Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Subbed. The Original Amnesia I have grown and man she takes off (non auto) you can control the height with LST
Thanks for sharing that man. :Namaste:
But do you think i could LST her enough to keep her leveled with the other auto's in my space? Theres some pictures of the pots set up in my closet so you can get the feeling of it, on page 1.

an example of my previous tie down. my bonsai first grow
Lex1.jpg

Hey Away!! Just wanted to swing by and grab a seat for the show..You are going to love that 400w Mars II, I liked mine so much I bought 2 more. :) I love the DIY setup, looks great and you did a fantastic job! Can't wait to watch this one... hope you don't mine if I hang out and watch from the bleachers :)

Hey Away!! Just wanted to swing by and grab a seat for the show..You are going to love that 400w Mars II, I liked mine so much I bought 2 more. :) I love the DIY setup, looks great and you did a fantastic job! Can't wait to watch this one... hope you don't mine if I hang out and watch from the bleachers :)

Thank you so much for the kind words on my setup, means alot coming from a veteran like you man :thanks:
I can honestly say i'd be honored to have you Ice :)
Dont think i'll be getting anymore of them till i get a bigger apartment haha :laughtwo:

i've got a little update coming in a bit.. think i made a mistake hehe :tokin:

Hey man! Looking good, reminds me of my first grow ive just finished, and as for the Original Amnesia, lexblaze is right, LSTing and topping will significantly reduce and maintain a plants height :) Or even rig some sort of screen up around it to tie down to:peace:
Really looking forward to seeing how your LED gets on aswell! Think I'l grab a seat right here :popcorn::roorrip:

Hey man! Looking good, reminds me of my first grow ive just finished, and as for the Original Amnesia, lexblaze is right, LSTing and topping will significantly reduce and maintain a plants height :) Or even rig some sort of screen up around it to tie down to:peace:
Really looking forward to seeing how your LED gets on aswell! Think I'l grab a seat right here :popcorn::roorrip:

I will deffinately be doing my best LST'ing on her, but i dont know about topping her since im going to be running the autoflowering version, and i dont want to cut the vegetation time down.. i also have a space limitation in the depth/length. But i guess we'll see what happens.
A net sounds interresting, maybe i'll try that out! ;)

Thanks for checking in man, appreciate it :thumb:

A little update: I think i made a mistake..
last night i checked on the 3 bagseeds i put in for germination, and nothing had happened.. So i took the rest of the seeds i had and put em all in the lot for germination, hoping for just 1 of them to germ atleast... guess what i woke up to this morning? :scratchinghead:

foto_24_1.JPG

So i figured i had to do something, grabbed what i had and got the 3 most germed seeds bagged up..
The soil is just some potting stuff i mixed with dry sand for drainage, which was the best i could do without spending money.
i've got 2 pots ready for 2 more seeds, and that'll be all i can take.. i kind of hope the rest doesnt germ now :thedoubletake:
I'll put up the LED tommorow morning before i go to work, and i hope it will hold till i get back home. When i get home i'll have the materials to enforce the thingy holding my lights, so it wont fall down.
here's the bagged seeds:

foto_26_3.JPG

Cross your fingers for me, so the lights doesn't fall down alright? :)

Away....

Sub'd and looking forward to watching you do your thing.

Good luck. And thank you for the advise on the TopLED lights. Gonna start looking at them tonight. My top shelf is only about 5sqft so need to see how I can incorporate the lights in such a small space. I'll be ready though when I start my next grow. Bubblisous, White Willow (old seeds) and Aphgan Kush all at th same time next grow. So stay turned for that one. In about 3 months. In the mean time I'll continue to hone my skillz on this one.

Look at this thing at week 3, day 1....dammit man...lol.
IMG_0703_800x598_.jpg

Anyway thanks for the input. I'll be watching from the side lines....

Renegade

Away....

Sub'd and looking forward to watching you do your thing.

Good luck. And thank you for the advise on the TopLED lights. Gonna start looking at them tonight. My top shelf is only about 5sqft so need to see how I can incorporate the lights in such a small space. I'll be ready though when I start my next grow. Bubblisous, White Willow (old seeds) and Aphgan Kush all at th same time next grow. So stay turned for that one. In about 3 months. In the mean time I'll continue to hone my skillz on this one.

Look at this thing at week 3, day 1....dammit man...lol.
IMG_0703_800x598_.jpg

Anyway thanks for the input. I'll be watching from the side lines....

Renegade

Hey man, thanks for checking out my journal ;)
Good thing about the LED's man.. i can say this much at this point about the mars: I couldnt of been happier with my buy. It draws half power of a 400w, and it does NOT get hot. I've had it running since last night when i went to bed untill now (Just came back from the studio, at 3 PM) and it only got slightly hotter. Maybe a degree celcius. The lights are also still pretty cool to touch as well, and theres not really any change of heat when you feel under the lights with your hand, unless you've got your hand where you're practically touching the light.. and my air-out/in is not very powerfull + i dont have a circulation fan to cool the room. So if you, like me, are going for something that's cheap and doesnt get too hot like a HPS for example, then LED's is the shizz man :) it also seems powerfull as F***! but i cant tell if it is till i've got some harvest hehe..
also i've seen UFO's on TopLED and i believe then can be mounted on your loft of the room. which would save some space. I dont know how good they are though.

i'll deffinately look forward to your grow bro, those sounds like some juicy seeds ;)

Peace :Namaste:

- edit: I've even been looking at the UFO's myself for a veg room, but thats in the future hehe.

Away,

Yea my head is spinning with all the advice on the LED's. Isn't there a set of lights that will do everything? Early, veg and bloom? I don't want to be changing (and paying more money) at every stage. Damit man...LOL. But the Mars II and the Reflective series look like what I want for my cabinet. And I'm already looking at taking out the top cubbies to make proper room for them.

Renegade69

Smoke away....LOL.

Away,

Yea my head is spinning with all the advice on the LED's. Isn't there a set of lights that will do everything? Early, veg and bloom? I don't want to be changing (and paying more money) at every stage. Damit man...LOL. But the Mars II and the Reflective series look like what I want for my cabinet. And I'm already looking at taking out the top cubbies to make proper room for them.

Renegade69

Smoke away....LOL.

LOL i understand man, i felt the same when choosing lights!
Well i'm doing the Mars II for the whole lifecycle, and i thought it was pretty damn cheap hehe !
The reflector's got buttons to switch between veg, bloom or full power. Which is pretty cool. the Mars doesnt, it's just plug-in = full power.
the only thing that made me choose the mars II over the reflector series, was the diodes watt'age.
Reflector series is using 3 watt diodes, while the Mars is using 5 watt diodes. Which i figured must give more penetration and possibly more/better yield. ;) (atleast im hoping so!) i cant tell for sure though, cause i havent compared the two.

I'll smoke myself away :)

- A Toke Further Away

Update:
Whats up guys, my girlfriend arrived last night at 4 am or so. So as promised heres the picture update ^^
Everything has been going almost smooth this far. i've germinated and potted 5 seeds.
Only 4 popped up though, which turned out to fit my room perfectly so its okay. RIP Bagseed #5!
I've been watering about every 3rd day. I'm trying to just really listen to my instinct on that part, by checking the soil, and looking at the girls. Dont know how much they need really, but i guess i'll see signs of mistreatment if such should occur.
These pictures are taken on day #6, from germination. (counting from the day the seeds touched water.)

The room (took the lights off for these pictures, because i still dont have any sunglasses, dont wanna go halfblind the next 2 hours :) )
IMG_134919.JPG

A closer picture of the room
IMG_135012.JPG

Took them out of the closet, while having my windows open, for some circulation, to stimulate a little bit.
IMG_135114.JPG

IMG_135412.JPG

Bagseed #1/#2/#3 are all looking pretty good, but Bagseed #5 is a little bit smaller, also i noticed she only started out with one and a half Kim-leaf. Here's a picture of her:
IMG_135314.JPG

And here's a picture of Bagseed #3:
IMG_135211.JPG

Here's some pics of some stuff my girlfriend brought home from spain :thumb:

Cannabis-Pirate-Ashtray!
IMG_134617.JPG

From the top
IMG_134718.JPG

And a t-shirt for me :)
IMG_135516.JPG

Hope you've all enjoyed your weekend, comments are very appreciated always, and thx for checking in. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom