BabyTrees First Grow!

I actually have light all the way down to my soil on some areas of the tent, which I totally did not have before, I did take off a few more leaves here and there to get the best light penetration and ill probably keep plucking a few here and there for another week or so.
It's a good day when that happens! If only for little time sometimes for me. They grow back so well.

It's a good day when that happens! If only for little time sometimes for me. They grow back so well.

It was, I hope me using this trelis makes a difference, it was nice being able to space out the branches a little but def still have some clusters with like two tops in one I'm excited to see if evening out the canopy will get everything to continue being the same height, this is definitely a nice first official female plant. Pumped to see what she'll produce,
Anyone got guesses on how much she's gonna produce?

Okay, so today I went and tugged on my clones a little to see if they had roots, none of the three got yanked up, so they all have roots and hopefully I didn't rip em! Hahah.
So I will not be misting anymore and I will be letting the soil dry and I'll be treating them like a seeding week 1 of nutes, which is just 2 table spoon of big bloom into a gallon jug. I'll probably half that and do one tablespoon for the first feed.

Couple of the microgreens are ready, I'll probably cut in two days or so once more of them mature.
IMG_20200421_085538.jpg
IMG_20200421_085529.jpg

It was, I hope me using this trelis makes a difference, it was nice being able to space out the branches a little but def still have some clusters with like two tops in one I'm excited to see if evening out the canopy will get everything to continue being the same height, this is definitely a nice first official female plant. Pumped to see what she'll produce,
Anyone got guesses on how much she's gonna produce?
Ohh for sure!! A quarter pound or more!! :yahoo: (Don’t quote me on that) I’m not even sure which plant your talking about lol

Clones are looking healthy, and those sprouts should last just long enough to grow the next round!

Thanks!
I peaked at them before I left and the one I lowered down has some leaves on the very top stretching towards the light, excited to get these guys actually growing I was told the first like month they won't really grow or anything they just get roots, so hopefully soon these little things start shooting up, I'm hoping to get the Shed setup next grow to do a couple plants, I just have to clean so much stuff up to get it so I'd have two areas, one for veg/cone, one for flower.

The other mystic got four cuttings taken from it, and we're hoping they live as well, the northern were giving another week of veg than cuttings and flowering those two plants,

Next run I'd like to do 2 northern 2 mystic, and one Mystic in my tent to play with cause there are a few things I'd of done differently with LST if I had known what I know now I probably could of filled out the entire Scrog net! Haha

Preston did a great thinning tutorial for anyone with a really bushy plant, just in case you want to take a look.

I know I've made it when folks' phones start capitalizing the S in Shed :).

I'll check that out once I get off work in a few hours,
And exactly our phones all know referring to a Shed is you hahah.

But I def want to get the shed setup so I can get some more plants going and get them under some better lights, I was thinking about just doing 4 plants maybe 6 to start.
I'd probably do 2 300Ws in veg (ones like mine 130ish true watts)
Than flower I'd probably do one or 2 1000w LEDS,
Or 600s,
Ill have to look around and see what I should use for that size of grow to produce good quantity/quality, this 300s going to be an excellent marker to show what I can pull per roughly 100Ws, obviously I'll take it with a grain of salt since this is my first grow and I may not yield much, but I'll be able to see how a 300W compares to a 1000W of the Exact same strain planted at the exact same time, I'm interested to see if it's like a ridiculous amount more yield, and compare potencys,
So the 1000w tent grower was saying his lower nugs do NOT get caked with trichomes mostly just his tops, so that led me to do LST cause he just tops his once and let's them thanngs grow so I figured that was the issue, and hopefully we get a really good comparison to see if the 3x+ charge in electric is worth it in terms of Yield over my 300W and not only are we going to be able to see that. Each plant was done differently, his mystic was topped once, I told him not to top the northern so northern is a plant untopped growing normally, than my mystic was LST'D without a topping as well,
This is going to be a fun little experiment and comparison grow and it may influence how I grow my next runs although theoretically I feel like a LST'D plant should yield more than a non-LST plant just because of coverage but we shall see for ourselves in the months to come haha.

He and I are growing same exact nutes, same soil, but the plants both popped outta diff seeds from the same seed pack, we just got to the point of having plants to be able to take cuttings off.
I guess it won't be the most accurate experiment but it will give me a rough idea of the impacts of each technique and a extremely rough estimate on yield comparison,
The next runs not gonna be an experimental grow it'll be a grow where every plant gets trained exactly the same and I'd love to have a giant 4 plant even canopy that'd be so cool to look at, I showed a picture of my plants canopy to a friend, and she was like WOW how many plants is that, and I was like just one, so I can only imagine the reaction from a 4 plant+ grow LST'd than under a Scrog for flower, woooahhh just imagining like 120+ tops popping up makes me cheese hahah.

My plants probably got like 25-35 tops all at the trelis level currently, shits exciting with just one plant 4 would be mouth watering! Hahah
@InTheShed

Alright it's the morning for the girls, they just woke up and are looking perky I bent down a few of the leading tops again, and I tried to move the light out of the way to get a picture for y'all,
But it didn't really help, here's all the pictures from today I also took a under the canopy shot! Haha
IMG_20200422_075552.jpg
IMG_20200422_075513.jpg
IMG_20200422_075459.jpg
IMG_20200422_074034.jpg

I know! I get surprised by how much she grows.
This is the furthest I've gotten into a grow, and the first time doing some serious LST, I did not expect this canopy coming from a few year old Mars hydro 300 full spectrum light, it's only like 135 true Watts, and is trucking along pretty nicely, I'm excited to see how the nugs turn out if they're gonna be some chunkers or if they're gonna be little baby nugs, and if they're gonna be coated in trichomes!

Preston did a great thinning tutorial for anyone with a really bushy plant, just in case you want to take a look.

Thanks that was a good video, and that's exactly what I planned on doing next run, this run I'm not really 100% what bud sites I should sacrifice if any because I did cut all the ones below the level of the scrog I just have a few leaves here and there I can prune.
Do you think I have enough spread between everything? I tried to get everything spread but some squares have two tops in it because they couldn't reach anywhere else.

Do you think I have enough spread between everything? I tried to get everything spread but some squares have two tops in it because they couldn't reach anywhere else.
It would be easier to tell in white light but two tops in a square should be fine. In terms of thinning, most folks take off everything under the net after stretch, leaves and branches that don't reach the top.

Back
Top Bottom