B.I.D.'s Mysterious 8.0 Featuring? Come See If You Dare!

well bar im not about to risk another crop to these lights they have not produced as well as even cfl's did for me back in my beginning days they are squeaking and diodes burning out ! id say thats enough for me to go whimpering back to any other light! i sure hope everyone else using them do much better than i have , so yeah i guess you could say that im taking them down and will use something else, sorry to say i really wanted them to be the best ever and now i am thinking how much $ i wasted on electric to run them, 780 watts for what looks like maybe a couple oz

Man, that's a bummer biggy. It's good to know there are LED options out there that have developed very positive track records, and that you have more meds growing.

well guys im impressed how fast news travels i went to tell dave about the lights and had an email from him he knows all about it before i could say a word, so i told him its up to him if he want to do anything about the lights , im really bummed i might get 2-3 oz out of 9 blue dreams, and the 4 autos are twigs with nothing on them after i took the fan leaves, this is the lowest yeild i think i have ever had, is it the lights? i dont know for sure but i dont know what to blame, so i'll just blame myself, one way or another it is my fault, the grape 13 looks a bit better im really hoping it is my savior but as nice as it looks the buds are very loose and not solid at all even the main cola, the gsc looks bad too, so i'll know soon, im calling it over except a final post of weights and pics, sorry to let everybody down

Well, it's obviously more of a let-down for you man, but ridiculously low yields would push me out of growing if I ran 8+ plants and got <5 zips. Like a plant whose mortality has been jeopardized and given another chance...you'll bounce back even stronger, no doubt.

I have 3 of the 4 module and 1 of the 2
2 have been run with progamer all 4 power supplies have died in both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the 3rd and 2piece has never had the controler even connected works fine.
just a theory.
The programer/controler is the weak link /design flaw
after lights on another burn out on an already replaced unit
and looking the insides over maybe a added fan to the power supplies?

Sorry to hear about the troubles BID.
it is a bummer but its the risk you run as a tester, the next one is in the works, im not mad or anything, a bit disapointed at yield but like i said thats a risk i know im taking everytime, my tolerance is low so i can limp by till my next "giant" harvest (i hope) , from what i hear /read the new igrow gen 2 lights are much better in par,spectrum and run cooler so with there already being a new generation im thinking my whole test and review are a moot point im reviewing lights no longer offered lol or soon to be no longer offered if i were you guys id make sure you ask for the gen 2 lights icemud has 3 new lights and a new journal all about them, for me im gonna bow out of any future i-grow deals sponsorship's and such there just not for me im not fond of any "cob" lights i think the standard way they are made with 3,5 and 10 watt diodes spaced is actually hitting its stride, i dont feel theres any noticeable benefit to the color spectrum control beyond it being hella cool to humans, i dont see the sun glowing blue or cardinal red its a nice mix of them all i wanna see a light match the suns spectrum exactly and then be able to dim for sunset/sunrise (maybe) hats my dream led perfect match to the suns spectrum and as much umol/par as possible i think that would be the end of the "led wars" lol, i thank everybody that hung in there during this test, im sure the company will warranty the lights but i'll do a few more posts about that as i hear back and the final weights and the we'll file this in completed
:high-five::thanks::thanks::thanks: I :love::420:

well guys im impressed how fast news travels i went to tell dave about the lights and had an email from him he knows all about it before i could say a word, so i told him its up to him if he want to do anything about the lights , im really bummed i might get 2-3 oz out of 9 blue dreams, and the 4 autos are twigs with nothing on them after i took the fan leaves, this is the lowest yeild i think i have ever had, is it the lights? i dont know for sure but i dont know what to blame, so i'll just blame myself, one way or another it is my fault, the grape 13 looks a bit better im really hoping it is my savior but as nice as it looks the buds are very loose and not solid at all even the main cola, the gsc looks bad too, so i'll know soon, im calling it over except a final post of weights and pics, sorry to let everybody down

Let us down? F that! You have done a lot of folks a favor.

Thanks BID
:rocker:
You ROCK!

PS It might lighten your heart to see what the Budmaster II is doing to a TT #1... I posted a couple pics

Bummer on the results BID.

Whenever you make something more complicated, this light has ALOT more components then a 'normal' panel, you are more prone to failures.

One of the reasons I am wondering if the whole idea of 'fancy' light patterns, beyond on or off lol, is really worth it. Cool idea, but is it really practical/necessary?

BID
Well after a very long and enjoyable conversation with David this is what I have to report. My gen 1 light will be replaced with a gen 2. He assures me that he is doing everything possible to make things right. It sounds like he really values his customers and will stop at nothing to make sure everyone is pleased. I know that your yield may not be anywhere close to what you want, but I do happen to know (when working properly) that the lights do work and are very capable of putting massive weight on plants. I have pics to show and tell if you like. If not you can always check them out in my journal. Keep your head up, we learn with every cycle. Sometimes it's the equipment sometimes its the human factor. I look forward to any of your upcoming journals.

I have 3 of the 4 module and 1 of the 2
2 have been run with progamer all 4 power supplies have died in both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the 3rd and 2piece has never had the controler even connected works fine.
just a theory.
The programer/controler is the weak link /design flaw
after lights on another burn out on an already replaced unit
and looking the insides over maybe a added fan to the power supplies?

Please keep us updated on this Lurch! Fascinating that your problems seem to be specific to using the controller. The whole reason I bought mine was to be able to dim it if needed, but now I'm thinking maybe if I need to, I'll just get a variac to dial down the power.

At any rate, the good thing is there are still several other journals running so we can see how those fare in comparison. I still think these are terrific lights, just experiencing some growing pains. :)

Please keep us updated on this Lurch! Fascinating that your problems seem to be specific to using the controller. The whole reason I bought mine was to be able to dim it if needed, but now I'm thinking maybe if I need to, I'll just get a variac to dial down the power.

At any rate, the good thing is there are still several other journals running so we can see how those fare in comparison. I still think these are terrific lights, just experiencing some growing pains. :)

I have spoken to David at great length and relayed some this info to him. I haven't run any of mine with the controller. I have had one power supply go out. I really believe its all heat related and not so much related to the controller. I agree that the lights work great. There are just some bugs to work out. The good news is David is standing tall behind his warranty. I have some massive plants growing under these panels and they are loving the lights.

I haven't had any issues with my 114's, YET... Also for the mentioned light from controller concerns, I took a piece of vinyl and wrapped it around the controller and duct taped it all around the vinyl. Created a sleeve that I can slide off and on to cover any light being emitted.

Back
Top Bottom