Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

Bought the girls a present

420-magazine-mobile82410876.jpg

Figured a brand new Gavita bulb would ensure they are getting the best light I can give them.

Got my timer for the other tent too and some more clay pebbles to put on top of the four wilma pots to help reduce surface evaporation and the risk of fungus knats...

New bulb! Fresh light is sweet of you :) I'm sure they'll thank you! Picking up things for the garden is always the best.
Haha its too easy to spend all my money in the grow store . I went in to get a timer and came out with a bag full of stuff lol.
I'm going to try my best not to buy anything else for this grow now though, as short of anything breaking, I think I have got everything I need and more. If I keep buying bits of grow kit/nutes/etc too often it will end up costing me more to grow the buds than it would to just buy weed off a dealer haha. Cheers for stopping in buddy. ✌

Haha its too easy to spend all my money in the grow store . I went in to get a timer and came out with a bag full of stuff lol.
I'm going to try my best not to buy anything else for this grow now though, as short of anything breaking, I think I have got everything I need and more. If I keep buying bits of grow kit/nutes/etc too often it will end up costing me more to grow the buds than it would to just buy weed off a dealer haha. Cheers for stopping in buddy. ✌

Aint that the truth. I was back in my local hydro store again today. Wanted to buy 2 air stones and ended up spending 30$ lol! Its all part of the fun though right? I wish I could stay in there all day long.

Today's update:

I changed the Wilma res out today, it was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Used the pump that comes with it to drain most of the water out into buckets and then finished up the last bit with a shop vac. My tap water is only 0.1EC, to start with I added 0.2 EC worth of Cal-Mag and then added Canna Coco A&B (50ml), H&G Roots excelurator (11ml), 1 Scoop Great White and a bit of molasses (0.5 ml) up to a total EC of 0.9. All PH'd to 5.8. I fed the Blue Cheese 100ml of the same mix.

Here's the four CC seedlings:
Interestingly the two that are more under the HPS seem to be developing a little differently now to the two under LED...
HPS side:
420-magazine-mobile151930533.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1063297465.jpg

LED side:
420-magazine-mobile1240886963.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1413284722.jpg

And finally the Blue Cheese:
420-magazine-mobile1371001072.jpg

Have a great day everyone ✌.

Not much to report today, just more of the same really, temps are at 25-26°c and PH at 5.8, EC of res is 0.9. Plants seem to be doing fine, steadily starting to push out their second set of true leaves now. I think I am going to slow down from doing daily updates as there isnt a lot going on at the moment it seems pointless just posting the same thing each day. I'll get back to it when there is a bit more going on
420-magazine-mobile435422308.jpg

Have a great day all ✌✌

Hey GM. So you start in peat pots with coco inside the larger pots yeah? Do you cut the bottom out or do they grow through?
Yeah I start everything in those pots, they seem to do just fine and grow through as long as the pots are damp enough they fall apart like wet newspaper does, if they dry out they can be really tough however. I also poke a few holes in the base to stop water pooling up too much in the bottom so I guess roots can get out those holes too if they need to.
Take it easy ✌

Not much to say in terms of an update everything is still ticking along much the same (the Wilma really makes life very easy, all I do is check the PH and EC are the same, which aside from a slight PH rise over the first 48hrs, they generally are).

Anyways here they are:
420-magazine-mobile327046314.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1370977173.jpg

I'll get a picture of the blue cheese too for the next one.

Have a great day everyone ✌

Things are going along quite nicely for you my friend.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot Ditch, I have to give most of the credit to the Wilma though, it does everything for me . Was quite cheap too compared to a lot of other systems, so far it seems like a winner.

Thanks for stopping in dude. ✌

Hey everyone thought I'd get some more pictures up and a little update.

Firstly I have a solution to having to hide my plants for a few days... In the words of the great Slim Shady, I spent the day "cleanin' out my closet"... fixed a hook in the top for the light and got a stealth extension lead hooked up in there for power. Now I just need to find out when my windows are being done to get the plants hidden at the right time lol.

420-magazine-mobile2132093533.jpg

Sneaky power supply .
420-magazine-mobile1038491080.jpg

Next up is the Colorado Cookies, so far all four are as close to identical as they could be, fantastic genetics would be my guess as to why. My tent did get a little warm for a couple hours (28°c) so a couple of the leaves curled a tiny bit, it was only for about two hours and all sorted now so not too worried about it. The PH has drifted from 5.8 to 6.0 over the last 48hrs or so, no PH down needed though the drift is so minimal at this point. I will use 1-2 drops more PH down on the next res change and see if that fixes it. If it gets over 6.1 before then I'll drop it back to 5.8 . The plants seem to be growing exceptionally well as far as I can tell with my rookie eyes.

Here they are at the start of Day 8:
420-magazine-mobile1217809240.jpg

420-magazine-mobile695079707.jpg

And last but not least the Blue Cheese Auto is ticking along nicely too, each day it looks like the Colorado Cookies did the day before so I think its safe to say it will just be 1 day behind not 2 . I'm cheating somewhat when it comes to feeding it each day right now, as it needs such a small volume of feed I just take a little from the wilma res each day instead of trying to measure and mix up tiny amounts. Not so much heat issue with this one so leaves are a little better .

Here she is:
420-magazine-mobile503033079.jpg

420-magazine-mobile238126805.jpg

Thats all folks...

Have a great day everbody! Nearly Christmas now! ✌✌

Re: Autos Coco & A Wilma System - My Second Grow

This Wilma has me intrigued! Window dudes are pretty chill. I had people offer me lots of goodies while working on their windows.... scotch, beers, bowls. Never really accepted the offers very often... (100 pound windows that are 97% glass + whisky = dangerous) but I'd have a little toke after we got them.
the caulking was always more enjoyable while medicated

Oh and a very happy almost Christmas to ya GM!

Looking like a good start. I just have this feeling that those things are gonna grow fast and furious. That set up is awesome. Happy holidays GM

:passitleft:
Thanks a lot Urb! Really pleased with them so far, just got to keep it up for 70ish more days .
Happy Holidays friend ✌

This Wilma has me intrigued! Window dudes are pretty chill. I had people offer me lots of goodies while working on their windows.... scotch, beers, bowls. Never really accepted the offers very often... (100 pound windows that are 97% glass + whisky = dangerous) but I'd have a little toke after we got them.
the caulking was always more enjoyable while medicated

Oh and a very happy almost Christmas to ya GM!

I'm enjoying the Wilma so far, it really takes a huge workload off my shoulders (and it was really cheap). I chose it hoping it would give me the freedom to be able to leave the house for a few days at a time. My DWC I had to be there every day without fail. Its looking like it should do just that and give me a chance to get out more and see some family who live a bit further away.

As far as the window guys go, thank you for some peace of mind . I would happily share a smoke or 6 with them, the potential repercussions are very minimal . Its just the grow I don't want found. I live in a fairly rough/poor place and chances are I would end up getting robbed (not necessarily by the window guys, but everyone knows everyone round here and word gets around), I'd prefer that nobody I know/meet in real life knows I grow.

Happy almost Christmas to you too! ✌✌

Smart choice! I don't like the idea of people knowing I grow either... well at least not people I don't know well enough to tell myself.
Good thing the plants are in veg. I wouldn't wanna lug a giant toppling bush around haha.

I'll have to look back at the Wilma set up. I'm planning to go hydro but the idea of a power outage or having to be away for more than a day freaks me out.

Smart choice! I don't like the idea of people knowing I grow either... well at least not people I don't know well enough to tell myself.
Good thing the plants are in veg. I wouldn't wanna lug a giant toppling bush around haha.

I'll have to look back at the Wilma set up. I'm planning to go hydro but the idea of a power outage or having to be away for more than a day freaks me out.

Yeah you are right about them being in veg/seedlings right now, but knowing my luck they will decide to wait 6-7 weeks to finally be out to do the windows .

You can run the Wilma with soil and just treat it as automatic watering from a res, I guess with soil you could maybe even get away with going away for over a week. Its pretty cool how many different ways you can grow with it (TheDeville has even got one customised into a DWC hybrid setup, something I'd like to try at some point). Still power outages suck, I live pretty near a bunch of huge Solar Farms and a nuclear power station so chances of me losing power are pretty low. They tend to keep the power grid in good order around here thankfully .

Update time .

Not much news today, I put the Viparspectra LED into bloom mode this morning, I have the HPS in there on 250W, but I plan to up it to 400W in another week or two when the plants are a little bigger. I have to change out the Wilma res tomorrow, if I remember I will get some pictures to show how I do it. Plants are doing fine, if I look closely I can see the very beginnings of their first and second sets of side branches shooting out of the first two nodes. Temps and PH have stayed the same...

Anyways here they are:
420-magazine-mobile27210357.jpg

420-magazine-mobile622910942.jpg

Tiny branches starting out:
420-magazine-mobile6172764.jpg

I did also get some news about my windows, they won't give me a date, but have said they will give me 7 days notice before coming to do it, which should be more than enough time to get my plants hidden. Hopefully it should be done in 2-3 days and the plants will not suffer too much.

Anyway, that's all for now. Take care everyone and have a great day.

Happy Christmas!! ✌✌

Ok I got the Wilma res changed today, its really easy..
First I hook up the water pump to a hose and drain the worst out into a bucket (I should mention it even came with a 1m long piece of hose included)...
166be4259bd85c52c2eb486f8175a02d.jpg

Then shop vac:
5d4e01c47c2679ee0a21c7fab1429230.jpg

Wipe out and re-fill:
f29bbe2138fe47f4366b0d98c1d6808e.jpg

Here is the collection of additives/feeds I added to the res up to a final EC 0.9-1.0 (keeps bouncing between) and the PH is 5.8. I'm basically feeding according to Cults guide on coco just adjusting slightly to suit the nutes I have, but trying to go for similar EC values etc...
c79ae603c17c1b4e64954f5c83ca6014.jpg

Now as for the plants themselves they are doing great... 1 of the Colorado Cookies is growing branches out of its very first node (the one thats not even a true leaf), something I have never seen before. Aside from that they all look healthy enough to me. I swapped them around also so they have a chance to get more even light.

ddf812dd2e699eafb843b977049bc2e4.jpg

71c968ed7814e0457922da353b93edfb.jpg

Have a great day everyone .
Happy Christmas! ..

Back
Top Bottom