BabyTrees First Grow!

Looking amazing! Shes fox tailing and still throwing new pistils off. Shes not ready yet. Try and let her finish. You have came this far, let her play it out. The nugs will only get denser and your yield will go up. What week are you in?
Day 75, the site advertised 7-9 weeks other site said 7-10.

Okies..I will retry making the link. Babytrees, I just read this whole journal and WOW! You are an inspiration! I watched your baby from a tiny seedling that was smaller than mine currently is and watched it grow and grow and omg it looks fabulous!!! You did a great job. I am still struggling with a few terms..ie: training, scrog, koalas/colas,nodes etc etc. I def am going to read up and hope and pray I do half as well as you! I couldn't believe it was your first grow, you must be a natural. I love the scope shots. I thank you and everyone else who very generously contribute to the learning experience. I'm in awe. Teach me Jedi masters lol I'm off to bed. Everyone have a lovely week

Okies..I will retry making the link. Babytrees, I just read this whole journal and WOW! You are an inspiration! I watched your baby from a tiny seedling that was smaller than mine currently is and watched it grow and grow and omg it looks fabulous!!! You did a great job. I am still struggling with a few terms..ie: training, scrog, koalas/colas,nodes etc etc. I def am going to read up and hope and pray I do half as well as you! I couldn't believe it was your first grow, you must be a natural. I love the scope shots. I thank you and everyone else who very generously contribute to the learning experience. I'm in awe. Teach me Jedi masters lol I'm off to bed. Everyone have a lovely week

Thank you for the compliment but I've done nothing but taken training tips from the people here I have been backseating their grows for years and they're quite a amazing bunch of people, I definitely don't think I'm a natural I believe it was luck of the draw with my seeds and I'm sure on future grows I will run into issues as I'm still not fully informed on defficencies but ive met some great people here and I'm sure they'll be here to help me thru future grows. At least I can hope!
I attribute my success in this harvest to the plants good natured genetics, to the gradual increase in nutes with a good soil, and folks helping me with all my questions,
This journal showcases what a beginner can do with a little research, and help whilst being in a fairly small area under budget lighting.

I do suggest growing a plant out normally topped or untopped to see the structure, and if you like the Christmas tree shape, I needed a very short plant that stays about 3 foot tops so I did a lot of training fairly early and flipped at a specific height as plants grow 2-3x their size in flower, you could also do side by side comparisons of the plants trained differently and find out what you like and what yields more for you,

Training can mean multiple different things, because you can train multiple different ways like low stress training i.e - the tie downs and evening of the canopy, some people super crop - bending branches at basically a 90 after working the branch in your fingers so it doesn't just snap, some people only top, some use a combination of all of them, my clones been topped, super cropped, and LST'D.
Scrog is just the little net people put up to get more light into the canopy, and later it also works to hold up some of the buds as well which is nice.
I am still googling and learning new terminology, aswell, this is a never ending learning experiment for us it's a wonderful hobby.
Im pleased my journal was entertaining enough to read throughout, I appreciate you checking it out.
p.s your link works now, and I'll peak in and see how you're doing.

Thanks bunches, I greatly enjoyed watching your first grow! The pic I took when I made my seedling discovery is below.. I have no idea how many weeks along it was when I found it I will have to check the date of upload to see when that was. I am unfamiliar with the term topping, but with my normal gardening if a plant looks weak, you " pinch it" or some people call it "deadheading" and I'm assuming it's the same concept? To divert energy to get a stronger plant? It's all fascinating to me..im going to buy a book or two if anyone can recommend some , the easier the better as I have zero zilch experience lol. Have a great day, thanks again
image-d0203daa-e6aa-42d0-bde5-bdf576493e0c8341084231648609738.jpg
and woohoo my link works!! Yay! But where did it go? Lol

Your link is kinda oddly placed in the words "newbie as newbie can get" if you click that it'll take you to your page, it looks like that was found maybe a week or so into it's growth it looks to have already started veg (I am determining veg by the first set of true leaves)
But yes, you just "pinch" the very top part of your plant down to where your next two sets are starting this will make you two new "tops" there are some great YouTube videos, and great journals on this site. We are in the era of technology and I buy nothing I don't have to buy so I have not invested in any books.

Don't overthink it, nor do you have to top there are a multitude of ways to get to a very nice harvest, for instance my big mystic was never topped, she was bent over down to her lower node, which tricked the plant into thinking she was topped and the lower growth takes off, but you can also top and it your lowers will have some time to catch up and grow while your two new tops form, than you can even top again and get them pretty even and start LST, there are quite a few avenues you can take, but I really am clueless when it comes to outside growing, but if it was me doing outdoors, I would top it and not initially LST.

Cool, thanks..I will check out my link again..lol. so if I found it at a week old on June 13th, that makes my weedbaby 18 days into growth tomorrow. I've been reading a lot on line and wow, there is a lot of info out there! I do enjoy bringing a book with me to the beach or outside to unplug sometimes, so I think I will buy a book as well. Its so helpful to get input that my weedbaby is looking good and on schedule. I do plan on lst or topping or combo of both. I Already have green gardening wire. I also use shishkebob skewers often in my gardening for my morning glories, beans and any other seedling that likes to climb so I will use those for supports if needed. So far so good, one day at a time. Thanks bunches

sounds like you've got everything you need, and I'm sure there are some great books, I was gifted one I've yet to open it though I am much better with visuals so seeing a YouTube video or seeing a training technique is plenty plus I love having multiple voices and inputs on everything @curls2cute

Yeah, I dig the visuals too but I also really love settling into a good book in a comfy spot. I do have some things, but from what I've been reading, the plant has to have periods of no light at some point. I'm trying to figure out where I will put my weedbaby when hopefully that time comes because I do not have any empty closets or an official grow tent? I also do not have any of those blue/purple lights..so I have some things to work on. Thankfully, I have plenty of time.

Yeah, I dig the visuals too but I also really love settling into a good book in a comfy spot. I do have some things, but from what I've been reading, the plant has to have periods of no light at some point. I'm trying to figure out where I will put my weedbaby when hopefully that time comes because I do not have any empty closets or an official grow tent? I also do not have any of those blue/purple lights..so I have some things to work on. Thankfully, I have plenty of time.

I love reading as well, which is why I really enjoy this community there's so much information out here.
blurples absolutely aren't necessary and typically they're some of the cheapest lights out and aren't very good efficiency watt wise most are like .5 GPW efficency, you can do fine with some hanging lights in certain spectrums if it really came down to it, but lights and spectrums are a entire different rabbit hole to jump down haha!
Yes in flower it is necessary to have 12 hours of darkness, some do 13, some do 11, but 12s pretty much the go to for the masses.
You can toss that baby anywhere as long as there's still a little airflow/circulation and complete darkness.
I've seen some really cool ideas for DIY grow boxes and such, I'm sure you'll be able to find something large enough to put the plant in, worse case you can get a big ole trash can and cut out a little hole and use a computer fan or something of that nature!

I screwed up and had to cut them. :rip: I've just been chilling in the background catching everyone's grow. You have fans I can see! :thumb:

Whaaatt! That's so sad they looked wonderful man! What a bummerr! I'm sorry for your loss I hope you were able to get cuttings so you're not fully set back!

Whaaatt! That's so sad they looked wonderful man! What a bummerr! I'm sorry for your loss I hope you were able to get cuttings so you're not fully set back!
It wasn't a loss, just nothing to write to 420 home about it. I'm probably going to end up turning it all into oil. Still have the next run strong but just haven't posted anything. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom