B.I.D.'s Revolution #9 1 Plant - 1 Light A Love Affair - Blue Dream - Mars II 400

Re: B.I.D.'S Revolution #9 1 plant,1 light A Love Affair (blue dream/marsII400)

Very Facinating information, i didnt know what that meant either, So do you use the Gas Lantern Routine for all your seedling, clones as well? And do you have great results with it as well?
i have used glr on eveything for a couple years now until the testing phase started with the i-gro loghts and grudgingly did 18/6 for the veg period i dont like it as well and the plants seem stressed but im done with it and will be going back to glr in fact the kids vegging now under the budmaster are glr now:rocker:

I've come across threads using GLR and have always wondered; when someone uses a technique or substance that proves to work well, why doesn't everybody do this. Why do the plants respond positively to something that is so unnatural; unless in the past, there was a supernova explosion in the night sky every night.
I like to name my girls; usually after famous hot celebrities, ie Kate Upton; sometimes they don't look to hot, ie Amy Winehouse.
i think the reason alot of ppl dont use glr is old habits die hard,as well as some ppl have blamed glr for problems that had nothing to do with it, . its not as un natural as 18/6 or god forbid 24/0 see no where on earth where cannabis grows naturally does the sun shine for 18 hours straight that hour of light is a safeguard to make sure the floral hormone is low enough that they dont flower, but in nature there is alot more ambient light from the moon, stars, etc than a pitch black tent/room, let me put up another article that explains it in greater detail

The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis
By Daniel Boughen

Observing Natural Cycles

During the course of my observations growing cannabis, I have noticed that factors such as clone burn-out seem to suggest that overexposure to light is adversely affecting the hormonal balance of the growing plants and causing the genetics of the cuts and seedlings to degrade over the course of several generations. Cannabis seems quite happy when the hormones are allowed to properly build up more during a natural outdoor vegetative cycle, and this may contribute to more balanced levels of THC and CBD, resulting in a more positive response to triggering, and better-quality medicinal cannabis being grown.

I turn to the conditions of nature to find the solution, and in a natural model, I can see that from the point of view of the plants, the sun gradually moves past, casting sunbeams and shadows of objects and trees in front, beside, and behind the plant successively across photo surfaces during the course of the day. This clearly shows that in the natural environment, the play of light and shadow are significant to the natural progress of the plant.

Even in a northern climate, there is no such thing as 18 hours of direct and intense lighting anywhere to be found, and most areas where the summer is short, the lighting is no longer than 16 hours in total.

During a recent discussion with other growers, we rediscovered a rumored century-old technique that proves that the direct and intense application of light for longer than necessary can be more stressful to the plant than previously known, and could even degrade the plant’s genetic strength.

Now that cannabis growers are starting to grow specifically for medicines, the health of the plant needs to be properly considered so that the full natural potential of the plant can be realized and the fullest expression of the plant’s medicines be produced. The margin for error is becoming smaller as the mistakes of the past are revealed and medicinally specific growing is gaining importance.

The Old Cash Cropping Method

The commonly used cash cropping method of cannabis cultivation wastes energy. People use this method by rote, since they simply don’t know what the real requirements of the plants are. It is stressful to the hormonal systems of cannabis, and not necessary to produce fully healthy and productive plants. It does not recognize that overexposure to light is harmful to the plants, and so they underperform in terms of taste, yield, quality, and potency of the medicine, or require supercharged fertilizers to reach their potential. It is surprising that these techniques are used with profits in mind, since they are clearly expensive and counterproductive.

The Gas Lantern Routine

This information will seem quite revolutionary to growers who have been using the standard cycles to produce cannabis, seemingly with little or no trouble at all. Actually, in a grow that more closely mimics the outdoor growing environment under indoor lighting conditions, the plants may be maintained in vegetative cycle using only a total of 13 hours of light daily, which dramatically reduces the cost of production.

The less is more approach of the Gas Lantern Routine provides the growing plant with adequate darkness to promote health, and by inserting a full hour of light in the center of the dark period, the plants are tricked, and neither flower nor express hermaphrodites. The growing plants get more than the average amount of rest, thus reducing stress, and improving plant yield, overall performance, and medicinal quality.

Seedlings and Cuttings

The Gas Lantern Routine is applicable in seedling phases of plant growth. As stated before, nowhere in nature does the springtime ever provide an 18-hour photosynthesis length; rather, the growing spring light may in fact be 12 hours or less. Lighting for seedlings and cuttings needs to be bright, but compact fluorescent or T5 lighting may be used while in the seedling phase. Rooted mature cuttings can immediately light with HID lighting.

The Vegetative Schedule

This method is quite simple: 12 hours of light, followed by five and one half hours of darkness, a single hour of light exactly, and then a second period of five and one half hours of darkness. Placing a full hour of light in the very center of a 12-hour dark period tricks the plant and interrupts the buildup up of sensitive floral hormones, which would normally trigger flowering by destroying them. The grower simply raises the plants to the desired size before switching to the fall schedule to bloom.

Using this method, vegetative duration may be also reduced, and with a shorter growth cycle comes more frequent and better production. Vegetative cycles can be shortened by one to two weeks, and flowering may also be shortened a week or more using this method in con- junction with a diminishing light schedule.

For patients growing their own medicine or for compassionate cannabis providers, production turnover may be increased from four to five crops per year or more using rotation, and power consumption can be reduced even further by the use of high-intensity fluorescent lighting during vegetation, and overall, power consumption savings can be 50 percent or more.

The Flowering Schedule

Plants that have been grown up using the Gas Lantern Routine are now supercharged with floral hormones, and ready to go into flower with the slightest provocation. The interruption of the dark period has been destroying enough of the naturally building hormones to keep the plant from expressing sex, and the well-rested plant now has plenty of stored nutrients and energy to finish its life cycle and flower. Triggering the plants is essentially just a matter of removing the interrupting light period, so the plants may now experience the full buildup of hormones that will trigger blooming.

In keeping with providing all the correct organic biological and environmental needs of the plant, the diminishing fall schedule should be employed to take full advantage of the hormonal preparation created by using the Gas Lantern Routine. The diminishing hours of light in nature trigger acceleration in the production of hormones in the plant, making it flower with increasing speed and power.

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule

The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week.

The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits.
When the Gas Lantern Routine and Diminishing Light Schedule are used together, they create healthier, more naturally robust plants. These important and historical botanical techniques are soon going to become very important techniques in the coming years as medicinal cannabis research continues to advance. When viewed from cost of production, organics, and medicinal needs, the methods currently being promoted can be seen counter to the interests of growing healthy plants. Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers.

GLR fan here, however I am about 50/50 on seeing hairs sooner.

half my grows seem to be a little late showing hairs 14-21 days, and some show between 7-10 days.

I think the determining factor has been longer veg, faster hairs show.

BID

you do the fem seed thing if I remember.

I just did my first try and I do have very mature dark seeds.

I pollinated a WW clone (from female seeds) and used female pollen from her sister clone to knock her up.
Can I assume the seeds would all produce plants that for the most part are alike?
Or can I expect a lot of variations and different phenos like normal regular seed pollination would produce?

I also pollinated a few other plants, so lets say I pollinated a Cheese with fem pollen from the same WW plant.
Will I get all sorts of phenos since I am mixing strains?

GLR fan here, however I am about 50/50 on seeing hairs sooner.

half my grows seem to be a little late showing hairs 14-21 days, and some show between 7-10 days.

I think the determining factor has been longer veg, faster hairs show.

BID

you do the fem seed thing if I remember.

I just did my first try and I do have very mature dark seeds.

I pollinated a WW clone (from female seeds) and used female pollen from her sister clone to knock her up.
Can I assume the seeds would all produce plants that for the most part are alike?
Or can I expect a lot of variations and different phenos like normal regular seed pollination would produce?

I also pollinated a few other plants, so lets say I pollinated a Cheese with fem pollen from the same WW plant.
Will I get all sorts of phenos since I am mixing strains?
when i have grown out selfed seed i get pretty much a consistent clone like plant, when making crosses theres more variance but not near as much as crossing with true males but remember when you cross say a ww with a cheese this is an f1 and it will be a pretty consistent untill you cross them again for f2 thats when you get wild variance of phenotypes that f1 cross can be repeated any time you want more seed providing you still have the parents,this is a practice done by seed breeders looking to skip all the work of stabilizing a new cross,just rebreed the parents for a another batch of f1 beans sucks for growers that want to breed that strain because when they breed sister to brother f2 and f3 will be all over the place with pheno and genotypes depending on how different the f1 parents were, hope that helps

:popcorn:

when i have grown out selfed seed i get pretty much a consistent clone like plant, when making crosses theres more variance but not near as much as crossing with true males but remember when you cross say a ww with a cheese this is an f1 and it will be a pretty consistent untill you cross them again for f2 thats when you get wild variance of phenotypes that f1 cross can be repeated any time you want more seed providing you still have the parents,this is a practice done by seed breeders looking to skip all the work of stabilizing a new cross,just rebreed the parents for a another batch of f1 beans sucks for growers that want to breed that strain because when they breed sister to brother f2 and f3 will be all over the place with pheno and genotypes depending on how different the f1 parents were, hope that helps
Wow! Great stuff! Thankyou!! :)

Hey bid this sounds like your having some fun:) what final weight are you going for? Best of buds to you sir:)

Wow! Great stuff! Thankyou!! :)
you bet!! :thumb:

Hey bid this sounds like your having some fun:) what final weight are you going for? Best of buds to you sir:)
hmm i honestly had not thought about that, umm well 1 gram per watt would be like 180 gm so lets see if it will do that. sound good?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

love all the names so far gang! kep em coming :rocker:

I'd call her MILF- mother I'd love to flower:)

180 sounds like a plan:)

subscribed

bag milf... does dirty Sanchez :cheesygrinsmiley:

I am not that big on naming individual plants but i like names on strains, so my choice is Blue Dream #1 :)

BID, + reps for CA MG comment on KJC thread, it seems as if most I trust have concluded that the plants need more CAMG under LEd then HPS.

Back
Top Bottom