Autos not flowering day 45

Yeah I wood run them in VEG till they get taller. If they are autos they will flower regardless of what you do. Time will tell.

AUTOs most times are smallish from the ruderalis gene. Just a side note.

Rodelization.

I usually source my bs science info on biology outside the bro-cannabis world. This one had me stumped so I had to look it up.

It wood seem on the surface that someone named SOMA made up this term to mean self pollination. The process seems murky.

I read that breeders let plants go longer than usual to stress it into self replicating or "hermie" or something. I wasn't clear on how it happens.

I do grow 120 day Sativa tho. I can say for sure after day 90 I sneeze loud and the ladies will thro out nanners. I've gotten a handful of seeds several times this way. I've learned to chop when I see them (nanners).

So I'm very careful about stressing the plants in flower. I don't even touch them unless I have to get firm and supercrop. Its not my fault my ceiling is only 7'. lol

In order for and auto flowers offspring to be auto also it needs to be pollinated with a pure auto male.Auto is not a dominant gene in most cannabis cultivars photo is so even if it selfed itself the dominate photo gene may reappear.

Uh... No.

In order for and auto flowers offspring to be auto also it needs to be pollinated with a pure auto male.

Cross an autoflowering cannabis plant with a photoperiodic one that happens to have one AF gene, and some of the progeny will be autoflowering.

Auto is not a dominant gene in most cannabis cultivars photo is

The autoflowering gene is recessive in ALL of them.

so even if it selfed itself the dominate photo gene may reappear.

If an autoflowering cannabis plant selfs, ALL of the progeny will be autoflowering, because it's a recessive gene. Had the mother plant contained a gene for the photoperiodic trait, it wouldn't have been an autoflowering plant. To be... I thought I posted this link earlier, but maybe not. See:

what do you guys think, do they look healthy?

what about my LST technique, is it good?

when should i switch to 12/12?

is there a chance there will be any males? considering the plant that hermied was an auto?

Attachments

• IMG_20191121_185252.jpg
    IMG_20191121_185252.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20191121_185256.jpg
    IMG_20191121_185256.jpg
    868.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20191121_185301.jpg
    IMG_20191121_185301.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20191121_185432.jpg
    IMG_20191121_185432.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20191121_191122.jpg
    IMG_20191121_191122.jpg
    930.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20191121_191125.jpg
    IMG_20191121_191125.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20191121_192038.jpg
    IMG_20191121_192038.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20191121_193103.jpg
    IMG_20191121_193103.jpg
    906.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20191121_193118.jpg
    IMG_20191121_193118.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 95

is there a chance there will be any males? considering the plant that hermied was an auto?
@Emilya
Can you help answer this, I truly want to help, but there’s a lot going on here.

Apologies in advance. :Namaste:

I see a bit of a deficiency, but not sure if it looks like a macro nutrient with it being up there in the new growth... If you are giving less than full nutes, stop doing that... these are big and hungry plants.
Any LST technique that doesn't end up splitting the plant asunder, is a good one.
I would continue to assume that these are indeed autos and I would keep the lights going as they are for a while longer. After all the stress of LST the transition could be going more slowly than it normally would have, but I think in that main kola I see the growth tip starting to convert. I would bet that you see pistils, despite the lights, in less than 10 days. If you switch to 12/12 now, you will never know if you had an auto. There is no downside to waiting because at least then you will know, and if it doesn't end up transitioning to bloom all by itself, all it is going to do is get bigger.
If there was no male pollen, there can be no males.
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

I see a bit of a deficiency, but not sure if it looks like a macro nutrient with it being up there in the new growth... If you are giving less than full nutes, stop doing that... these are big and hungry plants.
Any LST technique that doesn't end up splitting the plant asunder, is a good one.
I would continue to assume that these are indeed autos and I would keep the lights going as they are for a while longer. After all the stress of LST the transition could be going more slowly than it normally would have, but I think in that main kola I see the growth tip starting to convert. I would bet that you see pistils, despite the lights, in less than 10 days. If you switch to 12/12 now, you will never know if you had an auto. There is no downside to waiting because at least then you will know, and if it doesn't end up transitioning to bloom all by itself, all it is going to do is get bigger.
If there was no male pollen, there can be no males.
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal
Didn't really start feeding yet, only gave 2 small feedings, cause i had nutrients mixed in the soil. What deficiency do you think it could be? Do u think it could be due to overwatering? Lower roots shut off for a while I'd say, cause this soil retains a lot of water,i didnt put enough perlite. At the bottom its been wet for like 14 days or more, i only give light watering on the top.

Thank you for the tips, if it is by chance a photo, and i will switch to 12 12,will i lose yield compare to autos?

And how much time would i have left? How long does an"photo" like this take to and flowering?

Didn't really start feeding yet, only gave 2 small feedings, cause i had nutrients mixed in the soil. What deficiency do you think it could be? Do u think it could be due to overwatering? Lower roots shut off for a while I'd say, cause this soil retains a lot of water,i didnt put enough perlite. At the bottom its been wet for like 14 days or more, i only give light watering on the top.

Thank you for the tips, if it is by chance a photo, and i will switch to 12 12,will i lose yield compare to autos?

And how much time would i have left? How long does an"photo" like this take to and flowering?
Look down in my signature on emilyas watering write up. It’ll change you’re grow completely.
A photo won’t flower until it has a 12/12 light schedule. I held mine in veg for 16 weeks and took 16 weeks until harvest. It depends on your strain. Mine called for a 7-9week flower period, but that was off a bit.

it could still be a weak root system causing it, but I see the beginnings of a phosphorus deficiency. It does sound like you need to water differently since you are still thinking that it is the soil retaining the water, when in actuality it is the plants simply not strong enough to use the water as quickly as it is being supplied. If you switch to 12/12 before resolving this issue, you are not going to get any sort of yield worth talking about, and if it is an auto and about to switch on you anyway, this is going to be a very small and struggling plant. And I told you up above... I think I see it starting to convert, indicating that it is an auto... and that within 10 days you would know for sure. Be patient... hurrying isnt going to solve anything.

still no s
it could still be a weak root system causing it, but I see the beginnings of a phosphorus deficiency. It does sound like you need to water differently since you are still thinking that it is the soil retaining the water, when in actuality it is the plants simply not strong enough to use the water as quickly as it is being supplied. If you switch to 12/12 before resolving this issue, you are not going to get any sort of yield worth talking about, and if it is an auto and about to switch on you anyway, this is going to be a very small and struggling plant. And I told you up above... I think I see it starting to convert, indicating that it is an auto... and that within 10 days you would know for sure. Be patient... hurrying isnt going to solve anything.
so if in 10 days nothing happens 12 12 right? Can a few light leaks hurt? For example, it's 12 12, can it hurt if some days it gets 30 mins or 1 hour of extra light?

I had some auto flowers that took I think 50-60 days to start producing female hairs but I'm that t one they did for out, I was told autos can flower when ever they feel like it, I'm just glad all mine flowered at the same time, but maybe something to do with it being a buded seed.

Pollen can be a mental torture, for the past year I have been getting seeded buds, no light leaks, no stress and a perfect environment, what I didn't do was filter the intake, cut a long story short about 1 block and a half from me a load of guys were breeding for there new programme and the excess pollen was being chucked out of a building window daily once protects had come to a stop, since I started filtering my intake I have had no seeded buds, had to also change all my carpets and clean everything a million times over but I'm not convinced it's truly gone, I know this isn't anything to do with yours but, if they had pollinated themselves make sure you scrub the tent they were flowered in like crazy as you can't even see the stuff :laugh:.

I had some auto flowers that took I think 50-60 days to start producing female hairs but I'm that t one they did for out, I was told autos can flower when ever they feel like it, I'm just glad all mine flowered at the same time, but maybe something to do with it being a buded seed.

Pollen can be a mental torture, for the past year I have been getting seeded buds, no light leaks, no stress and a perfect environment, what I didn't do was filter the intake, cut a long story short about 1 block and a half from me a load of guys were breeding for there new programme and the excess pollen was being chucked out of a building window daily once protects had come to a stop, since I started filtering my intake I have had no seeded buds, had to also change all my carpets and clean everything a million times over but I'm not convinced it's truly gone, I know this isn't anything to do with yours but, if they had pollinated themselves make sure you scrub the tent they were flowered in like crazy as you can't even see the stuff :laugh:.
Sounds like a nightmare lol

I've been growing for about a year now and i still didnt have a smooth easy grow, i always have some issues, still didnt have a good yield... Hopefully this time is the good one, i invested so much time and money to do everything right

Back
Top Bottom