Ayahuasca Purple - Barneys Farm LED Mars Hydro

Klovneposen

AYAHUASCA PURPLE Barneys farm

Pretty stupid name, nice mix of genetics.

Red river delta x Master kush

My setup

Pots - smartpots 26 lite/approx. 7 gallon
Soil - Biobizz light mix
Nutes - Biobizz line (no bioheaven) but the full line up besides that
Training - monster cropping and scrog
Light - 1 Mars II 400 (usage 165w -ish), 1 Mars 48x5 (usage 100w -ish) and 1 viparspectra (usage 120w -ish)
Size of grow room outside measures of closet 6ft - grow space is only about 5 ft.
Air in/out - Air in 2 pc fans intake. one 220v pc type fan and a small 12v dc pc
Air out bathroom fan 165m2. A small 15w Circulation fan for good overall airmovement
temp regulator connected to the 220v air intake and out take. 12v pc fan runs all 24 hours.
watering - with a 4 dripper system, so they get both top watering and bottom watering.

Cracked these two seeds back in late summer in my garden. They started flowering a bit at some point obviously - but we had a terrible weather at the time, so i put them under some weak led to reveg them, while finishing the current flowering plants at the time. I had some trouble for a while getting new soil. so they actually became quite rootbound and sick. They also got pretty tall. to fit them in my small veg room i but them back to having only six notes or so. kept the tops by making them into seedlings. Well finally i got that soil i replanted them and let them grow for a couple of weeks untill they bounced back - Did some scrog the last week of veg. and yes here we are.

My current grow in pictures from day one of flower up untill day 36

16982.jpg

day 1
9563.jpg

Day 9
111264.jpg

Day 11
21_2.jpg

Day 21
211031.jpg

Day 21
28_1.jpg

Day 28
28_2.jpg

Day28
36_1.jpg

Day 36
36152.jpg

Day 36

:Namaste:

A quick update from day 57 a couple of days ago.

They have started to get a bit more of purple in them these last days, and buds are getting real nice and dense in their structure.

I gave then second run of clean water last night. I think im gonna chop some of the top buds at day 63 (Wednesday) and give the rest of it a couple of extra days.

Sorry the close up bud shot came out a bit blurry, my phone seems to have a bit of a focusing issue at the moment.

57131.jpg

57_.jpg

57_2.jpg
57_1.jpg

AYAHUASCA PURPLE Barneys farm

Pretty stupid name, nice mix of genetics.

Red river delta x Master kush

My setup

Pots - smartpots 26 lite/approx. 7 gallon
Soil - Biobizz light mix
Nutes - Biobizz line (no bioheaven) but the full line up besides that
Training - monster cropping and scrog
Light - 1 Mars II 400 (usage 165w -ish), 1 Mars 48x5 (usage 100w -ish) and 1 viparspectra (usage 120w -ish)
Size of grow room outside measures of closet 6ft - grow space is only about 5 ft.
Air in/out - Air in 2 pc fans intake. one 220v pc type fan and a small 12v dc pc
Air out bathroom fan 165m2. A small 15w Circulation fan for good overall airmovement
temp regulator connected to the 220v air intake and out take. 12v pc fan runs all 24 hours.
watering - with a 4 dripper system, so they get both top watering and bottom watering.

Cracked these two seeds back in late summer in my garden. They started flowering a bit at some point obviously - but we had a terrible weather at the time, so i put them under some weak led to reveg them, while finishing the current flowering plants at the time. I had some trouble for a while getting new soil. so they actually became quite rootbound and sick. They also got pretty tall. to fit them in my small veg room i but them back to having only six notes or so. kept the tops by making them into seedlings. Well finally i got that soil i replanted them and let them grow for a couple of weeks untill they bounced back - Did some scrog the last week of veg. and yes here we are.

My current grow in pictures from day one of flower up untill day 36

16982.jpg

day 1
9563.jpg

Day 9
111264.jpg

Day 11
21_2.jpg

Day 21
211031.jpg

Day 21
28_1.jpg

Day 28
28_2.jpg

Day28
36_1.jpg

Day 36
36152.jpg

Day 36

Hi Klovneposen,

Do you think the reflector of on the base of the plants bring serious improvements? I m thinking of adding two 1 led light bar under my plants to have lights coming from the bottom as well but different articles say that if the plant is well trained (like yours obviously which are wonderful!) you won't get any gain blabla..... What do you think of it? Should I buy it? It would add 50watts consumption + maybe 2 degrees to my 25°C grow space

Flashmp3

Honestly i mostly made it a day i was bored. i think the effect from the reflection is kindda limited but its just a bit easier to keep dead leafs from falling in the soil and risking any mold infections and such. Mostly i judt likes the look of it.

Regarding side light. i think those people are kindda right if you go for a short but wide spread canopy like this i think the site light will help but it will be kindda limited. the plants get so damn dense that its only the outskirts of the buds that will get any significant gain by it.

Like i wrote in my last post im gonna trim the top buds in a couple of days and then harvest the rest a bit later on these two. I think if thats the grow style one uses. those extra watts on site lights would be better to put in bigger top panel at some point. but if money are limited sitelights are probably still better than no sitelight for a somewhat limited gain in yield. but the extra + degrees given with those sitelight could maybe also help in an over all gain if your grow sits mostly at 25 degrees. i keep my temp control set at turning on at 28 degrees shuts down at 27.

if you have a really tall grow room and plenty of grow space vertically. sidelights would maybe be a good idea. it would probably give you a way taller but still pretty damn dense type of top colas, being that the sitelights will supplement the penetration from your top lighting. But i would not put it at the base of the plant more dead straight pointing out towards the mid height of the canopy maybe. if putting it at the base of the plants most light will be distributed the the undersite of leafs were there is no or very limited chloroplasts to make use of the light.

Its a taste and preference thing mixed with the type of grow room one have one hands i would say.

You could check out my hazeberry and goldmine journal. thats two different plants trained different one like these one and one with a sidelight added.

Good day to you m8

Flashmp3

Honestly i mostly made it a day i was bored. i think the effect from the reflection is kindda limited but its just a bit easier to keep dead leafs from falling in the soil and risking any mold infections and such. Mostly i judt likes the look of it.

Regarding side light. i think those people are kindda right if you go for a short but wide spread canopy like this i think the site light will help but it will be kindda limited. the plants get so damn dense that its only the outskirts of the buds that will get any significant gain by it.

Like i wrote in my last post im gonna trim the top buds in a couple of days and then harvest the rest a bit later on these two. I think if thats the grow style one uses. those extra watts on site lights would be better to put in bigger top panel at some point. but if money are limited sitelights are probably still better than no sitelight for a somewhat limited gain in yield. but the extra + degrees given with those sitelight could maybe also help in an over all gain if your grow sits mostly at 25 degrees. i keep my temp control set at turning on at 28 degrees shuts down at 27.

if you have a really tall grow room and plenty of grow space vertically. sidelights would maybe be a good idea. it would probably give you a way taller but still pretty damn dense type of top colas, being that the sitelights will supplement the penetration from your top lighting. But i would not put it at the base of the plant more dead straight pointing out towards the mid height of the canopy maybe

Its a taste and preference thing mixed with the type of grow room one have one hands i would say.

You could check out my hazeberry and goldmine journal. thats two different plants trained different one like these one and one with a sidelight added.

Good day to you m8

Thanks for your input. I won't buy the back lighting stuff then. I m looking forward to your dry weight. I m also curious to see how much the remaining harvest buds will grow. I ve seen a lot people harvesting in multiple day and it seems the most efficient way to get as many quality yields as possible. Go have a look at my grow. I need some insights about 13/11 flowering period

No problem we are all here to share the inputs and experiences we gain while growing.

about the upcoming yield. i think if i could have done one thing different with this grow it should have vegged just for one more week before flipping. But it was a first time go at this strain so it was kindda hard to pin point the degree of stretch they would undergo during flowering. Next grow will be one Blue berry one berry bomb and one of these if got going now. so there i will get a bit more height on the colas, when i don't have to do so much spread to even out my canopy.

never used 13/11 as flower period actually but im pretty sure that if the plants get well into their 12/12 before going to 13/11 it will be fine. maybe i should try it on the next run. and i will go check your journal.

Harvest time

so after 24 hours of darkness except the two minutes i took to take a couple of pictures last night. i spend some time harvesting today.

62-7.jpg

62120.jpg

62_1.jpg

62-5.jpg

I left a little on the two plants gonna give it a week or so. a single feeding today and then a flush or two before pulling it.

63harvest4.jpg

I pulled a total of 894 g trimmed bud of them today - hoping the rest on the plants will put me around the good site of 1000g.

63harvest.jpg

63harvest3.jpg

some of the small lower nugs

63-harvest2.jpg

So now im just awaiting the dry weight results in a couple of weeks.

Hine sight - should have vegged them a week more and gained a better yield, they did not stretch as much as i thought in the first couple of weeks of flowering.
Next ones will get a bit more vertical growth to them.

Maintaining the plants were pretty easy. i went easy on them the first week or two of flower with the grow nutes, due to someones experience with them being kindda N sensitive. but when i went full standard dosage later in bloom they took well to it.

So today i cut the rest of the plants. it could have gone some days longer and puffed up the last small popcorn buds a bit maybe. But i need to get on with the blue berry and berry bomb grow they are starting to grow out of the veg closet soon.

Well the total wet weight from the two plants came in at exactly 1156g so i am expecting about 250-260g dry. the test bud i cut and fast dried two days before harvest was at 9g and when dried the weight got devided by 4,5 approximately. and ended up giving 2g, so from that calculation i will expect the 250-260g total.

The bigger of the two plants (the one i got re-potted about 1,5-2 weeks before the other) gave me 636g

The other plant came in at 518g

These results i could use last week when trying for the i do not know what number of times, to explain a friend how to optimize the yield by giving his veg cycle a bit more time, instead of him rushing things in his HPS setup. i think he got the idea. I would love trying to do it again with to clones at some point instead of two seeds to get a more steady result regarding vegtime vs. yield. Perhaps when i find a bigger closet for my veg area i would try it.

both seemed about equally strong, fast growing and healthy when i started flower only difference was the short head start give
n to one of them. so even tho it was two different seeds with a bit of variation in genetics - it gives a pretty descent idea of vegetative-length on the grow and yield to present to my some what confused friend :)

The first 890g i cut, have dried 6 days now, i will give them to more days in my drying closet then i will put them in the fridge to cure for the rest of it.

The next plants have been repotted and are ready to go.

Berry Bomb - Bomb seeds (Left)
Ayahuasca Purple - Barneys farm (middle)
Blueberry - Dutch Passion (right)

The middle one is a cutting taken from the last plants, the other two are grown from seed. I think they will be vegging for two or three weeks more before flippiing to 12/12.

20180212_185805.jpg

The next plants have been repotted and are ready to go.

The middle one is a cutting taken from the last plants, the other two are grown from seed. I think they will be vegging for two or three weeks more before flippiing to 12/12.

20180212_185805.jpg

Congratulations on your harvest!
Have you got an idea how many g/true wattage you pulled out?
I am starting to grow a blueberry too, subbing for the run

Congratulations on your harvest!
Have you got an idea how many g/true wattage you pulled out?
I am starting to grow a blueberry too, subbing for the run

its about 260/360 0,72g pr watt but i had plenty of vertical space left on the Aya purples and i think the blueberry stretch or the lack of it is much like theirs. so give it a week or to more it will up the yield for sure. these three ones im gonna get a bit more virtical growth before flipping to 12/12.

Final dry weight on the two Ayahuasca Purple from Barneys farm came in at 256g or 9oz

Here are the next run two weeks after transplanting them to the smartpots and under the bigger lights, untill i put them in my bloom closet, they vegged under 2x25 watt panels with are installed in my small 2,5x1,5 vegging closet. I will give them 24 hours dark when starting flower then three days with 10 hours light then flipping back to 12/12. hopefully these three plants will get more vertical growth, due to me not having to tie them down and train them as much as the two previous ones, to get a full canopy. I am defoliating big time a couple of times per week at this point. and taking a leaf here and there now and then when some of them are blocking out good bud sites.

they are still placed like this

so here is finally an update on the Berrybomb, ayahuasca purple and blueberry grow. I have had a hard time with the new design of 420, so not using it that much - must be getting old and hardheaded i guess.

well a picture at the first day of week 8.
from the left it is Berrybomb, ayahuasca purple and blueberry.

i got tree seedlings of the same strains going in the small veg closet. for the next round of flowering i am going to place the berrybomb (left) in the middle under the stongest panel for a more even canopy.

(sorry for the bad quality of the photo. My phone had a meltdown so i am using an older model)

All caught up!. Youve confirmed it for me.. im gonna try ayahuasca purple soon. But yer very good work. Buds look dense as hell
yeah it has some pretty dense buds not the tallest you'll ever see but some really dense and fat ones. One thing i like with these plants is that they produce solid rocks all they way down more or less. you won't see many of those airy popcornbuds in it. and they get absolutely coated in frosting under the LEDs

thanks for stopping by.

Back
Top Bottom