BabyTrees First Grow!

@Pennywise Yeah, it's nicer than having to stress about what's wrong with our plants! But I may of gotten a good natured baby. Maybe a different seed will throw issues with the charts way of doing things. Im not sure, this being my first grow to harvest I'm not sure how other plants will react to the method.

Hope y'all are all doing well,
Was wondering if this is looking fox taily to you?
Also, am I right in thinking I should look at the trichomes where the pistils are or the sugar leafs?
I'm definitely going another week on the plant I plan to cut Thursday or friday, some of the buds are ROCKKK HARD. I am very excited.
IMG_20200620_154008.jpg
IMG_20200620_153959.jpg
IMG_20200620_153949.jpg
IMG_20200620_153907.jpg

Looking fantastic!!

yes sir, that does look like it’s going to fox tail. Let her keep going though! Let those white pistils finish off.

you should be looking In two or three different spots on one/each cola, for best observation. I usually pick three of four colas. Start at the top, then look at a couple different spots along the sides of it. Then move to the next, etc.

looking awesome man! You should get a great yield from it!!

Looking fantastic!!

yes sir, that does look like it’s going to fox tail. Let her keep going though! Let those white pistils finish off.

you should be looking In two or three different spots on one/each cola, for best observation. I usually pick three of four colas. Start at the top, then look at a couple different spots along the sides of it. Then move to the next, etc.

looking awesome man! You should get a great yield from it!!

My three biggest tops have amber trichomes in a couple spots, and my lower branches I can find amber on some of the spots on the lower buds ,my grower friend goes off sugar leaf. But I thought that turned first cause if so I'm like 50% + amber on some sugar leaf.
I've been looking at where the pistils are popping from and looking at that and there's some amber on it just not as much, if I look at more of the areas with the orange hairs.
Im hoping I get a good yield, me and my buddy were looking at it yesterday, he thinks I'm gonna get an ounce my guess is 45 grams.

Yeah sugar leaves always mature faster. Most of the sugar leaves get trimmed off, so you’ll wanna look at the “parts” your smoking.

my guess is you’ll get +/- a lil of 2.5 oz. :thumb: maybe even more, who knows!:popcorn:

How cool would that be for a first harvest, I'd be crazy happy. She already is looking amazing and we're really excited to smoke her, not as excited to cut her down though she's such a pretty plant.
I'm hoping I under shot it haha!
It's kind of hard to tell what's what to be honest. I'm not sure what's gonna be for smoking, honestly looks so different from when it's dry it's freaking insane lol.

Great job plants look amazing
Thank you! I'm happy with how she's turned out I've learned a lot and I definitely hope I can improve a little next run I honestly think I can fit another plant in here, just not as bushy. And more strategically placed.
Interested to see what I'll be able to do with this tent as I grow into it.

How cool would that be for a first harvest, I'd be crazy happy. She already is looking amazing and we're really excited to smoke her, not as excited to cut her down though she's such a pretty plant.
I'm hoping I under shot it haha!
It's kind of hard to tell what's what to be honest. I'm not sure what's gonna be for smoking, honestly looks so different from when it's dry it's freaking insane lol.
Don’t go into it with too high of expectations... I shouldn’t have even guessed the amount, because now if it’s under, it’s going to be upsetting. This is your first harvest, and this is where you learn by experimenting in new things. It doesn’t take long to understand the concept of it, but it only takes one time to be able to understand it all better. When you hang the plant, it’ll be huge. Once it’s dry, you’ll look at it, and be like, “where did it all go?” It all shrinks a significant amount, but like I said after one time of being in trim jail. You’ll be able to in vision it all better, right from seedling. Trust me, you’ll catch on real quick. I don’t like smoking sugar leaves as they tend to leave a bit of a headache. So I get rid of those ugly leaves. Now you can keep all you trimmings, put it in a freezer bag and into the freezer, then make butter, or oil with it, so it doesn’t go to waste.

Don’t go into it with too high of expectations... I shouldn’t have even guessed the amount, because now if it’s under, it’s going to be upsetting. This is your first harvest, and this is where you learn by experimenting in new things. It doesn’t take long to understand the concept of it, but it only takes one time to be able to understand it all better. When you hang the plant, it’ll be huge. Once it’s dry, you’ll look at it, and be like, “where did it all go?” It all shrinks a significant amount, but like I said after one time of being in trim jail. You’ll be able to in vision it all better, right from seedling. Trust me, you’ll catch on real quick. I don’t like smoking sugar leaves as they tend to leave a bit of a headache. So I get rid of those ugly leaves. Now you can keep all you trimmings, put it in a freezer bag and into the freezer, then make butter, or oil with it, so it doesn’t go to waste.

The only way I'll be disappointed with this harvest is If I come out with under an ounce,
I definitely plan on saving trim/larf I want as much goodies from the plant as possible!
I know it's supposed to lose like 80% of it's weight im sure it's going to be crazy the amount of difference in nug size day to day.
Think I'm going with branch by branch cut just because I'm in a scrog so I don't want to have to try to fight like a foot of nug to get the scrog off.
I would of preferred to whole plant hang though.
And I agree after being able to see wet vs dry I think I'll be able to envision it more and have a better understanding.

Thought you guys would appreciate a couple more trichome shots I just took,
I'm starting to see those stretchy resinious strands like @Backlipslide had in his pic he showed us, man this thing is looking aamazing, these are shots of some lower branches, starting to get more amber, probably pulling this weekend depending on hair colors/% of clear, cause as you see in the pic there are still some clearish looking ones
IMG_20200622_145330.jpg
IMG_20200622_145319.jpg
IMG_20200622_145212.jpg

It wouldnt let me do more than 10 pics on that starting thread I didn't realize how many pictures I had of these girls wow haha kind of hard to get these posted in the correct order as I'm clicking them bare with me if they're a out of order I'm having trouble if I click the ones I want to go in first they go last and if I swap it up and do the ones I want first to go last they still go last! I don't understand haha! I've gone to adding them one by one
Is it me or does it seem this baby liked being inside much better! The difference in the baby once moved to different location is amazing! So far so good with my one and only weed baby.( Im as new at this as a just hatched birdie) I'm going to have to read up on all this technical stuff cuz I feel kinda anxious right now cuz I haven't done a darn thing to my weed baby..just sunshine and rainwater on my deck rail. So now I'm like....oh man...is my weed baby doomed? (See my journal pic)

Hey curls, welcome.
Thanks for joining.
I suggest adding a link to your journal so people can find it easier, and are able to see it when you comment on posts.
I'm not an outdoor grower, but I'm sure it's much tougher than indoor. Quite a lot more variables maybe check out some outdoor grows and see how they deal/prevent certain issues, each environment introduced can host different issues though, no two grows will be the same.

Thought you guys would appreciate a couple more trichome shots I just took,
I'm starting to see those stretchy resinious strands like @Backlipslide had in his pic he showed us, man this thing is looking aamazing, these are shots of some lower branches, starting to get more amber, probably pulling this weekend depending on hair colors/% of clear, cause as you see in the pic there are still some clearish looking ones
IMG_20200622_145330.jpg
IMG_20200622_145319.jpg
IMG_20200622_145212.jpg
Are you using some sort of scope? Those pics look great !

Thanks I will have to figure out how to post a link..I just joined this morning :cheer:
Hey curls, welcome.
Thanks for joining.
I suggest adding a link to your journal so people can find it easier, and are able to see it when you comment on posts.
I'm not an outdoor grower, but I'm sure it's much tougher than indoor. Quite a lot more variables maybe check out some outdoor grows and see how they deal/prevent certain issues, each environment introduced can host different issues though, no two grows will be the same.

Are you using some sort of scope? Those pics look great !

It's just a 60x-120x scope ive got a hand held one that I hold over top of my phone and zoom in for pics for y'all , I'll eventually order the 50-1000x one they're only like $20-$40 but I'm starting to get decent pics with the hand held one so I haven't ordered it yet but I'm going too for sure.
The El cheapo handheld ones like I got are more than fine for yourself though I just want nice clear pics for the folks here to refer too if needed.

Looking amazing! Shes fox tailing and still throwing new pistils off. Shes not ready yet. Try and let her finish. You have came this far, let her play it out. The nugs will only get denser and your yield will go up. What week are you in?

Back
Top Bottom