BABI - Effin' Effeminate Surprise: Seed To Harvest Soil Grow

Dabeast09

Hello wonderful people!
I am happy that you've joined me in my second grow!

My first grow is not yet finished, and the journal is still ongoing, but I wanted to create a separate log for this one.

I am more of a visual guy, among many writer-growers here that write just marvelous. I'll chip in with my visuals, and let the comprehensive writing be done by more gifted writers. lucky for my self esteem I'm a gifted visual story teller :)

I'll mention what seems important to me, please fell the out most free to ask anything. I'm very candid, if didn't mention something is only cause it skipped my mind, or I'm just high haha

Unlike my first journal, this one starts at real time (almost). I'll try and get less emotional lol.
-------—————————————-------

I named it when it was laying on my kitchen table dry as they come :)
It is a feminized seed that came in a mix of ten best strains of this seed bank. I just picked up the biggest darkest the baggie had.

Decided to skip the paper towel and put this baby straight into soil.
We don't have here your fancy FF soils with the fish and worms and the whatnot :laughtwo:
So I use soil from a local hydro store. Different kind then last time. I loved it, I hope this one will do as good. If not it's out and I'll get the old kind.

Still have my BioNova ferts and nuts so using it. Using mycorhizal fungi as well. Mixed with the soil in the pot.

The pot? This is where you guys gonna probably hate it but it done already! Haha.
I planted it in a cute little gless jar. Its lovely im telling you.
I just want to see the roots grow, plus what a challenge watering that with no drain holes. It's an art!
(I plan on driilin one other glass jar I like, sameish size. If successful I'll repot. But I'm up for the challenge, going to water it with a syringe for tight control of hydration there.

This jar in my balcony at daytime and in my veg place at night. In my veg place I also try growing hot peppers for my dad, he's addicted to this shit haha.

Well, I guess that is the most text you'll get out of me in this thread, I'll let the pics talk for their selves, we must have patience. Long way ahead.

Thank you for reading :love:

20210222_103959.jpg

20210222_104011.jpg

Hello wonderful people!
I am happy that you've joined me in my second grow!

My first grow is not yet finished, and the journal is still ongoing, but I wanted to create a separate log for this one.

I am more of a visual guy, among many writer-growers here that write just marvelous. I'll chip in with my visuals, and let the comprehensive writing be done by more gifted writers. lucky for my self esteem I'm a gifted visual story teller :)

I'll mention what seems important to me, please fell the out most free to ask anything. I'm very candid, if didn't mention something is only cause it skipped my mind, or I'm just high haha

Unlike my first journal, this one starts at real time (almost). I'll try and get less emotional lol.
-------—————————————-------

I named it when it was laying on my kitchen table dry as they come :)
It is a feminized seed that came in a mix of ten best strains of this seed bank. I just picked up the biggest darkest the baggie had.

Decided to skip the paper towel and put this baby straight into soil.
We don't have here your fancy FF soils with the fish and worms and the whatnot :laughtwo:
So I use soil from a local hydro store. Different kind then last time. I loved it, I hope this one will do as good. If not it's out and I'll get the old kind.

Still have my BioNova ferts and nuts so using it. Using mycorhizal fungi as well. Mixed with the soil in the pot.

The pot? This is where you guys gonna probably hate it but it done already! Haha.
I planted it in a cute little gless jar. Its lovely im telling you.
I just want to see the roots grow, plus what a challenge watering that with no drain holes. It's an art!
(I plan on driilin one other glass jar I like, sameish size. If successful I'll repot. But I'm up for the challenge, going to water it with a syringe for tight control of hydration there.

This jar in my balcony at daytime and in my veg place at night. In my veg place I also try growing hot peppers for my dad, he's addicted to this shit haha.

Well, I guess that is the most text you'll get out of me in this thread, I'll let the pics talk for their selves, we must have patience. Long way ahead.

Thank you for reading :love:

20210222_103959.jpg

20210222_104011.jpg
:popcorn:

SHE IS FAST!
Idk, the bagseeds were slower
At lest 24h slower to sprout.
Is this a telling of her future? I should hope so..
So nice growin a seedling knowing it's a she. First for me :)

20210223_110733.jpg

Edit: tbh the seed was put to ground a day before this thread

Sounds good Dab, look forward to her progress! That Recharge sounds good stuff altho not available in my neck of the woods.
Thanks bro, I left a bunch of it unmixed at the bottom, addition to what I've mixed.

20210223_122926.jpg

It's more the NZ Customs end where they can get a bit prissy about importing stuff like that.
Say I want to use it on my tomatoes? How dumb is this man

Say I want to use it on my tomatoes? How dumb is this man
It is hugely frustrating when orders are seized, not to mention off-putting. Currently I am in the middle of a grow so I don't want the added stress if any unwanted attention is made by my orders, I think the Recharge has some mention of of 420 in it's name or something if I'm remember correctly which doesn't look good at Customs, that's similar to a rosin press that appealed to me, but it was called 'nugsmasher' which is probably going to result in a seizure at the minimum. But I might look to chance an order in the 'off season' when the grow is all over.

Hey, @Dabeast09 good to be here!

Good luck with that girl's growth. What mycorrhizal inoculant is in the mix? Love the glass idea so you can see those roots as they form.

Also @Stunger I completely understand what you are saying. We have sent some orders to NZ before but we can't guarantee how long it'll take and if NZ customs will let it in. However, our product labeling does not contain cannabis-related text anywhere on its packaging and can also be used for crops other than cannabis. So if you are interested in purchasing some during the off-season shoot me a private message.

Happy Growing :peace:

I got a very valid question about my future up potting as the bootom is wider then the top. Very good question.
I plan on using these, and being careful.
I hope it'll go well.
16141737348213353851576267076972.jpg

I got a very valid question about my future up potting as the bootom is wider then the top. Very good question.
I plan on using these, and being careful.
I hope it'll go well.
16141737348213353851576267076972.jpg
Hey Beast those tools make me nervous. You might damage roots using those.
I can switch pots using just pressure no damage. Generally they are wider at top making it easier to pop out. Air pots just come apart zero root damage.

Hey Beast those tools make me nervous. You might damage roots using those.
I can switch pots using just pressure no damage. Generally they are wider at top making it easier to pop out. Air pots just come apart zero root damage.
But bill, the pot is glass...
Those tool are miniature, I think that if any damage will happen it will be of minimal effect on the girl

But bill, the pot is glass...
Those tool are miniature, I think that if any damage will happen it will be of minimal effect on the girl
My mistake sorry.

Glass jar = no bueno, you‘ve got zero drainage, plus it’s not just about drainage it’s also about getting oxygen to the roots. No matter how much you control the moisture there is zero air moving thru the soil.

Plus the shape alone is not good, yes it tapers from wide down to narrow as it should but the wide part is still smaller than the neck. I see the miniature tools but part of the upcan means not disturbing the rootball it’s so much easier to slide a solo cup off the rootball at time of first upcan

Weed roots love air but they do not like exposure to light, it’s why we use dark containers and not ones that are clear or translucent. Tender roots are whiteish or slightly yellow in color, to protect itself from sunlight a tree will grow a specialized skin or bark on any exposed roots. Weed does not build this protective coating on its roots, I suspect the roots will light prune themselves much similar to the air pruning that happens in fabric pots.

but I’m all in for experimentation so let’s get this party started

Back
Top Bottom