Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

cjsbabygirl313

Inviting all, but specially those who have given me such a warm welcome here:
@MochaBud @StoneOtter @Cola Monster @Tokin Roll @bluter @charliewaffles @Bill284 @Rexer @Krissi1982 @sneekymofo @LKABudMan @Dr Fish (Sorry if I missed anyone!)

I know this is probably longer than anyone wants to read, but here goes:

About my gear:
  • Tent: Vivosun 36”x20”x62” mylar tent
  • Light: MaxBloom CREE 400w X4 COB 12-band full spectrum with UV & IR (24-0 light schedule)
  • Exhaust: Vivosun 203 CFM 4" Inline Duct Fan with 4" x 14” Vivosun carbon filter
  • Intake: Passive
  • Wrexat Seed Trays Seedling Starter Tray
  • Simple Deluxe 6"x8" 8W Reptile Heating Pad
  • General Hydroponics HGC728040 Dual Diaphragm Air Pump 320 GPH 4 Outlet (running 24-7 and kept outside of tent)
  • (2) 5-gallon DWC buckets
    • 8” netpot lids each
    • 6” drip ring each
    • (2) 4” air-stones each
    • Clay hydroton
  • Blue Labs PH and EC pens
  • Govee Bluetooth Digital Hygrometer
  • Jiusion 40x to 1000x Magnification Endoscope and Jiusion Wireless WiFi Box
  • Warm steam vaporizer to add humidity (when needed)
  • (2) 6” fans for additional air circulation
  • Distilled Water (using this because I have well water which isn't the best)
  • Low-stress training (planned) using Plant Benders
NUTRIENTS
  • Mr. Mucha Stache cal/mag
  • Botanicare CNS17 Grow
  • Botanicare CNS17 Ripe
  • Botanicare Hydroguard
  • +Life
STRAIN FOR THIS GROW:
  • Mephisto Genetics Double Grape Fem Auto
  • # of Plants? Will pop (hopefully) 6 seeds but only the 2 best seedlings will go into the buckets
Strain info from Mephisto Genetics website
  • Genetic Heritage - Sour Stomper x Grape Crinkle
  • Size - 55 - 80 cm
  • Structure - Average Medium height but bushy
  • Indica/Sativa - 60/40
  • Cycle Time - 65 to 70 days from sprout
  • Average Yield - 90 to 140 grams from a single plant
  • Cannabinoids - 21.78% THC from a random flower tested by Canna, Independent tests have seen as high as 27.53% total cannabinoids.
The next post here will be when my seeds have popped and I will try to keep up with a daily post :Namaste:

The following are notes that I went back and pulled from my last grow. These are only my notes for quick reference and are not intended to be instructions for anyone else (but feel free to use if you wish)

PRE-GERMINATION

• Distill 1 gallon of water; verify that EC and PPM are at 0, and record PH. The following is seedling strength for nutes according to Botanicare.
  • Add 2ml of Cal/mag; should read:
    • EC: .2
    • PPM: 110
    • PH: 5.4
  • Add 7ml of CNS17 Grow; should read:
    • EC: .9
    • PPM: 430
    • PH: 5.5
  • Add 3ml Hydroguard and 1/16 tsp+life; EC, PPM and PH should still be the same.
  • Check in 24 hours to verify all stayed the same; adjust PH back down to 5.5 if necessary (only a drop or so needed!)
  • If all stays good, dilute that down 50% and use that strength to pre-soak rapid rooters in and use for watering seeds once they have popped
GERMINATION
  • Place seeds in warm water for 12 hours – seeds that sink are viable
  • Start soaking Rapid Rooters in seedling strength feeding solution
  • Lay paper towel in container with a lid, thoroughly dampen (not soak) the paper towel
  • Lay seeds on paper towel
  • Lay another paper towel on top and thoroughly dampen (not soak) the paper towel
  • Put lid on container and put container on heat mat at 78°
  • Check every 12 hours until sprouted with a decent tail
SPROUTED SEEDS
  • Split open a Rapid Rooter
  • Using tweezers, take seed from germination medium and lay in the Rapid Rooter, root down and seed near surface
  • Carefully close Rapid Rooter and put in greenhouse
  • Repeat for all sprouted seeds
  • Add greenhouse lid (close vent) and set on 80° heating mat under grow lights 36” from seedlings on 100% veg
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Keep Rapid Rooters moist, but not soaked
Once plants are up from the rooter and have some height, pull the humidity dome off and turn on the little mini fans in the tent for air circulation and to start strengthening the stems.

PPM FEEDING LEVELS
  • Seedlings (5 nodes or less) – 100 to 350
  • Early Veg Stage – 350 to 450
  • Full Veg Stage – 450 to 700
  • Early Bloom Stage – 750 to 950
  • Ripening Stage – 1000 to 1600
PH up and PPM down = plant feeding
PH and PPM stays as water level drops = sweet spot
PH down and PPM up = plant isn’t feeding

SEEDLING
  • Lights 24” from seedlings 50% veg
  • 70-80% humidity; 70-80°
  • Hand-water seedlings in tray until they have 2-3 nodes
  • When seedlings have 2-3 nodes and decent roots, place the rapid rooters into hydroton, turn drip ring on 15 minutes 3x/day until roots come through netpot
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7 m/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
VEGETATIVE STAGE
  • Lights 36” from plants 100% veg and 10% increase in bloom each week
  • Veg state: Lower RH 5% each week until 40-50% RH; 70-80° by day; 63-70° by night
  • Water should be slightly up netpot if roots are not through hydroton
  • Water should be just below netpot to no more than 1” below bottom of netpot when roots are through hydroton
  • Hydro PH should be between 5.5 and 6.4
  • Add straight PHd water (5.5) during week (no nutes)
  • At reservoir change (once/week) take mason jar of res water, add pinch +Life, pour back through hydroton
  • Snip off bad leaves to prevent plant wasting energy
  • Hotter tent temps may require dropping PPM
General feeding Guidelines
  • CNS17 Grow (50ppm/ml) 7ml/gallon (starting at 350ppm) until plants start to flower
  • Feeding Week 1
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 17ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 2
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 19ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 3
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 20 ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
FLOWERING STAGE
  • When pistils form, make note of date and move lights to about 14” from canopy
  • Flower state: 40-50% humidity 65-75° by day; 63-65° by night
  • 2 weeks before harvest drop RH to 30%
  • CNS17 Grow + CNS17 Ripe (50/50% mix) during first week of flower
  • CNS17 Grow + CNS17 Ripe (25/75% mix) during second week of flower; remove bottom 3rd of plant (all bud sites and leaves)
  • CNS17 Ripe (100%) week 3 until 1 week before harvest
  • Water should be ½ way down during last week of flower
  • Only PH’d water during last week of flower until harvest

Drying: 50% humidity 70°

Curing: 65% humidity 70°

Used General Hydroponics food partially in last grow
  • 3-part GH mixing for seedlings: 2:winkyface:2ml/gallon Micro, Bloom, Grow
  • Lucas GH mix: 2ml:4ml/gallon Micro, Bloom

Awesome start to tour first journal!!! Covered all the bases and then some! I am sure we are all looking very much forward to watching this grow with you, you have shown such excitement for it and have been asking all the right questions. Plus, I love your cookies. Good luck, I'll be here:popcorn:

Thanks for the invite @cjsbabygirl313!:thanks:
I'll be following along from way up in the cheap seats!:blunt:

Very detailed start, good job @cjsbabygirl313 .

Just wondering do you have a dehumidifier?

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
Never needed one @Tokin Roll - even though I live on the water my house is DESPERATELY dry unless we've had a long stretch of rain. Most of the time its a battle just to get the humidity to 60% in my house. Its usually like 25-30 RH alllll the time!

@MochaBud @StoneOtter @Cola Monster @Tokin Roll @bluter @charliewaffles @Bill284 @Rexer @Krissi1982 @sneekymofo @LKABudMan @Dr Fish (Sorry if I missed anyone!)

About my gear:
  • Light: MaxBloom CREE 400w X4 COB 12-band full spectrum with UV & IR (24-0 light schedule)
  • Exhaust: Vivosun 203 CFM 4" Inline Duct Fan with 4" x 14” Vivosun carbon filter
  • General Hydroponics HGC728040 Dual Diaphragm Air Pump 320 GPH 4 Outlet (running 24-7 and kept outside of tent)
    • 8” netpot lids each
    • 6” drip ring each
    • (2) 4” air-stones each
    • Clay hydroton
NUTRIENTS
  • Botanicare CNS17 Grow
  • Botanicare CNS17 Ripe
  • Botanicare Hydroguard
  • +Life
STRAIN FOR THIS GROW:
  • # of Plants? Will pop (hopefully) 6 seeds but only the 2 best seedlings will go into the buckets
  • Size - 55 - 80 cm
  • Indica/Sativa - 60/40
  • Cannabinoids - 21.78% THC from a random flower tested by Canna, Independent tests have seen as high as 27.53% total cannabinoids.
The next post here will be when my seeds have popped and I will try to keep up with a daily post:Namaste:

The following are notes that I went back and pulled from my last grow. These are only my notes for quick reference and are not intended to be instructions for anyone else (but feel free to use if you wish)

PRE-GERMINATION

• Distill 1 gallon of water; verify that EC and PPM are at 0, and record PH. The following is seedling strength for nutes according to Botanicare.
  • Add 3ml Hydroguard and 1/16 tsp+life; EC, PPM and PH should still be the same.
  • Check in 24 hours to verify all stayed the same; adjust PH back down to 5.5 if necessary (only a drop or so needed!)
  • If all stays good, dilute that down 50% and use that strength to pre-soak rapid rooters in and use for watering seeds once they have popped
GERMINATION
  • Lay paper towel in container with a lid, thoroughly dampen (not soak) the paper towel
  • Lay another paper towel on top and thoroughly dampen (not soak) the paper towel
SPROUTED SEEDS
  • Using tweezers, take seed from germination medium and lay in the Rapid Rooter, root down and seed near surface
  • Add greenhouse lid (close vent) and set on 80° heating mat under grow lights 36” from seedlings on 100% veg
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
Once plants are up from the rooter and have some height, pull the humidity dome off and turn on the little mini fans in the tent for air circulation and to start strengthening the stems.

PPM FEEDING LEVELS

SEEDLING
  • When seedlings have 2-3 nodes and decent roots, place the rapid rooters into hydroton, turn drip ring on 15 minutes 3x/day until roots come through netpot
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7 m/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
VEGETATIVE STAGE
  • Veg state: Lower RH 5% each week until 40-50% RH; 70-80° by day; 63-70° by night
  • Water should be just below netpot to no more than 1” below bottom of netpot when roots are through hydroton
  • At reservoir change (once/week) take mason jar of res water, add pinch +Life, pour back through hydroton
  • CNS17 Grow (50ppm/ml) 7ml/gallon (starting at 350ppm) until plants start to flower
  • Feeding Week 1
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 17ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 2
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 19ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 3
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 20 ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
FLOWERING STAGE
  • CNS17 Grow + CNS17 Ripe (25/75% mix) during second week of flower; remove bottom 3rd of plant (all bud sites and leaves)

Fantastic start my friend.
Do you have smoke detectors and a big fire extinguisher.
Stay safe.
Bill

Fantastic start my friend.
Do you have smoke detectors and a big fire extinguisher.
Stay safe.
Bill
Glad to have ya here! Yup - smoke detectors and fire extinguisher (actually have THREE) were REQUIREMENTS for my cookie business - actually had to have the fire dept come in and give me clearance for my business license!

Edit: also the fire dept is less than 1 mile from my house AND my BIL, nephew and nephew’s wife are all volunteers and EMTs

Glad to have ya here! Yup - smoke detectors and fire extinguisher (actually have THREE) were REQUIREMENTS for my cookie business - actually had to have the fire dept come in and give me clearance for my business license!
Fantastic.
I'd hate anyone else to go through what I had to.
Stay safe.
Bill

nice start. are you distilling all the water you use ?
what's the output of the distiller like ?

nice start. are you distilling all the water you use ?
what's the output of the distiller like ?
Yup - distill it myself; not fast though - only does 1.25 gallon at a time and that takes 5 hours. I have a 5-gallon water bottle that I just continually transfer the distilled water to so I always have enough on hand while I’m growing. Also just threw 2 3-gallon ones in my Amazon cart so I can mix the nutes directly into those ones for the girls when they are ready.

Yup - distill it myself; not fast though - only does 1.25 gallon at a time and that takes 5 hours. I have a 5-gallon water bottle that I just continually transfer the distilled water to so I always have enough on hand while I’m growing. Also just threw 2 3-gallon ones in my Amazon cart so I can mix the nutes directly into those ones for the girls when they are ready.

look in to an RO filter. you will probably have to run a pre filter as well. the pre filter is just a normal household use filter. many households, even on municipal use them. we have them here. they are a bit more common on rural systems.

your water output should be much easier to manage with an RO in place. dwc / rdwc uses an enormous amount of water. actually even passive hydro is water intensive. i'm concerned the distiller won't keep up.

edit : save your waste water. it goes to houseplants or the garden. i'll pour it straight on to the snow in winter over the garden if my jugs are full. i give it to my parent's neighbours to use on their houseplants even. tell them to dilute it 2:1 or 3:1. they all are amazed how their houseplants keep blooming all winter lol

look in to an RO filter. you will probably have to run a pre filter as well. the pre filter is just a normal household use filter. many households, even on municipal use them. we have them here. they are a bit more common on rural systems.

your water output should be much easier to manage with an RO in place. dwc / rdwc uses an enormous amount of water. actually even passive hydro is water intensive. i'm concerned the distiller won't keep up.

edit : save your waste water. it goes to houseplants or the garden. i'll pour it straight on to the snow in winter over the garden if my jugs are full. i give it to my parent's neighbours to use on their houseplants even. tell them to dilute it 2:1 or 3:1. they all are amazed how their houseplants keep blooming all winter lol
We considered an RO filter, but went ahead and spent $2k last year on a 3-stage whole home filter (got rid of orange shower, sinks, etc and dropped our ppm from 750 to a MUCH improved 200 ppm).

I would ask hubby to do an RO filter, but between the whole home filter last year and a $40k kitchen remodel we’re just finishing I’m afraid if I ask him to install one more thing for me that he’ll either throw me off the end of our pier or just divorce me!

The distiller got me through my last grow with no issues. Yeah, it’s a bit of a pain but it just comes down to planning for my needs (which I’m really good at)!

About my gear:

• 8” netpot lids each
    • 6” drip ring each
    • (2) 4” air-stones each
    • Clay hydroton
NUTRIENTS
  • Botanicare CNS17 Grow
  • Botanicare CNS17 Ripe
  • Botanicare Hydroguard
  • +Life
STRAIN FOR THIS GROW:
  • Size - 55 - 80 cm
  • Indica/Sativa - 60/40
The next post here will be when my seeds have popped and I will try to keep up with a daily post:Namaste:

PRE-GERMINATION

GERMINATION
SPROUTED SEEDS
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life

PPM FEEDING LEVELS

SEEDLING
  • Feeding Week 1:
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 7 m/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
VEGETATIVE STAGE
  • Feeding Week 1
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 17ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 2
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 19ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
  • Feeding Week 3
    • 2ml/gal Cal/mag
    • 20 ml/gal CNS17 Grow
    • 3ml/gal Hydroguard
    • 1/16 tsp/gal +life
FLOWERING STAGE

Nice start to your journal :thumb: I'll drop in from time to time to see how it's going :passitleft:
WooHoo! Thanks for the invite cj! I brought a box of wine. Mind if I put on some Santana?
Santana is great, but let's make it Jameson whiskey please :snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom