BabyTrees First Grow!

Thanks @Backlipslide
Hope youre doing well today bro.

Fed this morning with a gallon of nutrient water definitely didn't seem like enough though, probably my last nutrient feed as I want to harvest this week or next. I'm just waiting for a few more orange hairs.
I'm not quite sure if this plant is going to throw all orange hairs as I'm done in a lot of the parts of the bud, but it looks like every nug is progressing at different rates, some branches are done about mid way down, and towards the top some just have a few spots that are mostly done. I'm going to wait till maybe Friday or Saturday and see how they're doing and if I've got like 70% plus done on hairs/trichomes I'll probably go ahead and pull it.
If I do pull the plant will those white hairs finish off as they're drying and turn orange? Or do they just stay white? Cause a lot of them have orange tips and are turning orange now. I'm just worried it's gonna keep throwing pistils out and if it's because of the new light lol.
I was so tempted to dry out a nug and give it a shot this morning. I may pull a little nug and dry it via my space heater and try some when I get home from work, cause the nug I've got right now isn't the best and I want to try this mystic!

Here is the tester nug, I actually fell asleep after I got home I was tireeed we've been slammed with unboxing. Wow this nug looks great, this nug wet weighed 6.8 grams before I trimmed it up a bit
IMG_20200625_120513.jpg
IMG_20200625_115742.jpg

Once the plant is cut, it will stop growing. So they will stay the way they are. Take a test nug and it might be dry by the end of the day, it Might not be. But it never hurts to take a sample nug. :headbanger:

I quick dried it last time I sampled wayy early on, by tossing it in front of the heater on low in a paper towel and had cut the nug up, it dried in about 20, I'm gonna let this dry for like an hour probably and check out how it's doing. It sure does look good though!

Alright, so the plan is to let her dry out, hit a few day dark period till I'm off work next week and than cut her down..
That will mean her last feeding is a nutrient feed done like yesterday and it was only a gallon of water she's used to 1.5-2Gals. so I expect her soil to dry quick.
I'll update back when I dry that nug I took earlier with a smoke report, it's taking a while to dry I ended up just throwing it in my drawer I'll check on it maybe tomorrow or something I don't want to spoil it smoking it wet or microwaving it or something else of that nature.. I took it off the stem, and the stem was .5 of a gram, the bud start was 6.8grams with stem, it's down to 3.8 grams so far so shouldn't be too long.

My grower buddy came and checked on the plant again with me and I believe this is the most excited I've seen him haha, he keeps talking about how we've gotta get the next grow like this. And I agree our coming large grow is going to be insanely cool I can't wait to see every inch of the room filled with plants and utilize all the space. I believe we will/can increase his typical yields.. I do think it'll take some fine tuning in that space but I think we can liter that area with quality nugs!
I've already got some ideas for the setup.

Alright, high was pretty nice, lasted about a hour and a half or so and I still had a buzz after. i'll give it a like 8 outta 10, I'm very pleased with it and it wasn't even fully dry it's a really nice indica, definitely better than the weed I had bought this week looking forward to trying it fully dry and cured, I hope it brings back out that awesome citrus scent after it cures.

Now remember, drying/curing is just as important as everything else you’ve just gone through. It’s easy to get mold when not dried/cured properly. I’m sure you got it in the bag man!! Hopfully by the time you cut the plant, the smoke will be closer to a 10/10 :bravo: :thumb:

Now remember, drying/curing is just as important as everything else you’ve just gone through. It’s easy to get mold when not dried/cured properly. I’m sure you got it in the bag man!! Hopfully by the time you cut the plant, the smoke will be closer to a 10/10 :bravo: :thumb:

I will be hanging branches probably in my closet and I'll throw a fan in there and and I'll keep an eye on humidity, it has been crazy hot here lately so worst case I'll leave it in my tent with the carbon filter on 24/7 depending on temps next week, I plan on jarring burping daily and If it lasts long enough I'll drop some bovedas in to keep a good humidity.
Anything else I should be aware of?

You dont want a fan on them or your filter/fan running much at all in your tent. You should not be replacing the spaces air but a handful times a day. You do not want your buds to dry out fast and you want to keep that humidity in your drying space and slowly replenishing it. Just watch your humidity in your room/tent. Not to high, not to low and no fan inside the tent.

Thanks, I will keep a fan in the tent it won't be directly on the bud though but it will be moving air around, it's been like 85-90s here and my house/tents been around 80s+, so the Carbon filter may be necessary for cooling but we'll see how it is during the day without lights on in the coming days when I do my dark period, I do not plan on quick drying but it's also a tough part of year with all this heat so if I have to decide between a carbon filter or a 90 degree tent I will be using the carbon filter and hoping for the best.

Today will be the last day of flower, it's getting pretty dry probably another day before it's fully dried and fighting for life, id like to do a dark period till maybe Wednesday morning when I'm done with work for this week (long weekend this week!)
I understand there is still white pistils but I do not think this strain will finish completely hair wise as it just is growing it's foxtaily sections and everything else is done. I've got 20%+ amber on some nugs/places I look, and I'm happy with the chunk it's had these past few weeks a lot of areas that were small have really chunked up and gotten denser, I can't wait to get you guys some shots of some of these giant branches when it's out of the tent and a weigh in on everything.
Here is a canopy shot, and one of my fatter nugs, that I can't even fit my entire hand around.
IMG_20200628_064937.jpg
IMG_20200628_064912.jpg
IMG_20200628_070242.jpg

Still not ready yet, but this is your grow =) It will still be tasty bud. We all get impatient, The more grows you do the more you will learn to manage that and how much better the end product will be.

You should not put a fan in your tent even if its not blowing on your harvest, there again you test out what you think is best and try different methods to see what works best for you.

Dehydrator should never be used to dry/cure cannabis unless you are speaking of using it to fast dry a bud and in that case it does work. You can even microwave them lol.

Make sure you post a lot of pics of harvest!!!! :bravo: :yahoo: :thumb:

@HunterNitro I'm not trying to be impatient I just don't want to get to the point of having more Amber's than cloudy trichomes. Are you dictating done by hairs? Because trichome wise aside from the small fox failed sections are 100% done, and right beside the fox tailed section they are done and even some of the fox tailed section has orange hairs with a few Amber's, there's probably 80% orange hairs , the Alleged like 7-9 week strains is on day 81 which is almost 12 weeks, I have some spots over 20% amber once this week ends with it drying out, it will have been 12 weeks total, I've tried to wait and wait but there's no end in sight if we're only going off orange hairs.

Am I pulling way too soon?
@Backlipslide @Emilya @stoneotter
@Pennywise @InTheShed
opinions?
Have y'all had strains that some hairs just don't wanna finish but the nug has a bunch of amber/cloudy little clear
I don't want to pull early which is why I've waited so long, I'm worried I'm just gonna end up with wayyy too high of a % of amber on the mass majority of my buds, I know all the bud is supposed to be at all different points but I also don't want to harvest in sections.
will the hairs be able to continue to transition in the dark period as well?

Back
Top Bottom