BabyTrees First Grow!

Still not ready yet, but this is your grow =) It will still be tasty bud. We all get impatient, The more grows you do the more you will learn to manage that and how much better the end product will be.

You should not put a fan in your tent even if its not blowing on your harvest, there again you test out what you think is best and try different methods to see what works best for you.

Dehydrator should never be used to dry/cure cannabis unless you are speaking of using it to fast dry a bud and in that case it does work. You can even microwave them lol.

Make sure you post a lot of pics of harvest!!!! :bravo: :yahoo: :thumb:
Yup, was talking about trying the fast drying in the dehydrator..and wow about the microwave..didn't know that. Well, so much for microwave popcorn

Yes I am looking at the pistils and it is still throwing new ones out and foxtailing like crazy. The plant has not "finished". Once the plant is ready to be harvest and done to her potential, she stops, and you know it. I dont even look at trichomes much anymore and just know when to harvest (I do still check them of course). On your plant there are just to much new growth. That being said I have harvested plants in the same stage yours are at right now. You will have some very tasty bud as well if you dry/cure correctly if you harvest right this minute. Your girl looks very healthy for it being this far in flower and still growing, only reason I keep saying shes not ready. Good luck and keep us updated no matter what you do! It will be amazing either way. :thumb:

if you are worried about the pistils, then it still is not time to harvest. I suggest looking on the internet for pictures of mature buds of that variety. Compare the lack of white pistils and the hardness of those buds with what you have. Yours are not freaks... they can do that too. You just have to wait for it.

Hey em, I haven't really been waiting on the hairs to turn colors I've just been going off trichomes and to me they look finished and same to my growing buddy, but he actually wanted me to pull a week or two ago, and I wasnt ready because only the sugar leafs had the mass majority of Amber's. now the majority of the plant is 20% or more amber where ever I look aside from those fox taily section.
I think I will do my lights off as I planned tomorrow.
after browsing some pictures of the strain there seems to be a lot of different looking buds, some look like they actually turn like a purpleish and still have some white hairs, others look chunky with orange hairs, and others do still have white/purple hairs, mine does look significantly beefier than the purple pheno of the mystic,
It seems there's quite the spectrum of phenos.

@Emilya

Yes I am looking at the pistils and it is still throwing new ones out and foxtailing like crazy. The plant has not "finished". Once the plant is ready to be harvest and done to her potential, she stops, and you know it. I dont even look at trichomes much anymore and just know when to harvest (I do still check them of course). On your plant there are just to much new growth. That being said I have harvested plants in the same stage yours are at right now. You will have some very tasty bud as well if you dry/cure correctly if you harvest right this minute. Your girl looks very healthy for it being this far in flower and still growing, only reason I keep saying shes not ready. Good luck and keep us updated no matter what you do! It will be amazing either way. :thumb:

Thank you, I think I'm going to continue as planned with the lights off tomorrow, I'll be sure to drop lots of pictures when I cut, next plants are blue mystic again so if I feel like they didn't dense up enough I can run them longer next run, man 12+ weeks is a really long time to finish though sheeshhh!

I’d say she’s damn close. Those white pistils won’t mount to much anyways. Your in the drivers seat and in control of your grow. We’re just here to suggest and give hints and tricks. If you think it’s done to your liking, then you make the decision. I personally would say she’s in the last week. She’s damn close bro! Not fully ripe, but damn close. It’s all about preference, and if it’s to par, what your looking for, then you make the final decision bro!!! She’s looking great!!

I always use a small fan. I never point directly at the plant though. Just enough to keep some air flow. To the hell with losing product from bud rot. I’ve worked too damn hard to get the plant where it is, without losing anything. I’ll be damned if I start now.

@Backlipslide thanks man, I over think things too much it's a blessing and a curse cause I try to be a perfectionist in everything but it's a curse as well cause sometimes you can't perfect things right away no matter the amount of research done.

Do you know if the white hairs will continue to transition to orange hairs with the lights out for like 48-60hours?? I'm also hoping I timed it so it can start drying slightly whilst still on the plant the last like 12-24 hours, I heard the added stress can add trichomes as well who knows the validity of it.(surely not me!! Hahah) But I'll try anything for even a fraction of a % of better nug, everything helps

Hope you and the fam are doing well homie. You got a short work week this week as well? I'm excited for this 4 day weekend I didn't make any plans so I can just relaxxx, hopefully do a real good cleaning in the house too, I've been neglecting it.

I'm also interested to see what my roots will look like as I've only watered to run off a hand full of times so it will be cool seeing if I starved her for water or actually watered correctly im going to assume if the roots aren't at the bottom of the pot I under watered or used too large of a pot. I used a 5 gallon.
Sorry for the ramble lol, I'm at work and there's almost too much time to think about my plants :rolleyes::laugh:

Ill throw you another curve ball for your first grow. That darkness, stress period you are getting ready to throw to your plants is only going to make your smoke harsher and put unnecessary stress on your plant. A darkness period of that long should never be done and is not natural at all. Your plant is going to go crazy during that period and not know what to do. Your bud will not be any better from this. :thumb:

Ill throw you another curve ball for your first grow. That darkness, stress period you are getting ready to throw to your plants is only going to make your smoke harsher and put unnecessary stress on your plant. A darkness period of that long should never be done and is not natural at all. Your plant is going to go crazy during that period and not know what to do. Your bud will not be any better from this. :thumb:
I beg to differ... the plant is dying at this point anyway, so yes, it is going a little crazy. Why this would make the smoke harsher makes no sense to me, that is taken care of in the cure. The sudden darkness period of 36 hours at first would be thought of as a normal night, and not even noticed... and only toward the last few hours would there be any possible reaction from the plant... harsh smoke indeed. All the darkness does is convince the plant that it is time to finish up, and it allows the trichomes and terpines to finish out without another 12 hour period of degrading light. Not being natural is not a valid argument... everything we do indoors is not natural, from using containers to messing with the light, humidity and temperature.

I actually was reading up on the darkness last night and there's a ton of different arguments,
But I saw a few lab result videos - you can take this with a grain of salt or not,
But the no dark period the gentleman had 18.7% THC, 48 hours of darkness it actually went up to 20.4 increasing his THC, however in this specific video the guy lost a small percent of terpenes.
Now this can't be a fully accurate study because I imagine taking different buds will result in differing percentages in THC. But I do believe it will have some effect.

I've seen the argument that past 12 hours your plant needs the light to produce the sugars ext ext, but after seeing some videos on lab results and strolling Google, I do think 24-48 hours is a acceptable amount of darkness.
I've also heard that stress can cause more THC which is kind of why I let it pretty much dry out.
There is a lot of as Emmy would say broscience, but I don't think anyone can know for certain.

I’m super late but just in time lol, I heard somewhere that fox tails will continue to throw up white pistols, but that’s probably broscience also lol nice looking buds u got there

I’m super late but just in time lol, I heard somewhere that fox tails will continue to throw up white pistols, but that’s probably broscience also lol nice looking buds u got there

Welcome to the party! You've made it just in time for the best part of the grow I can't wait for y'all to see the nugs up close and in some good lighting. I'm really excited for the yield results too!

Hey guys it's been a while since I've dropped a clone picture here's my big girl that'll be going in my tent very soon, the second one I've kind of decided on but haven't fully yet I've got a few clones to pick from I think the one I'm gonna choose hasn't been LST'd, I've topped it and I'm going to train it out to fill spots in the tent where needed, I'll send ya a updated pic in a few days it's about the same height as this one In the pic but doesn't have nearly as many tops.
IMG_20200629_191710.jpg
IMG_20200629_191706.jpg

I like the top one best

Those are the same ones just a more of a side pic, the clone I'm talking about is growing straight up, and has about three tops so far, but I'm probably going to top them again so the bottom two branches even out and I get a few more tops to realllly fill out my tent, I'll get you a picture when I get home. It's still in a solo cup probably really wants to be transplanted, but isn't drying out quick enough for me to feel it's dire at this point.

Back
Top Bottom