Baby Trees' Second Grow!

Pretty darn sure... I ran FF soil and nutes for at least a couple of years and still run their soils. If you don't flush, you ARE building up a lot of salt... a lot of it. Since you are giving so heavy of a dosage, every bit of nutrient that gets used leaves salt behind and everything that has not been used is sitting in your soil... if anything, those look like hungry plants. The problem is the salt, and salt lockouts are real. K and P are your macro nutrients right now and P is more dependent on the fungi to get it to the roots than K is... K depends on access to the roots, and the salt can block it. Its right there in big bold letters running up and down the chart... they sort of have emphasised your need to flush, and they even have a product to make it easier. But yeah, I'm sure... and I can see how you are getting around it by overloading the nutes, but trust me, some varieties wont be able to stand that.... and just imagine what it would look like right now if you were not giving extra? You have mitigated the damage somewhat... but there is an easier and better way. What's your beef with flushing, anyway? I always considered it just part of the process and planned and prepared for it.

Maybe it's the soil change, the SunGro soil I used last run had no issues, and I've just started upping the nutes I've only gone up 25% which is only the brink of what I'll be doing with this strain.
I have no beef with flushing it's just not something I think needs to be done as many times as FF suggests, I haven't been pushing very hard at all and this is the first sign of anything that's appeared.
Thanks for the information if it starts getting worse after a feed, I'll flush when it's my next water cycle. @Emilya

That's fair... experiment and react, that is how we learn. It really upped my game when I started flushing often, and toward the end I was flushing every time I did a major nutrient change, such as changing from any of the 3 solubles. I was really growing some fire there at the end, and I remain a big fan of Fox Farms... just not their prices. Good luck... let's see how it goes!

That's fair... experiment and react, that is how we learn. It really upped my game when I started flushing often, and toward the end I was flushing every time I did a major nutrient change, such as changing from any of the 3 solubles. I was really growing some fire there at the end, and I remain a big fan of Fox Farms... just not their prices. Good luck... let's see how it goes!
Yeah that's the plan thank you! They are costly but the powder lasts a long while it seems because you only use them a few weeks out of the entire grow each. , and $50 for the trio bottles on Amazon i can't complain with how profitable growing is! I have no problem trying to open the wallet to find plants happy spots with nutrients.
With the results from the first grow I will whole heartly say this product works, not only did my plant taste good everyone that's tried it says it's a different fruit it always makes me smile, but the high was extremely powerful as well.
Whilst I CANNOT say it is better than any other nutrients as I haven't used any other brands, these products for sure work.
Em, I also wanted to note, that defficency is only showing on a few top leaves, and only one 1 out of the two plants in the tent have any sign of issues.

Morning everyone!
Got my Seeds in today.
5x of the Gorilla Zkittles,
My free seeds they actually sent 5x of this time instead of 3 which was very surprising and welcomed since these seeds were $73 with shipping.
My free seeds are Auto flowers, they're Northern lights auto I'll figure out when I get back home which company they came from so I can find out their crosses and THC %, I've never grown autos but very pleased that I was able to get some without having to buy them myself, they will go in my veg room!
10 seeds for $73 is a very very good deal and a very quick purchase and ship time, he got them first class priority shipped in 2 days to me after he got my $$.
I love this company I get my seeds from.

Definitely something brewing with my big girl,
One plant is a very healthy shade of green whilst the other is going a lighter shade of green very noticeable on these lowers.
IMG_20200827_070129.jpg
IMG_20200827_070118.jpg

The more yellow one looks to have just a slight potassium deficiency and I think this and the yellowing indicates that she is hungry as compared to her sister. Some plants just get a better root hold than others and have the need for more feed than the rest. I would try upping the feed level just a bit on the yellow one... just to see what happens of course.
Interesting, thank ya.
Ive been feeding 1 gal for a while and upped to 1 1/4 last feed (25th of this month) to see if that was the issue when we discussed the defficency on her top leaves. I'll keep paying attention and see if I'll need to do another bump or if we caught it in time.
I believe I'll be doing a flush in a few days. with the larger plant regardless I'm thinking. I'm in 5 gal pot, but only water the gallonish typically should I do like 3 gallons of water to flush? I also do not have a flushing agent, just water not the like sledgehammer that's recommended should it be sufficient enough?

Flushing them to clear the cause of the deficiency is a good idea, but I still think hunger looking at the size of these monsters. But yes, I should have mentioned a flush being oftentimes a way to clear an early blockage in uptake, so good call. You have great instincts! 3 gallons is just going to start producing a good runoff in a 5 gallon container... a proper flush without sweetner would be 3x the container size, or 15 gallons. It is the movement of the water through the soil that washes the built up salts away, and it takes that much effort to get it to move. I used to carry my plants into the bathtub to pull this off and this is one of the primary reasons I moved to organic methods instead.

Flushing them to clear the cause of the deficiency is a good idea, but I still think hunger looking at the size of these monsters. But yes, I should have mentioned a flush being oftentimes a way to clear an early blockage in uptake, so good call. You have great instincts! 3 gallons is just going to start producing a good runoff in a 5 gallon container... a proper flush without sweetner would be 3x the container size, or 15 gallons. It is the movement of the water through the soil that washes the built up salts away, and it takes that much effort to get it to move. I used to carry my plants into the bathtub to pull this off and this is one of the primary reasons I moved to organic methods instead.

Haha thank ya but I can't take credit for the flush it was your idea with the upper leaf defficency! Ill have to think of how to flush her while in my tent it wasn't something I thought of when I tossed the trelis in as I let her soak up the run off typically, which is gonna be a no go if I'm trying to flush all that stuff out haha!

Also, with flushing all this water thru does the plant not get over watered and like stunted or something for a bit?
I do see the down side to synthetics if I'm going to have to make flushing a regular thing lmao!

Although there's positives and negatives to every style of growing we choose

Yeah honestly something like DWC sounds entertaining but it's also scary delving into another growing style especially one where I'd have to act as quickly as DWC without a very good grasp on defficencies. But its something ive been considering for some potential future grows.

thanks for the help Em!

Also, with flushing all this water thru does the plant not get over watered and like stunted or something for a bit?
I do see the down side to synthetics if I'm going to have to make flushing a regular thing lma
no, you can not stunt a plant by flushing it. The only way to overwater a plant is to water it too often. Pushing all this water through the soil ends you up with no more water in there than in any other watering you would do to the point of runoff... the soil can only hold a set amount of water before it runs off.

Plants smell amazing, very sticky and citrus smelling, removed some leaves and little bud sites that werent carrying their weight. I'm excited to see how these clones start looking when they fatten up.they definitely have a slightly different node spacing than last grow looking amazing though.
IMG_20200828_150443_03.jpg
IMG_20200828_150443_02.jpg
IMG_20200828_150443_01.jpg
IMG_20200828_145024.jpg

no, you can not stunt a plant by flushing it. The only way to overwater a plant is to water it too often. Pushing all this water through the soil ends you up with no more water in there than in any other watering you would do to the point of runoff... the soil can only hold a set amount of water before it runs off.
From what I understand what can stunt the plant is if the growing medium EC is not re-set after a flush.

Back
Top Bottom