Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

I'm so stoked to see you getting that light, game changer!

You and that light will take her to new levels, which she'll hopefully do back after harvest ;)
Im actually surprised to see how well this gal is doing (being only my 2nd ever grow) … once I got the seed sprouted and STARTED, its been smooth sailing for the most part (*knock on wood*) since then. And I’m learning, which is always a good thing!

2021-12-01 - Day 25

Tent temp: 75° F
Tent RH: 45%
Res temp: 67° F
PPM: 850 … steady
pH: 6.3 … rising … adjusted to 5.3
Water level: … falling.

Liv’s looking good (bar that one severely ugly/spotty fan leaf on the left). She’s a full 17” across and 5” high. Roots look beautiful (on small dark spot in the middle, but everything else is white). Tucked down the big fan leaves to under the other growth.

In the last pic you can see how she decided to grow sideways out of the rapid rooter.

She is looking so great! And yes what Stone said that's her talking to Mama....Onyx has one, too :) I think you are doing fabulous and Liv is just beautiful :green_heart:

Thanks Krissi - maybe your green goddess ways will rub off on me!

Is this where I will be seeing the FC 3000?
I’ll be having to start the new journal Sunday, but I’ll make sure to put the link to it both here and in my signature. I can’t wait! @Mars Hydro is so amazing to sponsor one such as me with such a beautiful and awesome light as the FC-3000!

Ur goin to love that light hands down it’s amazing how cool she run
If it runs cool that would be awesome … I might be able to bump the heat in the house up a bit then (except at night - I can NOT sleep above 67-68 degrees or it can trigger a migraine).

Yeah she super bright to be carful not to blind ur self lol
LOL - I still have my LED glasses I got when I got my blurple light; or I can just go get some rx sunglasses considering I need them anyway! ;)

If it runs cool that would be awesome … I might be able to bump the heat in the house up a bit then (except at night - I can NOT sleep above 67-68 degrees or it can trigger a migraine).
It does!!! I'm about to post a MH dedicated post about it specifically. Check it out if you like.

It does!!! I'm about to post a MH dedicated post about it specifically. Check it out if you like.
Will do!

2021-12-03 - Day 27

Tent temp: 72° F
Tent RH: 48%
Res temp: 69° F
PPM: 880 … steady
pH: 5.8 … rising … adjusted to 5.2
Water level: … falling … down about another quart or so

What can I say? i think she’s looking good; didnt seem to slow down from using the plant benders yesterday - they work remarkably well and while the angle *is* 90 degrees - its rounded so it doesnt put a sharp angle on the stem you’re bending down.

Its getting really full in there, had to tuck more of those big fan leaves down as far as I can - but doing that just doesn't seem to be opening up the inside any. Is that a concern at this point?

Here are her glamour shots from tonight:

Well THIS sucketh big time: got a delivery update from Fedex on my light: mow it wont be here until next THURSDAY! Freaking bummer *angry emoji* (we need one of those darn it!)

2021-12-03 - Day 27

Tent temp: 72° F
Tent RH: 48%
Res temp: 69° F
PPM: 880 … steady
pH: 5.8 … rising … adjusted to 5.2
Water level: … falling … down about another quart or so

What can I say? i think she’s looking good; didnt seem to slow down from using the plant benders yesterday - they work remarkably well and while the angle *is* 90 degrees - its rounded so it doesnt put a sharp angle on the stem you’re bending down.

Its getting really full in there, had to tuck more of those big fan leaves down as far as I can - but doing that just doesn't seem to be opening up the inside any. Is that a concern at this point?

Here are her glamour shots from tonight:

Why are you concerned about tucking fan leaves? So that your emerging bud sites get hit directly with light, yes? And you do that so they'll grow bigger, faster, and make bigger buds, yes? So here's a thought - you could try pulling some of the lower branches to the side, and pretty flat if you can. It's real easy, and real easy to secure with any number of things you can easily figure out. The fan leaves tend to grow right on top of the site below, I have found. They CAN be a pain. If you pulled out and changed the direction of the lower branches, not only do you move the branch, rather than the leaf, but accomplish the same thing - you also increase your yield cuz the new growth on those branches will grow upwards. The bending of the branches will give them strength, too.

Something to consider?

but doing that just doesn't seem to be opening up the inside any. Is that a concern at this point?
Excellent advice from @Jon on getting those branches (and then their branches) out into the open spaces- It'll be easier in 4 or 5 days, when the branches get a little longer- it's pretty tight in there right now- I call this the "cabbage" stage...

Why are you concerned about tucking fan leaves? So that your emerging bud sites get hit directly with light, yes? And you do that so they'll grow bigger, faster, and make bigger buds, yes? So here's a thought - you could try pulling some of the lower branches to the side, and pretty flat if you can. It's real easy, and real easy to secure with any number of things you can easily figure out. The fan leaves tend to grow right on top of the site below, I have found. They CAN be a pain. If you pulled out and changed the direction of the lower branches, not only do you move the branch, rather than the leaf, but accomplish the same thing - you also increase your yield cuz the new growth on those branches will grow upwards. The bending of the branches will give them strength, too.

Something to consider?
Excellent advice from @Jon on getting those branches (and then their branches) out into the open spaces- It'll be easier in 4 or 5 days, when the branches get a little longer- it's pretty tight in there right now- I call this the "cabbage" stage...
Jon always gives me good advice. But THAT is the problem: cabbage-like … cabbage stage sucks … *grumble grumble*

Jon always gives me good advice. But THAT is the problem: cabbage-like … cabbage stage sucks … *grumble grumble*
You will see that you will come to appreciate that cabbage state come harvest time. Only tight noded plants get like that. That's exactly what you want. Excellent work.

You will see that you will come to appreciate that cabbage state come harvest time. Only tight noded plants get like that. That's exactly what you want. Excellent work.
Ok - if you say so! Its funny cuz last night I was viewing the playback from my camera, and in less than 12 hours you could go from seeing clearly where I used the plant benders to it looking like I did nothing *lol*

Back
Top Bottom