B.I.D.'s Revolution #9 1 Plant - 1 Light A Love Affair - Blue Dream - Mars II 400

Re: B.I.D.'S Revolution #9 1 plant,1 light A Love Affair (blue dream/marsII400)

cool :thumb:well cant imagine there being any comparison 1200 vs 400 :rofl: you win

LOL, that would mean I would have to get a minimum of 3 times as much smoke at end right?

Overall the concept of one light per plant somehow just makes since to me, especially when you consider the flexibility of the technology. For example, even with dimmable ballasts, if you had 5x5 space and wanted to light it with HID lighting, you would obviously go with a 1000W, not a combination of 400 Watters. But with LED the decision becomes more intriguing....

Do I want to grow one big plant and have a big ass panel?, or maybe 4 different strains so need 4 smaller panels at differing heights? Or two medium size panels, maybe a few smaller side panels thrown in?

to me it just seems more flexible.

O well just the random thoughts of a high as a kite thinker :tokin::yummy::peace:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Cool!

I just posted a pic of one of the blue dream cuts, 3 leaves and all!

Subbed sitting in the corner.
:peace:

If you sit in the corner all you have to talk to is Dirty Sanchez and he is not a conversationalist :cheesygrinsmiley:

If you sit in the corner all you have to talk to is Dirty Sanchez and he is not a conversationalist :cheesygrinsmiley:

Haha. Just watching the experts. By the way spent the last hour on your thread Buck great shots man!!

Da fuq? 3 pages and I just now found out about this? FFS, is there any punch left? cookies?

On the other hand, I get to watch another episode of "growing with BID"! :high-five:

Another one lol. I am here.
welcome and greetings bill :high-five:
this is relevant to my interests:)...subbed+ :Namaste::peace:
oh cool glad you like

LOL, that would mean I would have to get a minimum of 3 times as much smoke at end right?

Overall the concept of one light per plant somehow just makes since to me, especially when you consider the flexibility of the technology. For example, even with dimmable ballasts, if you had 5x5 space and wanted to light it with HID lighting, you would obviously go with a 1000W, not a combination of 400 Watters. But with LED the decision becomes more intriguing....

Do I want to grow one big plant and have a big ass panel?, or maybe 4 different strains so need 4 smaller panels at differing heights? Or two medium size panels, maybe a few smaller side panels thrown in?

to me it just seems more flexible.

O well just the random thoughts of a high as a kite thinker :tokin::yummy::peace:
wooooo ol gdp put me under the bed im so glad i found a j tube with a couple doobs i rolled months ago i love being a grower you always have some favorites stashed you forgot about, well 1200 vs 400 i rekon 3 times the weight could be figgerd but who knows till we do it to it and compare donkey dongs :rofl:

:cheesygrinsmiley: Cool!

I just posted a pic of one of the blue dream cuts, 3 leaves and all!
i'll be checkin it out
um why you been bad? lol but welcome all the same

hes called dirty for a reason that conical hat has been places i shudder to think, just dont pick up the soap if you drop it k?

Haha. Just watching the experts. By the way spent the last hour on your thread Buck great shots man!!

Da fuq? 3 pages and I just now found out about this? FFS, is there any punch left? cookies?

On the other hand, I get to watch another episode of "growing with BID"! :high-five:
lmao of course plenty of bean bags, green drink made daily with fresh trim, keif/butter cookies every night

Should the tomato cage rusting into the soil and Fe toxicity because of it be a concern?

Sub'd and that light looks amazing!

I would greatly appreciate if you could explain why her prior 'glr' experience would effect the flowering schedule? Don't chuckle if this is something obvious and i'm the only one who doesn't get it. Thanks.
well jam when a plant has been on glr for those uninformed its the gas lantern routine /superior lighting formula 12 hours light 5.5 dark 1 hour light 5.5 hours dark start over
12/5.5/1/5.5 it creates a build up of floral hormone so when a mature plant gets put into flower by easily removing the 1 hour light in the dark period plants are eager and show pistils aka start flowering much faster in as few as 4 days i have seen pistils explode a week is more common this is only one small advantage to glr research has been done proving it is superior to any other light method,some plants do go thru an adjustment period and will exibit some mutations in the leaves and or what looks to be flowering this is to be ignored the plant will return to normal and be grateful for the extended rest periods and time to grow roots, plants that do this are plants grown previously in other light plans like 18/6 etc.
hers an outline
Originally Posted by Twelve12
Update: Gas Lantern Routine - Week 4 completion

To recap the Gas Lantern Routine; basically it uses 12/12 photoperiod with 1hr on between the dark cycle for vegetative growth.

Goes like this.
12 hrs on
5.5 hrs off
1hr on
5.5 hrs off
repeat

Been running this light cycle for a month and the results are amazing. I would say this light cycle is superior to any other light cycle for vegetative growth.

For veg:
12-1 (Gas Lantern Routine) - Superior
15/9 - High
16/8 - High
18/6 - Middle
24/0 - Low

Pro:
Saves electricity (11hrs of saving from 24/0, 5hrs of saving from 18/6)
Promote healthy plants. Any deficiency it has the plant will be able to bounce back with new growth after adjustment is made.
Promote plants growth, 2x more than 18/6, and 3-4x more from 24/0
Cuttings will root much faster with thicker roots and more hairs
Clones under bloom (12/12) will induce flowering much sooner
Less on hours = less heat = stealth

Con:
Must have good ventilation if the tent is closed or the tent has to be left open for the 1hr on between the dark cycle.
Must have good odor control. Healthy plants produce more aroma even in veg.
Plants in small container may get root bound due to rapid growth

Some tips using GLR (theory):
Have the light on a timer so the on/off is consistent daily. Manual on/off may induce flowering.
Use mix light or MH. Try not to use just HPS. The spectrum from HPS may induce flowering even with the 1 hour on between the dark cycle.
For the 1 hour on use a cheap light source like Fluorescent light or CFL instead of using HID light. Have it on a separate timer only turn on 1hr between the dark cycle and have the HID light set at 12/12. Normally with any other light cycle the ballast is turned on once in 24hrs, with GLR it turned on twice. This may shorten the lifespan of the ballast and bulb. If you decided to run Fluo/CFL then make sure the tent is well lid any shaded area or area left in the dark may induce flowering. The 1 hour on between dark cycle help destroy floral hormone, lack of light will not be able to destroy the hormone and will send your plants in bloom.

I'm very impressed by the results from GLR. I give this light cycle a passing grade:

A+

You're safe to run this light cycle if you want. I'm using this exclusively for all clones/seedling/and plants in vegetative growth.

Should the tomato cage rusting into the soil and Fe toxicity because of it be a concern?

Sub'd and that light looks amazing!
nah im not worried lol nothing i can do about it that old glavanized mater cage has been helping my girls inside and out for a decade never had any problems thanks for asking and i'll keep an eye out this will be over in 8 weeks tops then i'll clearcoat the old cage again been a few yrs, im hoping to break all my single plant and 400watt hps records with that little gem of a light! i already know this gal will be uber frosty and this cut of blue dream is a big yielder !:thumb::rocker:

ok im not one to name things i mean to eat or consume but since she has been around so long and its just her in there im compelled to let you guys name her ,i have been calling her the "bag lady" due to being the only one living in a shopping bag but im open to suggestions you wanna name her? put it up and i'll go with what we seem to like the most lets decide Saturday
i'll start with offering 2
1.bag lady
2.betty

well jam when a plant has been on glr for those uninformed its the gas lantern routine /superior lighting formula 12 hours light 5.5 dark 1 hour light 5.5 hours dark start over
12/5.5/1/5.5 it creates a build up of floral hormone so when a mature plant gets put into flower by easily removing the 1 hour light in the dark period plants are eager and show pistils aka start flowering much faster in as few as 4 days i have seen pistils explode a week is more common this is only one small advantage to glr research has been done proving it is superior to any other light method,some plants do go thru an adjustment period and will exibit some mutations in the leaves and or what looks to be flowering this is to be ignored the plant will return to normal and be grateful for the extended rest periods and time to grow roots, plants that do this are plants grown previously in other light plans like 18/6 etc.
hers an outline

Very Facinating information, i didnt know what that meant either, So do you use the Gas Lantern Routine for all your seedling, clones as well? And do you have great results with it as well?

I've come across threads using GLR and have always wondered; when someone uses a technique or substance that proves to work well, why doesn't everybody do this. Why do the plants respond positively to something that is so unnatural; unless in the past, there was a supernova explosion in the night sky every night.
I like to name my girls; usually after famous hot celebrities, ie Kate Upton; sometimes they don't look to hot, ie Amy Winehouse.

Back
Top Bottom