Autos for cold and wet climates

Autofacade

Ok guys pretty self explanatory. I need your help. From experience are there any strains that are the top for growing in colder, wetter, UK summers. It looks like northern lights and white widow seem to be the most talked about. But I'm seeing if there is anything out there that's a bit higher on the THC scale that produces big yields and tad more fancy. Size of the plant is not important and flowering time again not important as I'm only planning on doing one run in the summer months.

Photos are always welcome and advise as always. Thankyou to all!

Altho I reside in NZ, I was considering auto with similar questions to youself. I had been told that autos mostly worked best when grown indoors. However, I can only grow outdoors where luckily I am in part of the country that get's reasonably ok summers. Myself and a growing friend were attracted to 420 Gorilla Glue Auto. In it's strain notes, 420 say it can grow outdoors all year around, in cold weather too. We both grew one each, sprouting the seeds at the beginning of the year, so now they are on day 91 and probably just a week or two till harvest. I am guessing we'll each get at least 4oz - 5oz per plant. I intend to try growing another soon, Autumn now, as it will be interesting how this strain from 420 perform when grown outside of Summer. You might want to put them on your check them out list - good luck and I would love to hear back with what you decide upon. :thumb:

Hey bro I have family over your way!
Yh that does sound an interesting strain will defo check them out although I have a bit of a personal grudge against anything to do with gorilla glue lol.
Last year I grew a couple outdoors not far from a river the humidity done them over but they were very good looking plants if only they didn't mould. I also had some huge 7ft female photos aswell amazing plants although went too long into the season and I lost a good 75% of my crop on them to mould aswell. I'm sure if i set any auto up in my other locations they will do fine it's just if I can get something a bit more robust it covers all basses!

I grew Northern Lights, very nice strain to grow, my thoughts are a strain that is mixed with her or the White Widow would do really good, even better a strain with both Northern Lights and White Widow, will have to look into this. Goood Luck in your search.

Most of the autoflowering do good in colder climates. They are a mix of ruderalis and others. Ruderalis is a cold weather plant. Northern lights auto or Alaskan Purple should do you good.

Awesome cheers for the shouts guys I have herd alot about northern lights and white widow suiting this climate, as much as there genetics can hold against the temps I think there indica dominance will be an issue with how packed the buds will become. I have been speaking with fast buds and targeted a couple of sativa goodies. I also like new exotic strains (I'm my own worst enemy) I'm looking at 4 different strains but will have to pick just one. Its between:
Orange sherbet
Tangie'matic
California snow
Blue dream'atic

All sativa strong autos with claims of above average yields and 22% thc. Just have to decide between the 3 and its tricky!

Awesome cheers for the shouts guys I have herd alot about northern lights and white widow suiting this climate, as much as there genetics can hold against the temps I think there indica dominance will be an issue with how packed the buds will become. I have been speaking with fast buds and targeted a couple of sativa goodies. I also like new exotic strains (I'm my own worst enemy) I'm looking at 4 different strains but will have to pick just one. Its between:
Orange sherbet
Tangie'matic
California snow
Blue dream'atic

All sativa strong autos with claims of above average yields and 22% thc. Just have to decide between the 3 and its tricky!
I'm keen to know what you decide. The only auto I've grown is a Gorilla Glue by 420, it is still about week or so away from harvest. I feel I will get at least 5 - 6oz from her, I haven't tested it yet but a growing friend who is also growing the same reports that he's very pleased with the pre harvest testing he's done so far.
As far as your 4 choices, I have heard numerous shout outs for Blue Dream'atic. I am encouraged to try other autos and so I'm interested in what you pick. Cheers.

I am interested as well, I might decide to get all four, one seed each if possible. Where are you sourcing from, I might have to contact them to see if they would do that. Cheers Might make a good first time outdoor journal.

Looked at all the contenders and really like all of them but I think I am going to order 4 seeds of Phoenix auto outdoor seeds, just looks like the ones for me. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom