Babadook's Indoor Soil Gold Leaf & White Widow Grow Journal, First Grow, 2017

Babadook

What's up y'all. I'm a first-time grower and I'm starting this journal late in the game as I've already begun to flower, but it's my first time so I have a lot of questions, especially now that I'm flowering.
Current set up:

2x4x5 grow tent
Yield Lab 400W MH/HPS w/ air cooled hood
6 inch inline fan/carbon filter
Digital thermometer/humidity indicator
Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil
General Hydroponics Nutrients
6 inch oscillating fan
5 gal. smart pots

3 plants: 2 Gold Leaf and 1 White Widow -germinated two of each but one white widow didn't survive after sprouting because my cat ate its head. My fault for leaving it out, but it all worked out as my tent is now PACKED.

Vegging felt so simple- water your plants and keep them alive. I used LST to keep my plants low, especially in my small grow space, and to hopefully maximize my yield especially after losing my 4th plant.

Vegged for ~9 weeks before switching to flower, and it's been about a month since I switched them.
A couple weeks ago they had a near death experience- due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn't able to water them for nearly a week...and when I checked on them my heart sank because they were so completely wilted, half the leaves were yellow, I thought there was no way they'd survive. I basically just drowned them in water that day and they drank it all up and bounced back surprisingly well. Had to prune the shit out of them after because of the dead/dying leaves but ultimately they looked great- pretty much looked like I lollipopped 'em, and now they're thriving again.

But now that I'm starting to see some buds I'm getting a little intimidated- don't want to muck it up at this stage, especially after all that. Still strugglin' to find that sweet spot for nutes, but I've been checking the pH and it's currently about 6.5-7. Take a look- Any input, advice, feedback whatever would be appreciated! Peace everyone (and yeah I know my thermometer is in a weird spot...I just hung it up on some rope on a whim when I first got it and I'm too lazy to move it now...lol).

IMG_52616.jpg
IMG_525911.jpg
IMG_525812.jpg
IMG_51807.jpg

Vegged for ~9 weeks before switching to flower, and it's been about a month since I switched them.
A couple weeks ago they had a near death experience- due to unforeseen circumstances I wasn't able to water them for nearly a week...and when I checked on them my heart sank because they were so completely wilted, half the leaves were yellow, I thought there was no way they'd survive. I basically just drowned them in water that day and they drank it all up and bounced back surprisingly well. Had to prune the shit out of them after because of the dead/dying leaves but ultimately they looked great- pretty much looked like I lollipopped 'em, and now they're thriving again.

Still strugglin' to find that sweet spot for nutes, but I've been checking the pH and it's currently about 6.5-7.

Whatsup Babadook, I think your ladies are looking good! Really all you can do during flower is pay attention to her and make sure she has everything she needs. You should know what the approximate flowering time is so as it gets closer to it, the more anxious you're gonna get :laughtwo: Mine just finished its 7th week of flower and is nearing harvest and I'm so worried that I'm gonna harvest too late into flower. Good first guess is using the pistils to gauge ripeness, but they say the most reliable way is to use the trichomes.

You got this buddy :)

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom