AZ: Sun City Grandma Advocates For Medical Marijuana

Robert Celt

A Valley grandmother has become an unexpected advocate for a controversial cause.

After years of pain from a shoulder injury, Tamar Meyers, 67, and her husband moved to Arizona because of the medical marijuana laws.

"It's been a game changer for me because my pain levels had been reduced so much," Meyers said.

She's now able to tend to her garden, ride around in her golf car and trying to play a new instrument.

"It's just a harp," Meyers said. "Just like the one you're going to get when you go to heaven but I'm not cuz I don't want to go to heaven with a bunch of knuckleheads who think they're going."

Meyers is one of about 92,000 Arizona patients who consumed more than 19 tons of cannabis last year by either smoking, eating or in Meyer's case, vaping.

She started using medical marijuana last year and is one of 645 people in Sun City to have a medical marijuana card.

Meyers is now trying to spread the word that marijuana isn't the drug she thought it was.

"I'd never smoked marijuana before and really had no idea it would help and I was desperate," Meyers said.

She said that some people her age think there's a stigma surrounding medical marijuana but Meyers believes they should give it a try.

Meyers not only vapes medical marijuana but also makes edibles, like medical marijuana brownies.

"It'll take two hours and I never worry about getting fat," Meyers said. "Or getting the munchies because two hours from now it'll be supper time."

Meyers.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: AZ: Sun City Grandma Advocates For Medical Marijuana
Author: David Baker
Photo Credit: KPHO/KTVK

Back
Top Bottom