Autos Under A Mars Hydro FC 4800: Soilless & FN Fertilizer, By Farside05

Thanks for the tag. Looks interesting, but probably a bit over my head when it comes to making my own nutes. But I can surely learn a thing or two.

The acquisition of the ingredients is pricey up front. The formulating/math part is the most challenging. After that it's really just weighing powder and mixing with some distilled water.

Thanks for the tag this is great information. I'm still on MC right now but this is still very useful.:thanks:

This would be my biggest concern. Could easily screw things up.
It's part of the reason I posted my mix and all the weights, for those that don't want to do the math.

The Original Glues recovered from last nights wiltiness via the 1 gallon splash and go. This AM I gave them all 2 gallons of feed each so they were properly soaked.

Stopped on the way home and got the Muriate of Potash so I can make FN Micros©. Tutorial forthcoming.

Making FN Micros© - In several parts because I think you can only have so many pics per post.

First weigh 30.3 g of Iron EDTA.
Add it to the pot that you will be later adding your water to.

Weigh 15.1 g of Zinc EDTA
add it to the pot

Weigh 2.3 g of Boric Acid
add it to the pot

Weigh 15.1g Manganese EDTA
Add it to the pot

Weigh 2.6 g Copper EDTA (the display on the scale timed out just as I was snapping the pic, but it was 2.6 g)
Add it to the pot

Part 2

Weigh .1 g of Sodium Molybdate
Add to pot

Weigh 102.2 g of Muriate of Potash
Add to pot

Weigh 397.5 g of Ammonium Calcium Nitrate
Add to pot

Weigh 109.8 g of Potassium Nitrate
Add to pot

When your done weighing and adding powders to the pot, it will look like this,

Part 3

Grab your gallon of distilled water.

Pour your gallon of distilled into the pot.

Heat your concoction until it just starts to put off a bit of steam, but not boiling, stirring often.

Allow to cool, then pour the contents back into your empty gallon jug. Label it FN Micros© so you can remember which product is which. You'll end up with a bit more than what will fit in your gallon jug. Ill just add my extras into the smaller container I use for feeding. I like not having to deal with a big gallon jug when I'm dosing feed.

Thanks for the easy to follow pictorials on all this!
I think you can only have so many pics per post.
You can have as many as you want if you upload to the gallery. If you just attach them then it's a 10-pic max.
Looked at new digital scales on Amazon that go out to more than .1 g. Problem is, the ones that go out to .001 g have a max weight capacity of 50 g. My current one can weigh up to 1000 g. Since I need something that can weigh up to 400 g when making FN Fertilizer©, I decided not to buy another scale.
I have three scales: one kitchen scale for weighing harvests, one 0.1 scale for measuring bigger weights like 138g of citric acid for harvest washing, and one 0.001 scale for mixing my nutes and STS mix. Oh yes, then there's the bathroom scale no one uses that's stuck in the back of a closet!
almost blew Mrs.C. right off the couch!
LOL! That's funny because farside has that old Memorex ad poster up in his weed lab...
full

You can have as many as you want if you upload to the gallery. If you just attach them then it's a 10-pic max.

LOL! That's funny because farside has that old Memorex ad poster up in his weed lab...

I remembered there was some kind of limit about it, just couldn't recall exactly. Oh well, no real pain with it in 3 parts.

The poster used to adorn the wall of my media room in our old house. I have more stereo equipment than one man needs. Even more than you have scales apparently. The lab has 100 watts per channel on 3 satellites and a 150 watt powered sub, and that was something I threw together out of spares. Not counting bathrooms, there's some sort of sound system in every room of our house, plus the garage and back deck. It's a bit of an obsession.

Happy 420 man they are looking great.... Excellent work... @InTheShed thanks for the tip on being able to upload more than 10.... Always wondered how to do it...just to lazy to go read about it :laugh:

Happy 420 man they are looking great.... Excellent work... @InTheShed thanks for the tip on being able to upload more than 10.... Always wondered how to do it...just to lazy to go read about it :laugh:

Thanks. I don't think we've crossed paths many times. I'll have to swing by your journals and check them out.

Thanks. I don't think we've crossed paths many times. I'll have to swing by your journals and check them out.
A couple two tree times maybe lol we frequent similar journals. But I'm late to your journal, everything is well explained and the pic tutorial with ingredients list is neat... If cool I'll stick around to see harvest.

A couple two tree times maybe lol we frequent similar journals. But I'm late to your journal, everything is well explained and the pic tutorial with ingredients list is neat... If cool I'll stick around to see harvest.

I'm really excited to see what this light can do with a crop from start to finish. I've only had it since Saturday so these Glues are just getting to bask under it for a few weeks before they get the Marie Antoinette treatment. As soon as the space frees up I'll be starting some new autos in this same journal. On deck is Bruce Banner and Tropicana Cookies Purple.

I'm really excited to see what this light can do with a crop from start to finish. I've only had it since Saturday so these Glues are just getting to bask under it for a few weeks before they get the Marie Antoinette treatment. As soon as the space frees up I'll be starting some new autos in this same journal. On deck is Bruce Banner and Tropicana Cookies Purple.
Yea that light looks sweeeeeeeet and goes nice with the tent... But cool can't wait to see that light do it's thing from start to finish. And I love that "Marie Antoinette treatment" hahaha that should get the heads Rollin :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom