Autos not flowering day 45

fatbuds420

Im at day 45,my autos are not flowering, they look healthy, yet no signs of flowering, the seeds are good, got them from a white widow auto that hermied, i grew 3 a few months ago and they were grate, they flowered, and they had no seeds. This time tho they are not flowering for some reason. 18/4 light schedule, growing 4 of them in soil. Is this normal?

Def not photos

Sure they aren't, that's why they're flowering on time right? Lol

got them from a white widow auto that hermied,

This may be your problem.

You can either wait and see what happens or you can adjust the light schedule and try to make something happen. Two choices

Sure they aren't, that's why they're flowering on time right? Lol

This may be your problem.

You can either wait and see what happens or you can adjust the light schedule and try to make something happen. Two choices
How can they be photos? I got them from a white widow auto, i planted 3 and they all flowered, how can it be that i planted 4 and none are flowering? Makes no sense.

How can they be photos? I got them from a white widow auto, i planted 3 and they all flowered, how can it be that i planted 4 and none are flowering? Makes no sense.

As I understand it autoflowering is a recessive trait. It doesn't breed true. You also used seeds from a "Hermie" which is a genetic crapshoot, are you positive it's hermied/self pollinated and not cross pollinated?

Basically if it's not autoflowering in the normal time frame it's somewhere between an auto and a photo, otherwise known as "fast flowering".

I'm not a geneticist and I've only run a handful of autos. But if it's not auto flowering it has to be photo right?

They may be slow, if they don't start showing preflowers in another couple weeks are you still going to argue that they are autos?

As I understand it autoflowering is a recessive trait. It doesn't breed true. You also used seeds from a "Hermie" which is a genetic crapshoot, are you positive it's hermied/self pollinated and not cross pollinated?

Basically if it's not autoflowering in the normal time frame it's somewhere between an auto and a photo, otherwise known as "fast flowering".

I'm not a geneticist and I've only run a handful of autos. But if it's not auto flowering it has to be photo right?

They may be slow, if they don't start showing preflowers in another couple weeks are you still going to argue that they are autos?
I wasn't really arguing they are not autos, i just want to know whats going on as it's really odd, the plant self pollinated prob, because of stress, i overwatered the shit out of it and it hermied, it was an outdoors grow, it was super small cause of the overwatering, smoke was good tho, it has so many cristals, and it was super strong and smooth. Shame it yielded very little

it was an outdoors grow

Definitely a chance they are cross pollinated and not a full self pollination. You may drop four more seeds and find they all autoflower. Plants can be pollinated from multiple sources and produce different offspring.

Definitely a chance they are cross pollinated and not a full self pollination. You may drop four more seeds and find they all autoflower. Plants can be pollinated from multiple sources and produce different offspring.
But you need a male for that right? No chance of that here, im 100 % sure no one is growing weed around me, i live in the middle of nowhere, and almost no one grows outdoors here cause it's strictly illigal, still have around 30 seeds, ill pop a few when it's warm outdoors, my next indoor grow i wanna try a different strain

But you need a male for that right? No chance of that here, im 100 % sure no one is growing weed around me, i live in the middle of nowhere, and almost no one grows outdoors here cause it's strictly illigal, still have around 30 seeds, ill pop a few when it's warm outdoors, my next indoor grow i wanna try a different strain

Pollen can travel miles. It's incredibly unlikely in your situation, just exploring possibilities.

Pollen can travel miles. It's incredibly unlikely in your situation, just exploring possibilities.
Well, guess i just need to wait and see, will post pics when I'm home, also quick question, if i have an underpowered light, and instead of 18 6 i run it 20 4, could that make up for it being slightly underpowered? 4 plants under 200w led, plants are big enoguh, but im just wondering.

Yes. DLI (daily light integral) is basically the amount of energy a plant receives during the day.

If your a little bit underpowered extending the run time is an easy way to make up for it. Autos make that easy, flowering photos add a wrinkle because they still have to have 12 hours of dark so you have to squeeze all the light into 12 hours or less. (My flower lights run for 11 hours a day)

Yes. DLI (daily light integral) is basically the amount of energy a plant receives during the day.

If your a little bit underpowered extending the run time is an easy way to make up for it. Autos make that easy, flowering photos add a wrinkle because they still have to have 12 hours of dark so you have to squeeze all the light into 12 hours or less. (My flower lights run for 11 hours a day)
I see, so 24h of light is worth the energy expense i guess right? I read somewhere that 24h of light is useless and after some time the plant just "shuts down"How many plants can you squeeze for the highest yield in a ts-1000 for example?

I see, so 24h of light is worth the energy expense i guess right? I read somewhere that 24h of light is useless and after some time the plant just "shuts down"How many plants can you squeeze for the highest yield in a ts-1000 for example?

Yea every plant needs to rest at some point. I actually use a couple of cheap shop lights in my veg closet that run 24 hrs. There are also a couple of actual light fixtures in there that run on a 16 hour light schedule.

I use the 24 hr lights to keep my low temps up. The plants rest when they want to which is generally when the main lights are off.

This is not an overly common opinion but I've been doing it successfully for over a year and multiple harvests now.

Yea every plant needs to rest at some point. I actually use a couple of cheap shop lights in my veg closet that run 24 hrs. There are also a couple of actual light fixtures in there that run on a 16 hour light schedule.

I use the 24 hr lights to keep my low temps up. The plants rest when they want to which is generally when the main lights are off.

This is not an overly common opinion but I've been doing it successfully for over a year and multiple harvests now.
I actually have an issue with low temps too, 25c when lights on, but around 20-18 when off, still tho, not a problem, it never goes under 18

Back
Top Bottom