Axis' First Time Grow! White Widow Under 220W LED - 2014

aXis

Hey everyone! Well I am a first time grower that has been studying how to grow and cultivate my own home grown Marijuana for years now. I am no expert and I am sharing my journey and hoping for some real experts to give me some tips whenever I can get them!

Okay to begin, I am just posting this about 7 weeks into my grow from seed. So I'll have a lot of random pics that I took for my own view unknowing that I will want to create a grow journal now. Basics include: I am running a DWC with a reservoir chiller (68 degress all day 'erry day) and is in an enclosed locker.

1 WW Feminized seed White Widow Strain Information - Leafly

From what I understand this hybrid's genetic make-up usually comprises of 60/40 % (Indica/Sativa). Also, I kept her in Veg for 7 weeks and she is on Day 3 of Flowering (June 21 was first day of flowering).

I germinated in a germination dome w/ heat mat and a 6400k 125w CFL light. From there she was under the same light for about 4 weeks total and then I received my 220w Solar Flare light from California Light Works. California Light Works SolarFlare 220W LED Grow Light

With all that gorgeous light we will be having some glorious buds! With glorious buds come what? Yes, dank ass odor! So sitting snuggly up top I have a 190 CFM fan that is linked with a 16 inch activated carbon filter. Inside air temps are always around 74-82 degrees. It is still a work in process with new things popping into my imagination. Next I am thinking of making a scrog screen, but unsure if I need it at this point. Okay enough rambling let me get some pics up...

My Cab
IMG_20140206_200131.jpg

Veg'n
IMG_20140606_210053.jpg

IMG_20140206_200145.jpg

Filter
IMG_20140206_200227.jpg

LED time during Veg
IMG_20140614_081224.jpg
IMG_20140613_083642.jpg
IMG_20140615_164154.jpg
IMG_20140612_110611.jpg
IMG_20140613_083655.jpg
IMG_20140614_081157.jpg
IMG_20140616_091530.jpg
IMG_20140623_212022.jpg
IMG_20140618_084700.jpg
IMG_20140618_084651.jpg
IMG_20140618_230645.jpg
Snapchat-20140623051528.jpg
Snapchat-20140623091910.jpg
IMG_20140623_212028.jpg

Okay I forgot to discuss my medium and reservoir. I started it in a large 20-30 gal res because I thought my other seeds would get here in time to join in, but that never happened so I graduated her to a smaller 5 gal bucket. I have two air stones in the bucket along with my digital thermometer and using some Moondust as a fert. No, I have no clue how well this works because this is my first grow and the nuts were free. Also i started germinating in a starter plug and then transplanted it to the clay pebbles and DWC. Any questions or tips please let me know :D

Smoke strong!

PH meter to make sure everything is within the parameters of hydro growing. Plants won't take up nutrients with to high or to low PH. It's my understanding that PH is usually the biggest issue when deficiency's happen. Find some hydro growers and they'll help you further I'm not all that experienced myself. Just getting ready to harvest my first grow next week.

PH meter to make sure everything is within the parameters of hydro growing. Plants won't take up nutrients with to high or to low PH. It's my understanding that PH is usually the biggest issue when deficiency's happen. Find some hydro growers and they'll help you further I'm not all that experienced myself. Just getting ready to harvest my first grow next week.

Chinnubie I am not sure I understand your post but I am going to take a shot at it and assume you are curious about my Res' PH level and TDS since I havent covered it yet. If not please let me know and thanks for feedback!

My TDS levels atm stay at 1100 ppm and my PH stays at 5.8. RH is 20% and Ambient Air temp is 75, water temp is 67-68 deg F.

Hello and welcome axis! You grow is looking great! I have some white widow beans stored that i will try soon also. So i do have a few questions.

When did you raise your ppm to 1100? Is she taking the nutes good? Im asking because if you are only in day 3 of flower i believe your ppm should be around for Early Blooming 750 to 950. Im curious because im on Day 6 of flower and my ppm is only around 650 ppm and shes loving it!

Another question which of the solarflare spectrum did you get?

And i see you said your RH is 20 percent. Should that be higher or is this just the RH of the room and you cant control it? Early bloom should be around 40-60 percent i believe. please correct me if im wrong.

How are those moondust ferts? Ive heard really bad things and some good things about it.

Last question lol... What reservoir chiller do you have? I need one also.

Keep up the good work!!!

Hello and welcome axis! You grow is looking great! I have some white widow beans stored that i will try soon also. So i do have a few questions.

When did you raise your ppm to 1100? Is she taking the nutes good? Im asking because if you are only in day 3 of flower i believe your ppm should be around for Early Blooming 750 to 950. Im curious because im on Day 6 of flower and my ppm is only around 650 ppm and shes loving it!

Another question which of the solarflare spectrum did you get?

And i see you said your RH is 20 percent. Should that be higher or is this just the RH of the room and you cant control it? Early bloom should be around 40-60 percent i believe. please correct me if im wrong.

How are those moondust ferts? Ive heard really bad things and some good things about it.

Last question lol... What reservoir chiller do you have? I need one also.

Keep up the good work!!!

Hey HunterNitro, thanks for the questions. Let me see, i raised the PPM's gradually over the past two weeks. Now I am not saying the PPM lvls mine r at are the only way to grow but it is what I read, basically start around 1k ppm at flowering, then you may increase as the grow time lengthens. I have no issues with nute burn or w/e. The one issue I did encounter is Cal/Mag dificiency. But I have my order coming in and should be here tomorrow so I can remedy that. I use Reverse osmosis water so I learned that I should add cal n mag to it since it is void of it.

The solar flare I have is the Full Spectrum model. 44 5w Diodes and they work wonders.

My RH is low 20-30% usually due to them being in flower and anything over 35-40% is dangerous due to allowing mold to take hold easier than when you are at a lower RH %. I read that anywhere under 50% is good for bloom, but i shoot for max 30% RH. Conversely, during veg you want that RH high. The higher the better during veg. Pun intended... lol

Moondust I read both good and bad, but i gotta try em out :p

Awesome!!! Thanks for the response aXis! Yea im slowly raising my PPM also. Ill be at 750 today when i refill my reservoir! My plant is about 1 week younger than yours. i only vegged her 4 weeks then started flower. This should be fun we are on around same day flower! Ill keep up with your journal and maybe we can help each other out!

I also need to order some cal/mag. I just raised my pH from 5.8 to 5.9-6.0 so my plant can start taking some mag in. Im using botanicare nutes and it has mag in it so i believe my pH might have been a little to low to take it in. Mag uptake starts at around 6.0 pH in hydro. I have a few lower leaves with brown spots on them. I initially thought it was nute burn but it wasnt.

Im very interested in LED lighting... Im about to order a tent and need some lights and dont want to go HPS. Im thinking about going with our sponsor Top LED. Still doing my research!

Thanks for the input on RH.. I do remember reading about veg around 60 percent and bloom under 50 percent because of possible mold! We def dont want that... Im hoping i can keep around 20-40 once she starts flowering.

Come check out my journal since we are on about the same stage :thumb:

Papaya - CFL - Stealth - DWC - Hydro Grow Journal

And again :goodjob: :cheer:

nice DIY closet and nice led light. looks like you have plenty of room in that cabinet

Well she looks Wonderful this morning, not much change except I noticed some Brown spots on some fan leaves. My cal/mag nuts should be coming in today so i will be keeping an update on the spots until I get my cal/mag.

I wanted to show my girl's stem and nodes. What do you all think of the spacing and the fat strong nodes?

IMG_20140624_222825.jpg

:cheer:

IMG_20140624_222540.jpg

Here's a shot of the roots.

IMG_20140625_152046.jpg

That can for sure mess up your plant and slow growth! Are you running any beanies in your reservoir? You cant spray it with anything. Its root rot. Your water level should only be around 1 inch from your net pot. I had the same problem and i had to order some Aquashield. It fights off the bad bacteria. Some people might say use hydrogen peroxide but the advice i would give you is NOT TO DO IT! That will kill the good and bad and you will be right back where u started. You need some beanies in there. There is a recipe for a tea you can run on the forum if you search. Aquashield cured mine without all the other stuff. Im with aquashield 100%

Congratz on the Botanicare products! I truly love em! Be careful on raising the level to high. You only want it touch the netpot if you are using a huge netpot. From the pics it looks like u are using a 3 inch net pot? You only want it right under the netpot. If it sits in water you possibly could get Stem rot. You can give the best call on this just trying to help i like seeing everyone succeed! Can i ask why you have your plant in 2 net pots? :thumb:

Congratz on the Botanicare products! I truly love em! Be careful on raising the level to high. You only want it touch the netpot if you are using a huge netpot. From the pics it looks like u are using a 3 inch net pot? You only want it right under the netpot. If it sits in water you possibly could get Stem rot. You can give the best call on this just trying to help i like seeing everyone succeed! Can i ask why you have your plant in 2 net pots? :thumb:

Thanks man, I really started wondering if those Moondust nutes I got for free was worth a shit so went for some good stuff. From what i added Im sitting right at 1100 ppm and 5.8 ph atm. Sitting around 9-10 inches @ canopy level. Im glad you told me that but I was lucky to have filled it to about 1 cm under the net pot. I have it in two net pots because my hydroton clap pebbles are pretty small and fall through the net pot by itself, so i just get em crossed when two are overlapping :p Very observant, and thanks for the questions and advice dude.

Back
Top Bottom