Axiom - RX Greensolution - Harpin Protein - Warning!

HeadBandHarry

Do not use Axiom - RX Green Solutions - Harpin Protein - Do not use this stuff for Medical Marijuana plants. The stuff is extremely toxic. I bought it because it was supposed to improve a plants immune response, prevent pests (spider mites) as well as increase photosynthesis. I mixed it as described, sprayed 3 oz's on 24, 1 foot healthy plants and it practically killed all of them. It burnt the crap out of the the leaves and the plants have gone into shock.

I am so pissed off. Some people will sell anything to try and make a buck. I'd rather treat my plants with "Round Up". These people are the Monsanto of Medical marijuana. Live and learn.

Before

2012-12-31_12-15-42_916.jpg

After

2013-01-06_12-16-04_903.jpg

My Cantaloupe Kush is Toast

2013-01-06_08-23-30_40.jpg

That is interesting. I use Axiom and have great results. Oil content increased and the plants were some of the healthiest group I have ever had after I used axiom (harpin proteins).

oil content
Pic_41.jpg

healthy plants
Pic_28.jpg

Do not use Axiom - RX Green Solutions - Harpin Protein - Do not use this stuff for Medical Marijuana plants. The stuff is extremely toxic. I bought it because it was supposed to improve a plants immune response, prevent pests (spider mites) as well as increase photosynthesis. I mixed it as described, sprayed 3 oz's on 24, 1 foot healthy plants and it practically killed all of them. It burnt the crap out of the the leaves and the plants have gone into shock.

I am so pissed off. Some people will sell anything to try and make a buck. I'd rather treat my plants with "Round Up". These people are the Monsanto of Medical marijuana. Live and learn.

Before

2012-12-31_12-15-42_916.jpg

After

2013-01-06_12-16-04_903.jpg

My Cantaloupe Kush is Toast

2013-01-06_08-23-30_40.jpg

Did you foliar with the lights on?

You mixed it too strongly and applied with the lights on and burnt them, or had residue from a previous foliar that reacted with the Harpin and killed them. Nobody else has your problem.

RX Green Solutions who make Axiom also make Life cloning solution, which is a real badass solution. I had damaged the shit out of my clones putting them too long into the alcohol based dip rooting compounds because I did as their instructions said (sadly), and practically never got roots. Then I tried again with a quick dip technique, dipping fast into the alcohol (Vita Grow) root compound, then fast into water mixed with Life Cloning Solution (RX Green Solutions), dunked cubes in RX, and had great results. When the damaged ones finally rooted (above the dip site) they'd been yellowed and stressed to shit and also attacked by mites... I sprayed the mites away and let em sit and they grew new shoots but the damaged lower parts never got better until I gave then gave them some axiom. Right when i was about to tear em off, they green up again. Go figure.

Don't feel bad I fucked some shit up with this stuff a couple times. I finally talked to a plant molecular biologist (well starting sleeping with her, now married....lol....) and I understand it now. But yah, I had a couple bad reactions with Harpin. At the time I was such a newb I barely understood how to calibrate my ph pen. I mean the way it works is pretty high tech and how it affects signaling pathways is very tricky shit. I mean just the fact that it will kill some plants and improve yields by 30-40% on others tells you how unpredictable it is. I have been fascinated by this stuff for years. It acts a lot like if you make a very strong alfalfa extract and get a good foliar spray and root drench. Tremendous boosts. Same as what I have seen with synthetic Triacontanol.

So, here is probably a lot of my opinions that you didn't ask for but I thought a reply about my experiences over the past 3-4 years might give you some insight on what happened.

First off, I love it. I get great results, yield wise, and it makes growing a lot easier. Especially organically. I think it also has an unknown effect on root growth. Every time I spray Axiom I follow up with a compost tea heavy with Alfalfa and right before I apply the tea I add some high P bat shit.

I definitely don't think it's bad. I think the company might be. They have never been very forthcoming with information. I emailed back and forth with these people for three months before they would admit that spraying during flowering might not be a good idea.

So, Like I said, I have been using Harpin since it was first released....it was just the alpha Harpin Protein, now it's gone through several different iterations of licensing and changing of companies and sources. Pain in the fucking ass keeping up with where it was going next all this time. Now they have what is called the Alpha AND Beta protein combination, which has made it even more potent.

See, the problem is that there is not a uniform response with all plant species. It will fuck an Orchid up, but take away scap rust in hundreds of apple orchards in Virginia.....from what I have read. Anyway, now it's been tweaked out and is now two proteins, the alpha and beta and is even more sensitive and they didn't even warn about the sensitivity to begin with....back then it was hard to find. It was in the UK and that's how I was getting it, snuck out of a commercial grower over there. My take on it is that they still can't really understand the unpredictability between species with this stuff. It's been used successfully by NASA so it can't be all that bad.

I hope I don't sound like a shill. I think the company whored itself out to Hydrofarm. I hate buying it. Can't wait to finish some of my own testing on other stuff that does the same thing, but also boosts resin and huge root growth.

This shit is a very first version of what will be the future of agriculture, which is controlling signaling pathways inside a plant whenever they choose. Harpin is a naturally occurring signaling system and it activates a couple parts of SAR (systemic acquired resistance) which involves a whole lot of stuff they don't understand. Shit, they just now found out that endophytic bacteria are a normal symbiosis that has existed for eons.

So: If you have some left and a cannabis plant to experiment with, I always keep a few around, you migh want to try the way I use it.
So, there are times to NOT use Axiom ( or Harpin, there are other sources, other names). If you have any insect problem, fix it or forget the Axiom. On cannabis, for Axiom, your plant needs to be in excellent health. No stress at all for the most part. I mean a slight N deficiency will not hurt you, but any big stress, or a lot of small stresses, insects, nute deficiency...etc. Use your judgment. Also, the more active the plant is in it's daily cycle the better the response. So if you are not on 24/7, I would wait until the plants morning time, and about an hour after turning on lights and a really good watering, spray it every so lightly. Like it was cologne. After that, if you try it again, you can start ramping it up if you want. Oh, and I have never used it unless I have started at a very early point, like right after rooting. I tell my friends who use it that it has never seemed to do anything for me if waited until the last of veg to use it.

I can see from the pics above that you (more than likely) sprayed too much and went past the tipping point, and there is one that exists with this shit, and induced a shitload of stress on your plant. I can't see the original post but I hope they weren't something rare.

I think this company is taking advantage of the MJ community by whoring up with Hydrofarm, and not giving out instructions that this is a technically advanced product, not some fermented alfalfa. When I say any stress I include flowering. So even though your definition might be different from me, I feel that flowering is although not technically "stress" it is a heavy load and signaling methods are similar that are utilized during flowering and when a plant is under some types of stress. So I spray three times. When my clones get about six nodes, and very very lightly. For 40 plants I barely use 2-3 cups at this stage. Although they only have 6-7 nodes, I FIM early, six nodes for me is very bushy. I just want to emphasize that just a light light mist is required. I dilute the remainder by half and give as many root drenches as I can.

I spray again, (if the plant is healthy) at about a week after real Veg starts. By then you will see how much of an effect this stuff will have, and can play around with it if you want.

I spray one more time about one week after flip it's not that critical, but never past stretch. Some strains might like it, I breed, half assed, and a buddy that was coming out of the service and had been stationed in Alaska brought me a "real" (supposedly) Alaskan MTF so I crossed it with my really old Deathstar and I came out with what I call John Riggins 2.0 after the running back for the Redskins in the 80s. He was a beast, could take anything, just like these. So I have been able to spray the Axiom on that strain all the way through flower with no hermies. I did that with OG Ghost and...........well I did get plenty of seeds. So I guess you get my point. Massive hermies. I have never seen so many and I have seen some fucked up shit. One guy sprayed like a 30% or

Okay, the other thing is that I found that pushing some nutes a few days in advance, is helpful. I just foliar spray my own mix which is basically Fulvic acid a low NPK high micronutrient type spray, plus to ensure maximum plant uptake use any good surfactant and get your humidity up to around 65% (this expands leaf guard cells, their sides expand and are convex and creates slippage spots for spray to get through) to enhance cuticle and stomata penetration of spray. Maxicrop and Sticky are fine.

Okay, about three days after the foliar, the night or day before give your plants a mist. Just to remove any remainders from the micronute spray, depending on what you use. Now the Axiom.....so when you spray that shit, you spray light. I mean like just a couple squeezes from a mister for a big plant, a small plant, such as the above pics, I can't tell you how little that needs to just hit the tops of the leaves.

So, yeah the company sucks, in my opinion, as far as how they are breaking into the Cannabis industry. They have two technologies that work, one is called Myconate, it enhances Mycorrhizae inoculation. There are better and free ways to do this. Axiom, yes it's a good product (my opinion) but since the are whoring themselves to Hydrofarm and focusing on exploiting cannabis growers, the fuckers should admit that you have to be very careful. Hell, imagine a person investing all they have into a setup, for profit, and assumes that Hydrofarm has some standards of protection, and says "Hey great, kills insects, increases PSynthesis....give me ten!"

He goes home and sprays light spray, which to me is just to runoff, on his OG Ghost clones that have a slight mite infestation. For the rest of his grow he could (and is likely) to be fighting problems that can't be identified. It's induced stress and it cannot be reversed. In my experience. Well, I did get one back to normal after two months. Just because I had room though.

I wrote a dissertation. Maybe this thread will get going I would like to hear of others responses and experiences since they finally bribed Hydrofarm to let them in. Oh, this company also sells a root form or seed treatment that uses this technology in a "different" way. I get a great enough root explosion, especially on my hydro setup, when I just use this stuff on the first treatment.

Anyway, I hope you don't take this as me butting in and trying to deter your message. I am not known on here, I hang on The Farm mostly, so I apologize if you feel I am detracting from your warning or intruding on your thread. I think I have relayed my own opinion as to how dangerous it can be when used improperly, through lack of detailed instructions, to cannabis growers. The company is not interested in anything from cannabis growers except a cash influx to cover their expansion with new product lines in the industrial scale agriculture sector.

The preferred way to use RX's Axiom is to spray while lights are on. You only need a light spray "No Run Off, on the leaf" just a light mist.
This stuff works amazing, the science behind it is amazing. one packet usually will cover about a 3,000 sqft grow space in my experience.
Resin productions increases after using this product.if your plants are in the switch phase it's great too, they'll grow more uniform like.

Hello gow too shop waer you bay ask many back fuck. ...
For spider mite bro UK eBay onlyThe executioner spider mite terminator(vitality ) no problem with root zon no problem with nating
Onli problem havent spider mite hhhhhhhaaaaa

this definitly looks like light burn . the axiom product is amazing it works awsome just got a package of samples sent from these guys and they were awsome they gave me all sorts of stuff . although i never use a new product at full strength and since the harpin prtiens can not be saved i use a half dose foliar feed and man results over night . i just got there beneficial microbes called root and i am excited to try it if there is anywhere as good as the axiom we r gold . ONE THING TO REMEMBER WHEN USING A UNKNOWN PRODUCT ALWAYS CUT STRENGTH IN HALF ATLEAST FROM RECOMENDED DOSE AND FOLIAR FEEDS NEED TO BE DONE 10 MINS BEFORE LIGHTS OUT!!! also never foliar feed new products no matter what they say deep into flower cycle always use in veg and early bloom . when trying further in flower try with only one of your ladies not your whole garden so you dont lose everything you have if it goes bad . sorry for your lose but its not the axiom its the hordiculturist

I'm a corn/soybean farmer and this "Axiom" is the same product that we use called "N-Hibit" as a seed treatment and "ProAct Foliar" for post application. I was doing some research and found that "Axiom" is 391% higher priced than what is used in the ag market for corn/soybeans, and it's the same exact active ingredient at the same 1% active. We can purchase it in 10 oz and 20 oz packets for $14.80/oz. I can tell you we see huge bumps in yield, especially when it's applied as a seed treatment.

I'm a corn/soybean farmer and this "Axiom" is the same product that we use called "N-Hibit" as a seed treatment and "ProAct Foliar" for post application. I was doing some research and found that "Axiom" is 391% higher priced than what is used in the ag market for corn/soybeans, and it's the same exact active ingredient at the same 1% active. We can purchase it in 10 oz and 20 oz packets for $14.80/oz. I can tell you we see huge bumps in yield, especially when it's applied as a seed treatment.

Good to know and thanks for sharing... I just got a sample packet with some #2 nursery pots I ordered on line and was looking around for how to use. Glad I read this thread, and thanks Mr Twister3 for the tip.

I have a question... you mention "especially when it's applied as a seed treatment" - can you describe how you use it for a seed treatment please??

Have you tried any kelp or seaweed products as "seed treatment"??

You clearly dicked something up. Sprayed with lights on or mixed it way too hot. You said you used 3 oz of the stuff... It sounds like you mixed it way too hot

Back
Top Bottom