Autumn colors and fertigation question

TegridyGrower

I'm running a grow with 2 plants, both barney's farm utopia haze. The one on the left (I call her Mace) seems to be more of a indica pheno, the one on the right (I call her Lisa the sativa) has more sativa characteristics. As one can expect, Mace seems to be ripening faster, with most grow hairs already turned amber/orange, while Lisa still has a bunch of white hairs. The trichomes tell the same story: Mace's trichomes are mostly cloudy with an occasional amber, while Lisa's trichomes are just turning cloudy the last few days, with still around 25-35% completely glassy and no ambers. However, I have to harvest all at once and Lisa is bigger. Hence, I'm optimizing harvest for Lisa.

The leaves of Mace turned dark purple rapidly the last few days, beautiful autumn colors, but right now, Lisa is in the same stadium as Mace was one week ago. Lisa's leaves just started to fade and the first interveinal purple shades are becoming visible. I think there's still one or maybe one and a half week to go, before Lisa is ready for harvest. At that point, Mace might be a little bit overripe, but Lisa will be in peak potency.

Now my question is about Mace: since her leaves turned completely dark purple, I wonder: is there any photosynthesis going on in her leaves? I can imagine photosynthesis rate is decreased a lot, so maybe I should reduce the strength of the fertigation mix for her? They are growing in a coco/perlite mix (65/35%). My tapwater is at ec 0.45 and the fertigation-mix is currently at 1.3. They are growing under the Mars Hydro TSL2000 in a 2 by 4 ft tent.

Thanks!

Same strain, different pheno:

full

Mace, the indica pheno:

full

Lisa, the sativa pheno:

full

Back
Top Bottom