Azadirachtin during flowering?

keith1975

Im having a big of a meltdown because i sprayed “Azadirachtin” on my flowering plants. They have been flowering for 2 weeks. This is the product i used:

Bioneem

The problem is that I read this:

What Is Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome? Heal The Mind With Information To Cure The Body Of Dis-Ease. (Part 5) - Colorado Cannabis Tours and 420 Hotels

Essentially its saying neem is bad. There are other places where neem is even more frowned upon:

Is neem oil treated marijuana safe to smoke?

Hard to tell how old this information is.

1. Can i spray Azadirachtin on my flowering crop?
2. If not, and i just did, can i limit the damage and save the crop?
3. Any other ideas around Azadirachtin as a pesticide and making sure i use it correctly, if i should even be using it at all?

Is that the same as neem oil? Neem shouldn't be used in flower, particularly after buds start forming. If it's available I would go with Spinosad.

Its similar to neem oil yes.
I can get Spinosad, no problem. But what do I do about my last spray? Is my crop ruined or can i just avoid another spray and i should be fine? Or should i maybe spray witv water and a bit of soap in to get the neem oil off?

Its 2AM so i cant do that much. So for now, i just sprayed plain water over the plants and kept the fans on them like always. Hopefully this will get some of the bioneem off. When i wake up i’ll try to use a hose and then basically wash the plants each day. Really hope this doesnt affect my grow. :(

I’ll try to get spinosad in the meantime because my bug problem is probably not going away.

I left the bioneem on the photos. I only washed the autoflowers that are actually flowering right now. The buds arent that big yet. Here’s the biggest:

5B7691AB-C12C-44A5-8031-C156E957CBD7.jpeg

newty had luck with isopropyl alcohol and water. She used 99% iso mixed 1 part iso to 10 parts water. I've tried that with 70% iso but it didn't work for me, so the higher % must be better. If you give it a shot, spot test it on a lower leaf and see how the plant takes it.

Spray it every other day from underneath if the plant shows no ill effects.

I have had success with 70% isopropyl alcohol. I mixed 60% water and 40% alcohol and sprayed a spider mite-infested plant every day for a week before chop. It kept the mites at bay and didn't seem to damage the plant or affect the quality of the smoke.

Aside from the spray nematodes will kill whatever is growing in your soil. Sprinkle diatomaceous earth on your top soil to kill anything moving on it. Hang sticky tape to kill the flyers. You have to have a multi pronged approach. Best of luck.

:nomo::ciao:

PS: You can always wash the whole thing when you harvest. bud washing

Back
Top Bottom