Autotrim machines, are they any good?

KarlJay

Having done my 1st trimming, I'm now looking at some of the trimming machines. There seems to be several designs, from hand-held vacuum cutters, to spinning blades under a grid w/fingers that move the product.

Q. How well do these work?

I've seen videos of them, but didn't see any that showed the quality of the job they do. They are kinda spendy and don't want to bother if they beat the crap out of the plants.

Anyone actually use one of these?

They help when you're a serious grower and doing it by hand will take way too long.
It's better to do it by hand, it takes a few hours but that's part of the fun.

Well I've found that the popcorn actually helps a lot if you care for it.
Instead of cutting the lower branches (not quite lollypopping) or remove the small buds I went in the other direction an put seven 100w CFLs hanging around so light reaches everywhere, and let me tell you, it makes a huge difference, buds are growing everywhere and my yield goes up probably around 35-50%.
I just grow for myself so the looks of them (big buds vs small ones) is not an issue and the smoke is the same so I see no point in cutting the small buds. They want to be smoked too!
But that's just the way I chose to go with, it works for me.

Well it seems that you have a lot of work so I guess a machine could work for you (timewise). But like you said (and I second it) they may damage the buds too much. I'd just go with hand trimming, maybe get some buddies to help out?

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom