B0rk Takes 2 RDWC: Green Crack & Blue Dream: LED

When I came up with the method of quadlining I thought about leaving those first nodes on (the very bottom ones) to see if they would do anything (or make 6 mains instead of 4) and I just found they never produced well or just plain got in the way. This is why I have always taught people to just get rid of all but 4 mains early on and let it focus it's energy to just those instead of splitting it 6 ways. Maybe you'll have a different experience and that is the joy of growing! Will be interesting to see.

I never tried quadlining but experienced what you re saying in my previous grows. The very bottom never produce anything interesting. In this grow I also realized that I won't top to 4th node anymore as in ALL my plants (2 different strains) the branches around stay short and didn't develop like they are when topping on third node

You may find that training them this way doesn't require a scrog net but if you want to put one on it then have at it! Snaps are no biggie and if you aren't sure a little duct tape works as a good band aid. Most of the time in hydro they heal up super quick though.

that's what I've seen.. just have to brace them. I also have found I use the scrog more as a support than anything else. these tops get HEAVY I may just use tie ups rather than a scrog.. seeing as that's all that really is needed.. support more than tucking ;p

Looking forward to the following of this grow! Good job!

After letting things grow for a this past few days I've noticed my problem.. the PC's are slipping.. so.. to prevent that I taped around and pressed to make a better bond.. then taped over that to hold down.. they've held for a good 3hrs.. a side from the GC which popped off due to me being VERY aggressive with her bending =/ she'll be aight.. It's my show.. not hers!

0920181638.jpg 0920181638a.jpg

Here is the before Blue.

0920181629.jpg

And her now in her place.

0920181637.jpg

And the Green before.

0920181629a.jpg

And After
0920181653a.jpg
0920181655.jpg

The 11and5oclock were the ones I was VERY aggressive bending.. they got away from me the past two days so I had to bend them more than most would probably do.. the main bend was mid way where they were held down but grew upwards and I didn't see thru the foliage.

Here is a closeup of the top of the plant and my frankenstein top.. lol.. they two nodes are still fully functional as far as I can see.. so I'm letting them be.. I have 7 actual manifolds? from the main plant.. not sure where the 8th failed to sprout.. but das alright!

0920181653.jpg

I'm not a fan of this taping the PC's down.. but I am a fan of keeping the plant LOW for this first part.. it will make the tent much easier to manage when they stretch.

All for tonight now they recover and do what they do..

An idea came to me whilast I was working out today.. I've been racking my mind trying to figure a way to keep these suckers tied down.. and then it hit me! these 3M decoration holders! volia. instant solution. I had to use some bigger ones on the Green as the branch is putting up some resistance and is still popping them up.. but I think I was able to control it.. will check in a few and make sure.. may need to add a few more. here's the before.

0924181629.jpg

And after I defoiled the Blue..

blue1.jpg

And put her in her place!

blue2.jpg

Now onto the Green Crack.. he's a close up of the top.. oops! =P oh well she seems ok

0924181710.jpg

didn't get a photo of before I tied down but like the Blue.. the branches where vertical..
0924181708_HDR.jpg
0924181710_HDR.jpg

And them side by side.

0924181712.jpg

Hopefully these suckers stay down.. Now I know what I can use the next time! was going to install a mesh and then grommets and then this just works. =) Nothing new with the Res.. it's sitting at 970/5.8 and I'd say 38gallons with the whole system. I'll leave it be till the weekend and just add res water as needed if needed.

Attachments

• 0924181649_HDR.jpg
    0924181649_HDR.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 132
Nothing major today.. just pulled down a little..

0929181131.jpg

When I hear a crack =( One of the pipecleaners had indented the stalk on right most main stalk and snapped it.. hopefully she heals.. if not well lesson learned.. I think I'll let them now grow out after this.. they're not growing outward as fast as I thought they would.. but I've got enough side shoots to get a decent amount from what I see.. I also don't want to overcrowd this tent.. I'll give it another week and wee how they're growing ..

I also added 4g of plain z7 water to filler up.. was 940ppm now am around 830

here's a view of the crack.. I tied it up to support and to hopefully heal :)

0929181139.jpg

0929181143.jpg

So the broke branch is growing apart even though I tied it up.. sucker is relentless .. I'd say it's half healed and just ignoring it's top part where the crack is.. either way I decided to top the top off.. so it'll focus on the underside not the top growing.. (top the top not cut the whole branch! lets not go crazy now)

As with anything new.. it's a learning process.. and I am seeing how this method isn't going to do exactly what I had planned.. It'll 'work' just not as nicely shapped as I wanted. I need a more secure tie down method.. I'm thinking eyelets will be the route next time.

There was a leaf starting to dye due to no water.. but that's the only leaf so I'm not that worried. It's a learning process for what I need to do on the next one right! =)

1001181400_HDR.jpg
1001181400.jpg 1001181400a.jpg 1001181400b.jpg

1001181400c.jpg

I'll let them be till the weekend when I may do a defoal just to see what I'm dealing with..

I've let the plants grow untouched this whole past week.. I peeped in on them just to make sure nothing was off.. but they have grown nicely.. I want to put in some tiedowns but I'm just going to scrog this in the end.

1007181845.jpg

And then... defolied

1007181905.jpg

This may be my last major defoil as Im on week 6 now.. I think it's time to start going to 12/12 next weekend.. I may do one more right before but I'll see how they handle this.

I also did a full res drain and did a Late growth feeding..
started with 930ppm/5.6

added 12g of new water and
12mL of z7
120mL Micro
120mL Gro
60mL Flower
60mL CaliMag

Which gave me a 1440 / 5.9 lowered it to 5.5 and now circulating it's around 1130/5.6

I also topped several of the nodes.. no real method to the madness.. just snipped snipped and snipped.. some of the larger ends. that will force the lower nodes to focus on doing what I need.. grow baby!

Popped in the SCROG this morning after seeing the shoots going straight up.. This will solve that problem.. and add additional support. I like how things are looking so I'll just flip over to flower this weekend I bet.. That'll put me at week 7 and I can see when the stretch happens it's going to be a tight fit.

1008181044.jpg
1008181054.jpg
1008181054a.jpg

Popped in the SCROG this morning after seeing the shoots going straight up.. This will solve that problem.. and add additional support. I like how things are looking so I'll just flip over to flower this weekend I bet.. That'll put me at week 7 and I can see when the stretch happens it's going to be a tight fit.

1008181044.jpg
1008181054.jpg
1008181054a.jpg
Net looks really solid. There was a time period on these forums where people were calling loose support nets Scrogs. I've seen some great scrog nets recently and yours fits the build. Your plants seem to be growing pretty rapidly now so should be exciting to see it fill out.

ya this scrog net setup has been with me from the start.. I have some missing points in the middle where I had a brace before but I may end up replacing the whole thing next time around

Today I woke up and there was gurgling.. the plants have drank the water down to the powerhead.. they were thirsty!

Res change it is! Started with 1160 and 5.0ph (didn't realize it was so low)
did a full drain and added 12g new might be 14g but I just went with 12g for the ratios
Added in
12mL z7
90mL of each Flora (I'm doing the transition to bloom)
60mL Cali
and 5mL of ph down which left me at

1310 | 5.8

Circulating I'm at 1210 | 5.6

tomorrow or sunday I will switch to 12 | 12 lighting and move forward with the bloom cycle.

Before tucking

1012181102.jpg

after

1012181104.jpg

I'm going to do one more defoil as well.. just feels like one more would do the trick on the fill in.

like with everything I do.. I never really have a plan.. today follows that.. I opened up the tent and wasn't going to touch then started tucking and trimming.. only to go.. well crap.. I should take a photo.. only to go..grrr... I already did the entire plant..

1017181624a.jpg

So that's the Blue done and tucked.. so a before on the green is that.. I took off most of the leaves covering things.. aka almost all the non top fan leaves. and now after I did the green

1017181634.jpg

and an underside

1017181635a.jpg

they look pitiful.. but I'm ok with that.. I can see they're not.. they have good structure to expand on.. and as I've experienced.. it's not really about what you can see.. it's what you can't.. hence my defoiling =)

I'm by no means an expert on this.. so don't hold me to this..

Along with this I also did a drain and redo of the res.. it was down prob 10 g's and well why not.. so after a complete drain and wash of the res.. I started with
1230ppm / 4.9ph (I really need to watch this i didn't see it dropped this low till today)
after drain and readd of 12-14g I was at 290 / 6.7ph
to that I did
12mL z7
90mL micro
30mL gro
120mL bloom
60mL calimag

which left me with a 1520/5.9
after circulating it was a 1490 / 6.2 ph. to which I have it down to a 5.7 now

Seeing how things will 'stretch' over the next wwek or two I'll debate doing any more defoil.. I may just trim rather than a large defoil. but I'm nothing by the book =)

like with everything I do.. I never really have a plan.. today follows that.. I opened up the tent and wasn't going to touch then started tucking and trimming.. only to go.. well crap.. I should take a photo.. only to go..grrr... I already did the entire plant..

1017181624a.jpg

So that's the Blue done and tucked.. so a before on the green is that.. I took off most of the leaves covering things.. aka almost all the non top fan leaves. and now after I did the green. At this point you

1017181634.jpg

and an underside

1017181635a.jpg

they look pitiful.. but I'm ok with that.. I can see they're not.. they have good structure to expand on.. and as I've experienced.. it's not really about what you can see.. it's what you can't.. hence my defoiling =)

I'm by no means an expert on this.. so don't hold me to this..

Along with this I also did a drain and redo of the res.. it was down prob 10 g's and well why not.. so after a complete drain and wash of the res.. I started with
1230ppm / 4.9ph (I really need to watch this i didn't see it dropped this low till today)
after drain and readd of 12-14g I was at 290 / 6.7ph
to that I did
12mL z7
90mL micro
30mL gro
120mL bloom
60mL calimag

which left me with a 1520/5.9
after circulating it was a 1490 / 6.2 ph. to which I have it down to a 5.7 now

Seeing how things will 'stretch' over the next wwek or two I'll debate doing any more defoil.. I may just trim rather than a large defoil. but I'm nothing by the book =)
They look great to me! Not pitiful at all. I think I'd just leave them now until they are done stretching. Honestly, they look great. This net will be really full soon and you are doing a stand up job sir!

Nothing changed this update.. just some updated photos.. Res is sitting at 1560 5.7 and down about 5 or 6 G's I'll give it more time before changing.

The canopy is taking shape but no sign of any real flower shapes..

IMG_20181022_192733.jpg
IMG_20181022_192743.jpg

I just noticed that the Water temp on my Chiller was 65 and the res says 72.. OOOOOPSSSSSs.... I forgot to open up the main Valve for the flow with recirculating from the pump.. res has been pumping into a wall for the past week. DRAT! lol.. luckily nothing major has happened.. now recir it's down 10g of water.. so am gonna circulate some and then do a res change and add in the same as I did a week ago..

Always something to screw up.. luckily having such large res's makes mistakes like this not that bad.. I'm just glad I didn't burn up the pump!

Nothing changed this update.. just some updated photos.. Res is sitting at 1560 5.7 and down about 5 or 6 G's I'll give it more time before changing.

The canopy is taking shape but no sign of any real flower shapes..

IMG_20181022_192733.jpg
IMG_20181022_192743.jpg
I'm just salivating over here. I know this is going to end up awesome! Will you be defoliating everything below the net?

I'm just salivating over here. I know this is going to end up awesome! Will you be defoliating everything below the net?

Probably not.. there is no room for me to get into it down there so I'll just let them hang.

IMG_20181026_094725.jpg

They're starting to get that flower top color I notice when the start to bloom. lighter in the tops. noticed some little flowers too (can kinda see them in the below) did another full change today.. Water was down almost 10g's (and I didn't forget to open the valve this time!)

Did a mid bloom feeding so a 90/30/150 of the flora. as well as the usual 60 of cali and 12 of each of the z7

circulating I'm at 1320 / 67º / 5.8. I want to defoil the leaves some to open them up to the lower blocked parts.. but my next few days are busy.. so I'm just going to let them set till sunday when I have a day off. All for now!

IMG_20181026_094603.jpg
IMG_20181026_094609.jpg
IMG_20181026_094620.jpg
IMG_20181026_094627.jpg

Back
Top Bottom