

@ growlikedrevi well thank you for the second post because "Autos can produce amazing yields. One ounce from an auto is a complete failure. Hope it helps." that statement did not help ......lol

Hey there folks, here is my Buddha Magnum Autoflower. Her genetics say that she is the largest producing auto on the market. This plant went through some serious stress her first 2 weeks of flower and she is still producing strong!! I have about 30ish days left on her. Buddha says she is done at 90 days, but with the stress i think im going to 100 days.

IMG_378710.JPG
IMG_378410.JPG

And she was grown 100% organic, no bottle nutrients!!!

Edit: Buddha also says i could get up to 600 gr/m2, which for my space would be 2 plants.

Quite frankly I'm not sure what makes it hot. It's just something I was told by another grower on this site. If you think it's safe to grow an Autoflower seedling in uncut FFOF, then I got no problem giving it a go. Should I just add some extra perlite?

Yes it's completely safe to grow in ffof or ffof+perlite. Perlite is something which is already present in it. I have grown in both and have seen no differences, though it feels like plants like the added perlite more.

Fo your first grow I would recommend using 30-40% perlite with ffof for the reasons I mentioned in previous post.

I start feeding my plants from week two. Over feeding is something I would really care less, it takes a lot to over feed a plant.

If you look up ffof description on their official website you'll find out what its true purpose is.

I am using Fox Farms (big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom, microbe brew, kangaroots, open sesame, beastie bloom, sledge hammer and bembe instead of molasses). I skipped cha ching because it's for late flowering and I didn't feel the use of it in autos.

I hope it helps bro and good luck with your first grow.

20150811_123830.jpg
20150811_124056.jpg

It's a 3.2' plant excluding the pot and probably 9th week. I was just making my point lol. I'll find a better way to upload images.

@ growlikedrevi well thank you for the second post because "Autos can produce amazing yields. One ounce from an auto is a complete failure. Hope it helps." that statement did not help ......lol

Yes it's completely safe to grow in ffof or ffof+perlite. Perlite is something which is already present in it. I have grown in both and have seen no differences, though it feels like plants like the added perlite more.

Fo your first grow I would recommend using 30-40% perlite with ffof for the reasons I mentioned in previous post.

I start feeding my plants from week two. Over feeding is something I would really care less, it takes a lot to over feed a plant.

If you look up ffof description on their official website you'll find out what its true purpose is.

I am using Fox Farms (big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom, microbe brew, kangaroots, open sesame, beastie bloom and bembe instead of molasses). I skipped cha ching because it's for late flowering and I didn't feel the use of it in autos.

I hope it helps bro and good luck with your first grow.

Awesome info, thanks brother!

Sorry to the OP for invading your post.

1/2oz is sure a failed grow and nobody suppose to get that big yield in a first grow without any research. It's hard to say why it failed if know nothing about your routine. Here are few things i learned growing autos, i just usually copy and paste because no one ever likes to search forums or internet for answers.

1. Poor lightning = poor yield. Get 250W HPS or 300W led or just buy some weed and don't bother. Should be enough for 2 auto's.

2. All beginners over-fertilize. Invest in soil not in fertilizers. Some extra guano tea/extract towards the end is more than enough.

3. Water & soil PH has to be correct. This is another non-starter. Either do it or you get nothing for your efforts.

4. 20/4 is best overall for autos in terms of price/perfomance. Keep it that way from start to end.

I use soil for tomatoes/paprika or soil for seedlings or mix of both. You can add some perlite to the mix but its not obligatory. Autos are great and will get you 2/3 oz pretty much any time if you follow these points.

1/2oz is sure a failed grow and nobody suppose to get that big yield in a first grow without any research. It's hard to say why it failed if know nothing about your routine. Here are few things i learned growing autos, i just usually copy and paste because no one ever likes to search forums or internet for answers.

1. Poor lightning = poor yield. Get 250W HPS or 300W led or just buy some weed and don't bother. Should be enough for 2 auto's.

2. All beginners over-fertilize. Invest in soil not in fertilizers. Some extra guano tea/extract towards the end is more than enough.

3. Water & soil PH has to be correct. This is another non-starter. Either do it or you get nothing for your efforts.

4. 20/4 is best overall for autos in terms of price/perfomance. Keep it that way from start to end.

I use soil for tomatoes/paprika or soil for seedlings or mix of both. You can add some perlite to the mix but its not obligatory. Autos are great and will get you 2/3 oz pretty much any time if you follow these points.
if i have a 120x120x200cm tent with a 600w hps bulb how many autos can I grow in there and what size airflow material pots should I opt for pls?

Back
Top Bottom